• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 3 Daredevil Story Arcs / Runs

67 posts in this topic

My two biggest issues with Bendis on DD, ( I said I wasn't going to do this again, for the one hundredth time, but you gentlemen are so polite, you've sucked me in) is his inability to seal the deal, story wise. All of his stories struck me as sound and fury, signifying nothing. His beginnings would be these great explosions of kinetic energy, his middles would get muddled and he would pee pee the endings away. The two arcs I'm particularly thinking about are Decalogue and the return of the Hand. You guys have convinced me to give them a reread and I'm going to have a fresh perspective on them.

My second biggest issue with Bendis was his complete disregard for all the powerful myth making that Miller brought to the character. I took that disregard personally.

The one issue I can remember from my childhood of Daredevil in the 80s was the arc with Romita Jr./Nocenti where Ultron was going after DD and Ultron was having multiple personality issues with all his other versions on his head. It was trippy at the time, I'd like to re-read that run but its been hard trying to find those issues in the cheap back issue bins I dig around.

I like the Nocenti run a lot as well... DD going to hell was one of the first books I bought for myself off the stands.

Also, as mentioned, Man Without Fear was awesome. That mini-series is what ignited the desire for me to put together the full run. Also really enjoyed the Smith/Quesada reboot. That came out not long as I finished completing (and re-reading from 1-380) the volume 1 run; Karen's death is one of the very few (only?) comic book deaths that really got to me.

Also really enjoyed the Smith/Quesada reboot. That came out not long as I finished completing (and re-reading from 1-380) the volume 1 run; Karen's death is one of the very few (only?) comic book deaths that really got to me.

The same. With the other standout for me being the death of Iron Fist.

I'm going to assume CBR got their idea from my thread! :makepoint:

lol

Seriously though, thanks for passing this along. Not only does it condense all of the above into a compact list, it also gives me some covers to look for!-)