• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hey CGC where is my pedigree?

69 posts in this topic

pedigree books, what a joke, i wonder how much some of those companies pay CGC to get a pedigree?

ive been collecting for over 30 years and have sent in 3 of my original books for grading, so why arent they marked TINY pedigree?

we get to take the word of CGC and the owner of the book that those are orignal owned copies of the book in question, like no one ever goes to a shop and sells or trades comic books, what a concept, i wonder if any of the comic shops have ever entertained the idea of buying someone's collection of books?

hmmm. politics in comic book grading, that could never happen could it?

pedigree books, what a joke, i wonder how much some of those companies pay CGC to get a pedigree?

ive been collecting for over 30 years and have sent in 3 of my original books for grading, so why arent they marked TINY pedigree?

we get to take the word of CGC and the owner of the book that those are orignal owned copies of the book in question, like no one ever goes to a shop and sells or trades comic books, what a concept, i wonder if any of the comic shops have ever entertained the idea of buying someone's collection of books?

mandy.jpg

Lots.

You have to send in the entire collection for this to happen.

They do this.

Never.

I don't believe anyone pays CGC for pedigree status.

From what I've learned here, pedigreed books usually have uniform and notable characteristics indicating they have been stored together for some length of time, and sometimes have indicators that they were bought from the same place over a number of years.

With my own collection, it's pretty easy to tell the books I bought off the rack (the majority from the same couple of places) from the ones I picked up here and there as back issues.

If I can tell the difference, given my amateur status, I'm sure CGC can.

I'm not sure that every pedigree has been established while in the possession of the original owner.

I do understand your point, though. It's a valid concern given the shenanigans that happen in this hobby.

Lots.

Hey goldust40, are you just joking with the guy? People don't really pay for pedigree notation, outside of grading fees, do they?

Lots.

Hey goldust40, are you just joking with the guy? People don't really pay for pedigree notation, outside of grading fees, do they?

I'm joking. If the collection is not a pedigree but is large and good enough, and CGC deems it acceptable, the owner can have a collection designation on the label, like the Mile High Dallas Stephens collection.

Actual pedigrees have to be provenanced adequately, have been bought off the stands, be in consistently well-preserved condition with unique qualities specific to it and be old enough to qualify for the ped designation.

It's entirely up to CGC what makes the grade here - pedigree notations cannot be lobbied or paid for.

Check out some of Tiny's other threads for a good laugh. This gem came from the thread below:

"and by the way graders at the cgc this is for yall, my deathlok 1 from 1990 is still a 10 even though u graded it at a 9.8, so this is what i propose yall do, when someone resubmits a book and it gets a higher grade, if the person keeps thier reciept from the first time, and thier lable, yall should give them a full refund of both grading times, cause yall screwed up, just saying, no conjecture."

lol

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5180647#Post5180647

seriously, id like to know the answers to the questions i proposed, gettin the experts at cgc to answer hard ball questions is not something they will even think about doing.

i dont post alot, i only post when something bothers me or i have an opinion i have put some thought into.

my collection of books speaks to my knowledge of the hobby, and i dont run down anyone with the exception of the cgc, because i have legitimate questions i want answers to.

if me asking those questions bother you, then, oh well, you will get over it, but im not asking for my health, just looking for answers.

seriously, id like to know the answers to the questions i proposed, gettin the experts at cgc to answer hard ball questions is not something they will even think about doing.

i dont post alot, i only post when something bothers me or i have an opinion i have put some thought into.

my collection of books speaks to my knowledge of the hobby, and i dont run down anyone with the exception of the cgc, because i have legitimate questions i want answers to.

if me asking those questions bother you, then, oh well, you will get over it, but im not asking for my health, just looking for answers.

CGC better pedigree my books or I pop a cap in der AZZZ

61QsPgYbKRL._SL290_.jpg

You put some thought into the quote I posted??

Bother me? Hell no, keep 'em coming! Just type out whatever comes into your head, don't edit it at all, and just hit "post".

Why do you care that CGC gave your book a 9.8 if you believe it's a 10?

That question really bothers me. Just looking for answers, no conjecture.