• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action #22

27 posts in this topic

I recently came across this book from a private seller-the spine is split at the top and bottom to the staples, but cover is still attached.Page color is really nice, about off white. Grade??

Action22_0001-1.jpg[/img] Action22_0002-1.jpg[/img]

looks like tape was on the FC and BC and has since been removed...

Where do you see that? I don't think so. :D

No, I don't see any evidence of tape there-maybe the comment was about the prominent dust shadow on the right edge.

Most likely 1.5 Slight chance of a 2.0

If there is one thing I know,is that Mike knows a thing or two about Actions and grading.So I agree with Mike. (thumbs u

+1

+ no spine roll, nice and flat issue

+ nice corners

+ only one small chunk out (back bottom right corner)

- It looks like there's a major spine split from the bottom edge to the bottom staple.

- significant dust shadow on the outer edge, front and back.

Like everyone else has hit on so far:

The spine splits alone will really hurt the grade, CGC has been hammering on splits recently. No sure how hard they will be on the shadow. hm

I'd say its going to be around 1.8, with a shot at 2.0 (if it does have OW) or even possibly a shot on the lower at 1.5.

I agree than from the scan looking at the front cover it has the look of a 3.0ish book but the splits rules the final grade at the end of the day.

Here's a perfect example of mine:

Tec35fc.jpg

Tec35bc.jpg

Now granted this one does has slightly brittle pages which docked it down at least a .5 further and the splitting is more servere than yours I believe but you can see how this book has a "look" of a 2.5/3.0 but is technically a 1.0. It's cover is still attached but has numerous splits down it (I'd say 70% is split among 3 splits) and thats what hurt the grade.

Like everyone else has hit on so far:

The spine splits alone will really hurt the grade, CGC has been hammering on splits recently. No sure how hard they will be on the shadow. hm

I'd say its going to be around 1.8, with a shot at 2.0 (if it does have OW) or even possibly a shot on the lower at 1.5.

I agree than from the scan looking at the front cover it has the look of a 3.0ish book but the splits rules the final grade at the end of the day.

Here's a perfect example of mine:

Tec35fc.jpg

Tec35bc.jpg

Now granted this one does has slightly brittle pages which docked it down at least a .5 further and the splitting is more servere than yours I believe but you can see how this book has a "look" of a 2.5/3.0 but is technically a 1.0. It's cover is still attached but has numerous splits down it (I'd say 70% is split among 3 splits) and thats what hurt the grade.

Wow- you're right- your books looks a lot better than a 1.0- my book really does show well "in person"- I was really unaware of how much you get dinged on splitting (I wish I had known that before buying the book) and the page color and quality is pretty nice in my book. Oh well, it is still a really early Action all the same.Thanks for the example (nice book!)