• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Im hating this hobby right now!

52 posts in this topic

Yeah, but it's gotta be better than not seeing books for weeks at a time...it's fun to take a hard look at lots of nice stuff and then set your priorities, isn't it? Frustrating, too, but hey -- another book will come around soon enough.

Dan

Yeah, but it's gotta be better than not seeing books for weeks at a time...it's fun to take a hard look at lots of nice stuff and then set your priorities, isn't it? Frustrating, too, but hey -- another book will come around soon enough.

Dan

Exactly. I was being sarcastic.

Dan

It's a constant conveyor belt of tremendous books. Amazed half the time at the way the market continually absorbs them.

Dan

It's a constant conveyor belt of tremendous books. Amazed half the time at the way the market continually absorbs them.

Me too,

who really is buying all this stuff?

Collectors or shill bidders, re flipping, :juggle:

I actually stopped looking at auctions. Everything has been higher grade and more expensive then what I typically buy.

There's a high percentage anyway that if you avidly follow such auctions that you may end up with nothing.

I just can't devote the time with a 6 week old baby, and a 2 1/2 yr old. The last few auction I watched, the books went insane. I have watched similar books on ebay go for less. It may be awhile before I become active in the monthly auctions again.

I actually stopped looking at auctions. Everything has been higher grade and more expensive then what I typically buy.

There's a high percentage anyway that if you avidly follow such auctions that you may end up with nothing.

I just can't devote the time with a 6 week old baby, and a 2 1/2 yr old. The last few auction I watched, the books went insane. I have watched similar books on ebay go for less. It may be awhile before I become active in the monthly auctions again.

Yeah with two kids,25 years awhile. lol

I pray every day a new book won't come up for auction.

That sums it up for me.

I lost a book I have wanted for years the other night. I knew I could not have it, could not pay enough to win it. I am just sorry I took the time to look at the auction in the first place.

:sorry:

Yeah with two kids,25 years awhile. lol

I still buy books. I just buy the same books I always have, plus some new stuff. Been enjoying mid-grade pre code horror books, and violent crime covers. GA is the shiz-nit lol

I find that I just have to narrow down my want list and go after the books I really want. Once I start spending money buying non core collection books, two weeks later, a book I never expected to see comes up for sale and then I'm trying to flip those non core books to raise funds. Never fails, happens to me every single time.

I find that I just have to narrow down my want list and go after the books I really want. Once I start spending money buying non core collection books, two weeks later, a book I never expected to see comes up for sale and then I'm trying to flip those non core books to raise funds. Never fails, happens to me every single time.

I really just watch the Tecs still. Sold almost all of my BA slabs off that arent Tecs. Keeping the GA, but really don't have a "want" list. Bought a grail recently that will be paid off next month, and picking up some cool books in NY this weekend. But I am not really chasing anything.

Dan

Me too,

who really is buying all this stuff?

Collectors or shill bidders, re flipping, :juggle: [/quote

x2!