• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recommendations for good independent comics?

32 posts in this topic

If you haven't read the 30 issue run of Peter Bagge's Hate, what are you waiting for? It would help if you used to be a punk rocker, pothead, music enthusiast, or have dated a couple of psycho chicks in your time... or have lived in the usual dysfunctional suburban environs.

I also can't get enough of Clowes, Seth, Deitch, and the Hernandez Bros.

green wake - an aquired taste and artwork but I love it

I like his work. Picked up most of Rossmo's Cowboy Ninja Viking, which was pretty good. I do think he could slow down a bit and put more into individual panels, though.

I thought Green Wake was pretty good... I only picked it up b/c I've been following Riley around since Proof. It was good, but it definitely feels like reading PAD's Fallen Angel without as much religious stuff going on. At this point I'll keep reading it for the art, but I won't really care when the series is over.

I'd much prefer Riley go back to Proof... or CNV...

Irredeemable :headbang:

I just picked up the first 5 issues of this series on Comixology and wow! What a great series! In many ways, it kind of does what I'd originally hoped Incognito would do: Answer the question of what would happen if a Superman-like hero just went to the dark side.

The artwork is solid and I have no real complaints there--nothing that really stands out stylistically--but it's Waid's writing and overall story that drive this series. I'm not sure how the rest of the title will develop, but so far, it's a solid read.