• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Selling Rule #1

1,007 posts in this topic

Blues was an accident made by un-educated musicians.......however I do love it.

But that is why EVH and jimmy page are never ranked in top 25 guitarist list from Guitar or Rolling Stone magazine.

They had great sounds, made great tunes, had a huge fan base......they just weren't great guitarists.

Oh dear. :eyeroll:

How long did that take you?

What time is it now? :eek:

Blues was an accident made by un-educated musicians.......however I do love it.

But that is why EVH and jimmy page are never ranked in top 25 guitarist list from Guitar or Rolling Stone magazine.

They had great sounds, made great tunes, had a huge fan base......they just weren't great guitarists.

Oh dear. :eyeroll:

How long did that take you?

What time is it now? :eek:

:applause:

Well I just checked recent poles.......and Page has been as high as 9th place. And one list had EVH in front of Rhoads. But for the most part my statement was true and current.

I've got a pole for you to check.

Who let the bears out?

Well I just checked recent poles.......and Page has been as high as 9th place. And one list had EVH in front of Rhoads. But for the most part my statement was true and current.

Apart from all the really wrong bits. :/

They don't count.

I've got a pole for you to check.

Who let the bears out?

:eek:

My vote goes to r1970d as Boards champ this week.

He's put on a posting clinic day after day.

I asked myself & then bing!, WTF kinda sound did Phrygia make ???

BTW, this business about Page being sloppy has always been.

This business about Page not being great is fairly novel in my experience.

:banana:

Apart from all the really wrong bits. :/

None were wrong, that is why it is called a pole, who does the pole has influence on it.

The majority had them placed in the range I originally quoted, however one pole had EVH actually higher than Rhoads and one pole had Page ranked 9 instead of much higher of a number like the rest.

Just wanted to admit that not EVERY pole was as I said.

So I hope ya'll can accept the fact that your favorite guitarists would not sit first chair in Moonlight Sonata. Which is fine, they were in great bands that made great music.

The just weren't great guitarists as the guitar was meant (when it was invented) to be played.

I asked myself & then bing!, WTF kinda sound did Phrygia make ???

It's a mode (one of many) that gives the music a type of flavour. When you base a scale off the 3rd step of a major scale it's Phrygian mode and it sounds very Middle Eastern.

Yngwie explains it well. With his fingers.

A really good example of Phrygian is found in his song Evil Eye.

Nobody ever mentions Ritchie Blackmore, even though he was as gifted as just about anyone from the '70s, had great feel, and virtually invented speed metal. And never lost his ability to play.

Blackmore is another guy who brought terrific classical technique to hard rock. I love listening to him climb scales through his solos.

Yes, that is what he did. But with feel, unlike a lot of guitarists who followed in his wake....