• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value Captain America Comics #1 CGC SS 6.5 (R)

15 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the right forum, if I need to change it please let me know...But with collectors insurance I am looking to insure I have the correct value on my collection.

One of the books I have is a Captain America Comics #1 CGC SS 6.5 (Restored). (See Below). The kicker to this book is, before I had it signed and graded the comic was displayed at the New York Metropolitan Museum of art during the Superheroes: Fashion and Fantasy exhibit in September 2008.

I have a certificate confirming its display in the Museum. I have a picture below of the book; In any case I saw a Captain America Comics #1 CGC 1.0 (Qualified) on the boards for sale at $15,000.00. I'm just trying to get the right coverage that I need for the book. Any help you guys can provide would be really appreciated. Very Respectfully, Mike

CaptainAmerica1.jpg

Anymore suggestion for Retail Value of this book, or should I stick with value of $18,000.00?

With a recent sale, the $18k looks pretty close. The history and a half a point on the grade might warrant the extra $3k (that might be a bit much). For insurance purposes, that could be defensible should something happen.

If you were to put it at auction, you might not get the $15k the last one sold for. You might make more. I would guess closer to the $15 than the $18.

The 1.0 on the bst is not an accurate reflection of the market IMO. A 3.5 unrestored sold for around $13500 a few months ago at comiclink. Id say your book is worth in the $12-$14k range.
Problem is that the market is moving up on the book. A 4.5 recently sold for over 33k I believe and a 3.5 has resold for almost 20k. What happened 6 months ago is valid of course but doesn't reflect current "value" IMO

The 1.0 on the bst is not an accurate reflection of the market IMO. A 3.5 unrestored sold for around $13500 a few months ago at comiclink. Id say your book is worth in the $12-$14k range.
Problem is that the market is moving up on the book. A 4.5 recently sold for over 33k I believe and a 3.5 has resold for almost 20k. What happened 6 months ago is valid of course but doesn't reflect current "value" IMO

You all hear what MAMA said?! :sumo:

As long as the hobby has the Gator, we are all better off (thumbs u

(thumbs u

I'd buy 3.5s at $13.5k all day long.

the sale of the 9.2 hat $343k has caused a price shift but the extent that it flows to the lower grades has not been made clear yet.

i turned down a $40,000 offer for my cgc 4.0 blue, o/w.

of course, it was my ten year old who made the offer. she may have 40,000 hair-bows, but only about 17 bucks.