• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Key issues from the 90's?

141 posts in this topic

I am tasked with going through about 6,000 books for an acquaintance - 1/3 of which are books from the 90's. These are titles like Spawn, Witchblade, Generation X and so forth.

I owned a comic shop in the mid-90's, so I will recognize most of these books - but I also know that the value in them has dropped significantly in the past 15 years. For instance, a hot book like Preacher #2 or #3 would have sold in my shop for $40 back in the day, but you'd be lucky to get $5 or $10 for it now.

Are there any significant keys from that era that have become hot books past the $30-$40 mark today that I need to keep an eye out for?

The only ones I can really put to mind is New Mutants #98. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Not sure about this one. I know it used to be pricey.

Strangers In Paradise 1, first print, first Antarctic Press 3 issue mini-series.

Strangers In Paradise 1, first print, first Antarctic Press 3 issue mini-series.

Which would then be promptly sold to me. :sumo:

I think the book was up to around $200 at one stage. I don't know what the typical price is now. (shrug)

I think the book was up to around $200 at one stage. I don't know what the typical price is now. (shrug)

Raw copies still do very well. "eBay NM" copies sell for $50-$100 when they show up.