• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Secrets of Haunted House #1 por favor

12 posts in this topic

Hi. I was pretty excited to find this book the other day in what I thought was great shape. The scan, in my opinion, makes it look worse than it looks in person, though. Anyway, it's got a slight spine roll so I think I want to "press" it but haven't ever done it before so if anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it greatly. I'll post the back next. And, it has white pages. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you have...

Sec_of_Haunted_House_front.jpg

I love that book--I have two CGC 9.4 copies and at least two more 9.2 waiting to be graded.

There are two or three color breaking creases that automatically push it to VF territory. The bumps and dirty back would cause a grade of 6.5/7.0 as is if CGC'd. There's a nasty stain at the top back cover that concerns me too.

Summary:

Send it now as is: 6.5/7.0

Clean/Press "stain" removed: 8.0/8.5

Clean/Press "stain" remains: 7.0/7.5

With the colour breaking creases, corner bump and whatever has happened to the bottom edge of back page (left side), I would say it was worthy of a strict 7.5 VF-, and a very nice one at that. In response to your 'por favor', I reply 'de nada'!