• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Production flaw or bad trim job?

10 posts in this topic

I am real suspicious of this book but I was hoping to get some more opinions. All the edges look a little too nice and sharp but it is the top edge I find real odd. Nice straight edge till up to near the spine then there is this piece sticking up and worn above an otherwise clean edge. Can this have just been a bad cut at the printers or is it an incomplete trimming of the edge? There is still some overhang so I am puzzled.

PossibleTrim.jpg

IMG-19.jpg

Thanks for your input all, the owner has decided to go ahead and send it to CGC, if it comes back trimmed the seller will be getting an earful and then some.

I personally don't think that color break is a blade mark but I still definitely have my suspicions about the all the edges.

I hate trimming, it is hard to detect, hard to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, and if you are the owner of one raw you have to decide whether to point that out to other buyers when you don’t know for sure if it is and either risk burning someone else if it has been trimmed or taking the loss in value when it really wasn’t.

Most of the time when I see someone post one in question there is a mixture of opinions but this book is looking unanimous.