• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Trading Weekend date set for Nov 24-27

264 posts in this topic

A little late, but I thought I'd give a little feedback.

I completed 4 or 5 trades, most of which were multi-book trades. I'd consider that a success. :)

I'd say the biggest set back was people valuing their own books at levels generally much higher than the person they were trying to haggle with. I know I'm guilty of that with a book or two (Hi Jeff! :hi: )

My suggestion would be that future trading threads would encourage people to put the value of their trade. Perhaps "how would you value the book?" isn't the right question, rather we should ask "if selling the book here on the boards, what would your asking price be?" My guess would be that people would be more willing to put that price out there...plus, there's more room to negotiate when the question is framed like that.

Finally, I liked the idea Doug put out there by adding in which books from other posts he liked in his own post. Basically, he took the first step that I got the impression that many people were nervous to take to initiate a trade. I'll likely call out the books I like in the next trading thread. I'll definitely participate again.

A little late, but I thought I'd give a little feedback.

I completed 4 or 5 trades, most of which were multi-book trades. I'd consider that a success. :)

I'd say the biggest set back was people valuing their own books at levels generally much higher than the person they were trying to haggle with. I know I'm guilty of that with a book or two (Hi Jeff! :hi: )

My suggestion would be that future trading threads would encourage people to put the value of their trade. Perhaps "how would you value the book?" isn't the right question, rather we should ask "if selling the book here on the boards, what would your asking price be?" My guess would be that people would be more willing to put that price out there...plus, there's more room to negotiate when the question is framed like that.

Finally, I liked the idea Doug put out there by adding in which books from other posts he liked in his own post. Basically, he took the first step that I got the impression that many people were nervous to take to initiate a trade. I'll likely call out the books I like in the next trading thread. I'll definitely participate again.

I too had a very successful trade weekend. I couldn't agree more with your point about posting values with books for trade. It would eliminate alot of wasted PM's. Doug's approach was very smart and I did complete a trade with him.