• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grade my 204

9 posts in this topic

9.6+. It is impossible to say with any accuracy from a scan whether a book is a 9.8, 9.9, or 10.0. You really need to have the book in hand, because printing waves, minor spine wear, and the like all come into play on those grades and they don't show up properly in a scan.

You know its funny you say that because there is only one small spine stress that is hard to see unless the light hits the book just right. Other then that nothing else is wrong with it.

9.6+. It is impossible to say with any accuracy from a scan whether a book is a 9.8, 9.9, or 10.0. You really need to have the book in hand, because printing waves, minor spine wear, and the like all come into play on those grades and they don't show up properly in a scan.

What he said...

How the 893censored-thumb.gif can you tell the difference between a 9.8 and a 9.9!?

I'll just say 9.6 or better... smirk.gif

You know its funny you say that because there is only one small spine stress that is hard to see unless the light hits the book just right. Other then that nothing else is wrong with it.

Let me guess, there's a weird kind of ding/bend/smoosh about 1/2 inch below the top staple?

Somehow that's endemic to this issue - more than 50 books at a Long Island, NY LCS - about 20 at a Teaneck, NJ LCS.

Larry

Let me guess, there's a weird kind of ding/bend/smoosh about 1/2 inch below the top staple?

Somehow that's endemic to this issue - more than 50 books at a Long Island, NY LCS - about 20 at a Teaneck, NJ LCS.

Larry

yup every single copy at the 3 lcs's here in ottawa, ont had this defect...

guess i wont be getting a 9.8 of this issue 893frustrated.gif

Yep, that's my belief, too - and (so far) I haven't sent any issues to be slabbed.

It will be interesting to see how the "guaranteed" 9.8 company does with this particular issue...

Larry