• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Batman 238 considered a key?

35 posts in this topic

Been looking for a decent copy for a while now and I'm astounded as to how high the prices are. I had a copy when I was very young so this is one of those books I'm trying to recover from my youth. This book is even crazier than Bats 227 (almost).

This is ni

Been looking for a decent copy for a while now ... This book is even crazier than Bats 227 (almost).

These together with GL 76 are the most difficult to obtain in top grade, and even harder for owners to sell those NM ones they 've got. To me, this comic falls within the top 3 DC Bronze key. Intro of a major villain and future bats relatives and ol' Bats expanding out of his mold as a typical caped crusader and darker dark knight into an international high adventurer. Since the mid 90s up til now, i have yet to see more than two copies in NM (every sense of the word) put up for sale.

If only DC is game enough to do some exact replicas or high end Omnibus, then and only then would we see more high grade and NM ones being released by their owners.

Without looking at GPA, the last eBay copy I remember from a couple years ago in CGC 9.4 went for somewhere around $2500.00 I believe. I have the Pacific Coast 8.5 and have been looking for a nice 9.2 for years now but to no avail.

Great wrap-around cover with an odd-ball ensemble of 3rd tier characters other than Bats. Not a key book, but definitely a super tough Adams Bat book. Probably the toughest to find in 9.2+? :o

Anyone disagree?

impossible in HG, just ask greggy

I just refuse to believe this notion on any book past 1959 anymore, especially a bronze Batman book.

I agree with that in principle, but I also think that some books will be on the edge of the bell curve, and this one may be it. Squarebound, black cover, higher price, etc... and with the prices realized for 9.4's, I would think that higher grades would be coming to market by now...

batman238.jpg

I had an "ok" raw one, an 8.0 I think. Its a difficult book I think, due to it being a squarebound.

Looking at the census, only 1 in 9.6 and 3 in 9.4.

But I'm sure more copies will turn up, just like there was no 9.8 #300 and bang there is now!

Who did the cover?

zzz

No idea. I just think it looks cool. :hi:

Using a cape to cover half the area is just plain lazy. It's like using a photo in the background; lazy.

Who did the cover?

zzz

No idea. I just think it looks cool. :hi:

Using a cape to cover half the area is just plain lazy. It's like using a photo in the background; lazy.

The artist was trying to scam us with too much cape. Very sneaky, whoever it was. hm

No 9.6s graded. yet.

When it comes, and it will, it will be fun to watch you, Doc and Greggy fight it out!

lol

Can I have your under copy?

:wishluck: