• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I LOVE BRONZE AGE NEAL ADAMS BATMANS!!!!!!!

32 posts in this topic

Do you? POST your favorite covers!!!!!

Here's mine, it's new to my collection. Please don't laugh at it's low to mid grade off centeredness. For you see it is my baby insane.gif:

bb232f.jpg

is not such a bad copy! Its a beauty! Love that cover! I remember being 11 and flipping through a local comics stock and picking and choosing between a $6, $7 & $8 copy. All were beautiful. I should have bought them all!

is not such a bad copy! Its a beauty! Love that cover! I remember being 11 and flipping through a local comics stock and picking and choosing between a $6, $7 & $8 copy. All were beautiful. I should have bought them all!
You should have known the art of hoarding even back then. It's been really lucrative for me! grin.gif

I remember being 24 and seeing it on my local comic store's wall, and buying it for $25 dollars. Hey wait a sec....that was 5 hours ago 27_laughing.gif

Is there a TPB that collects all of the best Batman Ras al Ghul stories? I'd like to read them, but I don't want to spend the money on buying a bunch of DCs that I'll read once and then chuck in the garbage. insane.gif

Is there a TPB that collects all of the best Batman Ras al Ghul stories? I'd like to read them, but I don't want to spend the money on buying a bunch of DCs that I'll read once and then chuck in the garbage. insane.gif
Why not...your Marvels are getting lonely in the bottom of the can! 27_laughing.gif

Why not...your Marvels are getting lonely in the bottom of the can! 27_laughing.gif

Marvels..... cloud9.gif

Rob, you pegged my favorite by far in Bats #227. -----Sid

Same here. (Well, it may be that I just like the Detective 31 cover.) I bought a CGC 7.0 on eBay a few months ago. It's the best I've been able to find (except for ComicLink's specimens $$$). I paid $40 for it, $47 with shipping. I think Overstreet has greatly undervalued Adams' work. The Batmans in particular.

My favorite way to read this story is through the late 1970s tabloid reprint (new wraparound Adams cover though!)

LC51.JPG

But to answer your question directly, there is a TPB called "Batman:Tales of the Demon" that has all the original Adams and Novick stories, plus a latter-day Mike Golden story, plus the even more recent and ill-advised sequels. It is probably your quickest, and lowest-cost solution (from Amazon)

There is a 4 issue reprint series from 1988 called The Saga of Ra's Al Ghul that reprints the Adams stories. Cover price was $2.50 each. You should be able to find copies for cover or less if you do a little looking.

Here's an auction that ends tomorrow that doesn't have the minimum bid of $2.99 for the whole set! (They don't say how much shipping is though.)

Ra's Al Ghul auction