• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossgen Comics

5 posts in this topic

All,

What are people's thoughts about Crossgen books?

Which ones are good?

Are they another Valiant in the making? (I'd hate to invest my time and energy in collecting them to have them go under in the next year or two)

Is there any collectability with their books, or are they reading only?

Rui, aka Ariamus

I haven't tried to sell any but they certainly have some good books out there. Their books tell a great story, and that's their strong point. The artwork is about par for everyone else. The people working at CrossGen are great too, I wrote them a letter once asking them about something and they sent me back a few free books to read smile.gif

Also, I don't know if they still do this or not..but if you buy a book of theirs..and don't like it. You can send it back to them and they'd refund your money.. I'm not sure that they still do that, but they used to! smile.gif

Brian

Crossgen comics have just started to be published in Finland

(100pgs compilation of Sojourn,Meridian;Scion and Mystic 25pgs each)

Sojourn seems to be best one of those titles, great artwork by Greg Land. But will it be interesting reading in a future?

Are these titles "maxi series", or do they continue "forever"?

I have also heard positive comments on Ruse. (Both writing and art)

What other recommended titles there are?

I always buy the new issues of Sojourn and Ruse. The stories are great, and the artwork is amazing. The other titles I would recommend would be Scion and Meridian. The Way of the Rat is great, too. I think CrossGen is doing a great job. They have only shipped late once and that was due to a mix up with Diamond. Their Forge and Edge collections are a great idea. All around a blessing for the comic book industry. They have opened up the foreign market to include China, something that has never been done before. They have high standards for the quality of their publications and they always try to improve.

I can't wait for the Crossovers, a new Crossgen series

Should be coming out in January and looks really funny...

-----------------------

The New Comedy Adventure Series THE CROSSOVERS

Code 6 Comics is launching the new monthly comedy adventure series titled The Crossovers by veteran comics writer and novelist Robert Rodi and artist Mauricet in January 2003. The Crossovers is the second scheduled title from the new Code 6 line.

The Crossovers is the first foray by Code 6 into satire and humor. It follows the December release of the fantasy series R.A. Salvatore's DemonWars.

The Crossovers is the story of what appears on the outside to be a normal, suburban family, but on the inside is something completely different. Set in a world reminiscent of a TV sit-com, the Crossovers family is made up of father Carter, mother Calista, daughter Cristina, and son Clifford. All appears normal with them until they each head off on their own and the real action begins. Carter's secret identity is that of Archetype, his city's costumed defender. Calista goes from soccer mom to slayer of vampires. Cris travels through a dimensional portal that transfers her onto the field of battle as Eradika the warrior woman. And conspiracy theories and aliens follow Clifford wherever he goes.

"This book is going to be a blast," said Ian M. Feller, Director of Business Development for Code 6 Comics. "From the moment I read that the concept was a satiric spoof of all genre entertainment, including superheroes, I knew this one was a winner. Then when Rob Rodi began sending in his plots and Mauricet began sending in his character designs, it sealed it for me. The Crossovers has everything readers want from a comic: action, adventure, intrigue and it's darn funny."