• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic four 1 Centerfold

21 posts in this topic

I have a super low grade fantastic four 1 without the centerfold intact, does anyone know if it would be possible to use the centerfold from the golden record reprints, it should be the same type paper stock, (only 5 years later), and also if the pages match up becuase adds were probably different in each copy, or does anyone know where i can find a centerfold or if they have a coverless copy for sale. thanks.

Bryan.

There were no ads in the Golden Record reprints. I don't have an FF #1 to compare it to, but I doubt if the middle wrap would match.

Yep, the GRR are thinner than the originals due to the lack of ads. The page numbers would never match up.

We could test this. I don't have an FF #1 nor the reprint, but I do have an ASM #1 GRR. My true #1 is slabbed, but if someone has a raw copy that they could check the centerfold on I could take a picture of my GRR cf this evening and post it.

This might help...

Coverless copy on eBay

Seems like it could be a good candidate. You can buy this one and remove the centerfold, and likely resell what's left and eke out part of your cost. (Assuming the page quality is a reasonable match... and also assuming that your centerfold-less copy is worth investing a bit more money into.)

I got the seller to agree to sell just the centerfold, but the seller said 250.00?! I just feel that is overpriced, I mean I offered 150 (just for the centerfold) and they said they couldn't do less than 250.00, I paid 350.00 for my FF1, I'm not going to spend almost as much on the fold as the whole book.

I got the seller to agree to sell just the centerfold, but the seller said 250.00?! I just feel that is overpriced, I mean I offered 150 (just for the centerfold) and they said they couldn't do less than 250.00, I paid 350.00 for my FF1, I'm not going to spend almost as much on the fold as the whole book.

Yikes!

Tough one... hm