• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TORONTO COMICON returns! Sunday, November 20/2011 with Don Kramer

75 posts in this topic

Since Roy is the only boardie I would recognize (well, other than Bruno and Marco, but they aren't going for drinks on Sunday), I'll track him down at the con and we can figure out our plans.

That's the problem with being so recognizable, Roy. Your gravitational pull is strong.

He looks like one of the guys from LMFAO Sky Blu

Screw you, Greek. I'm gettin' my pimp on this weekend.

117668.jpg.e90d461cf67b9430dab1f9f5fd21e380.jpg

Since Roy is the only boardie I would recognize (well, other than Bruno and Marco, but they aren't going for drinks on Sunday), I'll track him down at the con and we can figure out our plans.

That's the problem with being so recognizable, Roy. Your gravitational pull is strong.

He looks like one of the guys from LMFAO Sky Blu

Screw you, Greek. I'm gettin' my pimp on this weekend.

Serbian :baiting:

Just realized that the Santa Claus parade is this weekend.

:tonofbricks:

That means half the city will be jammed with street closures for the parade and pedestrians watching the parade.

I'd highly recommend making accommodations with this in mind otherwise you're going to have a nasty day.

Aw crud.

I'm torn. What kind of father would I be if I took my 3-year-old daughter to thec con instead of the parade?

There's always the Streetsville one next week, I guess.

When I worked for Benz they were parade sponsers a few years ago and my kids (the 3 oldest) were actually a part of the parade. It was tiring but GREAT fun to see them dressed up in costume and do the entire parade.

Aw crud.

I'm torn. What kind of father would I be if I took my 3-year-old daughter to thec con instead of the parade?

When I worked for Benz they were parade sponsers a few years ago and my kids (the 3 oldest) were actually a part of the parade. It was tiring but GREAT fun to see them dressed up in costume and do the entire parade.

For the Streetsville one or the Toronto one?

Aw crud.

For the Streetsville one or the Toronto one?

The T.O. one. Great fun. I remember running through the crowd for 3 hours chasing the parade to follow my kids and snapping pics of them.

Just realized that the Santa Claus parade is this weekend.

:tonofbricks:

That means half the city will be jammed with street closures for the parade and pedestrians watching the parade.

I'd highly recommend making accommodations with this in mind otherwise you're going to have a nasty day.

[font:Book Antiqua]Use TTC

and go to Union Station

The Easy way...[/font]

:headbang:

Well I am in Oakville now - body clock way messed up!

Is anyone going for drinks this evening or early afternoon?

I am planning Niagara this morning then heading into Toronto if anyone's gonna be around? Will try make the end of the con too but don't know.

Neil

Matala%2BBeach%2B%25287%2529.JPG

Sorry I didn't make it to Toronto. :cry: Would've been nice to meet some of you.

Just back from Niagara and all this travelling has taken its toll.

I only have Monday and Tuesday evenings left to explore so might make it into Toronto to check out the comic stores. :wishluck:

How was the con?

Neil

Roy and Lou got there around 3pm, and I got there about 5 minutes later.

We were there until 5, and then went for a quick pint.

Neil, these one-day cons are fairly small, but they're all comics. It's usually the same dealers at all of them, and the only US dealer is Harley Yee. 90% of the inventory is $1-3 stuff. A few dealers have a wall of higher grade bronze/silver stuff, and bit of golden stuff. Harley usually has the best vintage stuff.

The only thing I bought was the new Daniel Clowes "Death-Ray" HC for $15. Same price as on amazon, but there was no tax or shipping.

Great to catch up with Roy and Louise, even if I had to cut it short to get home.

Thanks to everyone that came out yesterday for the show, there was a great turnout and very steady traffic all day. Lots of folks with kids, so I suspect a few people came over to and from the Parade.

We'll be announcing some details on our 2012 Toronto ComiCon schedule shortly.

Thanks Kevin it was fun.

Picked up 8 new Wonder Woman comics and 4 Yogi Bears for my daughter (mainly from Wes). Got a bunch of cheap action figures and Marvel playing cards for the twins too. No buying on my part but sold a pretty big book to Harley... so that's a first.

We had a great time and left the show around 2:30PM so we caught the last 45 minutes or so of the Santa Parade. She was on cloud nine!

Later at home my wife asked her if she had a better time at the comic book show or the Santa Parade and she replied without hesitation... the comic book show! I think it had something to do with the amount of attention she was getting wearing her Wonder Woman costume!

OK gang, I'm the king of the last minute decisions. Going to try to be there for 3PM.

:wishluck:

[font:Book Antiqua]I just left the convention

Thanks for let us know Roy...[/font]

:baiting:

Sorry, was torn with what to do.

Kevin had told me that I just missed you. I was hoping some of you would be back.

:sorry: