• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trimmed or paranoid? You be the judge!

19 posts in this topic

Based on the sharp change in the radius of curvature of the LRFC on the Astonish, I'd say almost certainly - corners don't wear like that.

But, honestly, even though it's highly suspicious, I can't tell from the scans with the Mystery. I would definitely look at the edges with a magnifying glass and see if you can detect a color/hue or texture change from one edge to another.

Ok, so you all are confusing even me. Dave says they're def' trimmed. Divad, Green and Aces think not. I'll be curious of the outcome.

Corrected. No one can determine if they are trimmed from scans. Sorry you are confused. I seriously doubt he's thinking of slabbing these, so I don't know what "outcome" you'll be waiting for . . . :grin:

Doesn't CGC have some sort of pre-slab inspection they offer at shows? Or am I way off? And I was actually considering getting them slabbed - not for flipping, just for my own collection. A waste?
CGC does not do this. At certain shows there are folks that prescreen, but they are separate entities from cgc.

But taking them with you isnt a bad idea, im sure you will run across someone who can give you further insight. To accurately detect trimming a book has to be in hand.

Doesn't CGC have some sort of pre-slab inspection they offer at shows? Or am I way off? And I was actually considering getting them slabbed - not for flipping, just for my own collection. A waste?
CGC does not do this. At certain shows there are folks that prescreen, but they are separate entities from cgc.

But taking them with you isnt a bad idea, im sure you will run across someone who can give you further insight. To accurately detect trimming a book has to be in hand.

Once again, :sumo:

Once again, :sumo:

:sumo: