• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An R-rated Wolverine movie?

39 posts in this topic

We all know that a superhero movie that gets an R rating doesn't do well.Look at Conan the Barbarian 3D,it had a 90 million production.

Total US Gross $21,295,021

International Gross $11,339,006

Worldwide Gross $32,634,027

What a bomb. doh!

We all know that a superhero movie that gets an R rating doesn't do well.Look at Conan the Barbarian 3D,it had a 90 million production.

What a bomb. doh!

I'm thinking The Producers of ''DREDD'' saw these numbers and they decided to reshoot for a PG-13 insted of the intended Hard R. hm

What a bomb. doh!

I'm thinking The Producers of ''DREDD'' saw these numbers and they decided to reshoot for a PG-13 insted of the intended Hard R. hm

Probably a very smart move on their part.

See,this why a R-rated Wolverine movie wouldn't work.

If you take a look at the box office gross of both PG-13 and R rated superhero movies,PG-13 movies have a better box office gross than R-rated movies.

I know every Wolverine fan wants to see a R-rated sequel,but it's never going to happen because kids,teens & parents make up for the ticket sales.

See,this why a R-rated Wolverine movie wouldn't work.

If you take a look at the box office gross of both PG-13 and R rated superhero movies,PG-13 movies have a better box office gross than R-rated movies.

I know every Wolverine fan wants to see a R-rated sequel,but it's never going to happen because kids,teens & parents make up for the ticket sales.

Pretty much sums it up imo

What a bomb. doh!

You just watch when Total Recall comes out - It's going to bomb, too. I believe an old gypsy put an curse on Arnold Schwarzenegger remakes.

What a bomb. doh!

You just watch when Total Recall comes out - It's going to bomb, too. I believe an old gypsy put an curse on Arnold Schwarzenegger remakes.

You might have something there? hm

And even less chance of seeing a realistic X-Force film made featuring Wolverine, X-23, Warpath, Archangel and Fantomex. That would be a bit of a bloodbath.

Watchmen and 300 were great comic book flicks with an R rating. (I know some will disagree with Watchmen but I loved it). Other good ones are V for Vendetta, A History of Violence and From Hell. Now if The Dark Knight Returns ever gets made, it better be a hard R.

Watchmen and 300 were great comic book flicks with an R rating. (I know some will disagree with Watchmen but I loved it). Other good ones are V for Vendetta, A History of Violence and From Hell. Now if The Dark Knight Returns ever gets made, it better be a hard R.
While those movies did well at the box office,they didn't bring in the big numbers like Spider-Man or the Dark Knight.

While those movies did well at the box office,they didn't bring in the big numbers like Spider-Man or the Dark Knight.

Not as big but 300 brought in over 450 million worldwide which isn't too shabby. 300 did beat each of the Spider-Man movies in Blu-ray sales.

Not as big but 300 brought in over 450 million worldwide which isn't too shabby. 300 did beat each of the Spider-Man movies in Blu-ray sales.

That's true,but 300 was different b/c it was the only movie worth seeing in march lol

I still don't think a R-rating will help the Wolverine sequel.

However, Wolvie is my favorite, and I will pay $20 to see the crappiest, lamest Wolverine movies ever out of gratitude that they are making them at all.

My thoughts.....EXACTLY......

In X-Men First Class, Magneto and Charles approach Wolvie in a bar and he quickly tells them to "f-off". Had to admit it caught me off guard but he was very much in character.