• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

I have no problem with Ebay's managed payment system. Fees are taken out automatically and it saves me the hassle of worrying about paying them when the time comes. I also have no problem waiting  3-4 days for my money to be deposited.

If you cant wait that long, idk, maybe find an actual job.....

26 minutes ago, Second Blight said:

I have no problem with Ebay's managed payment system. Fees are taken out automatically and it saves me the hassle of worrying about paying them when the time comes. I also have no problem waiting  3-4 days for my money to be deposited.

Okay, here's where I draw the line buddy :sumo:

An actual job makes you wait two weeks to get paid, or more! I get paid monthly. What these folks need are not-real jobs, like contracting work where you can negotiate daily pay. I think that is also available with Uber and some other not-legally-full-time-employee type stuff.

Together we can find solutions for the people :grin:

:boo:

1 hour ago, Second Blight said:

The main issue I think most have is that while eBay says they are saving the seller money, they may save you some money but while saving you money, holding everyone’s money for even a few days will earn them tons and tons of money in interest over the long run.

13 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

The main issue I think most have is that while eBay says they are saving the seller money, they may save you some money but while saving you money, holding everyone’s money for even a few days will earn them tons and tons of money in interest over the long run.

I don't think people realize that Paypal isn't technically instant. They just front you the money while it clears. Heck, depositing a check at a bank still takes a day or two to clear.

14 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't have an issue with that. I've been an eBay member since 1998. I've had 20+ years to figure out a better solution for finding the one guy that wants to pay me $325 for my copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day on Nintendo 64, but I didn't. They should get their money; I'm getting mine OK.

2 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't have an issue with that. I've been an eBay member since 1998. I've had 20+ years to figure out a better solution for finding the one guy that wants to pay me $325 for my copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day on Nintendo 64, but I didn't. They should get their money; I'm getting mine OK.

Yes that is a fair point. I am not disagreeing, just pointing out why some don’t like what eBay is doing.

By collecting the fees right away, they also bank that money 30 days sooner and earn interest on that also.

My main beef is being in Canada they will convert the USD I get paid in and automatically convert it to CDN into my bank account with an FX that will undoubtably be to their advantage. Plus when I need USD to pay for something by PayPal they will ding me a second time when doing the FX the opposite way :frustrated:

1 minute ago, Jordysnordy said:

Yes that is a fair point. I am not disagreeing, just pointing out why some don’t like what eBay is doing.

By collecting the fees right away, they also bank that money 30 days sooner and earn interest on that also.

My main beef is being in Canada they will convert the USD I get paid in and automatically convert it to CDN into my bank account with an FX that will undoubtably be to their advantage. Plus when I need USD to pay for something by PayPal they will ding me a second time when doing the FX the opposite way :frustrated:

Yeah, at least that part I don't have to deal with, that adds a wrinkle for sure. But so far I've been getting my payouts next day, except for the first couple of sales. I hadn't sold for a few years, so I guess they needed to make sure I was legit. But aside from the holiday weekend (my payout is scheduled for tomorrow from sales on Sunday), it's been pretty quick. Honestly, I don't know why they don't create an "eBay fund" and just offer to hold the money in credit and earn even more - for me, my sales just end up being used to buy stuff I want on eBay anyway...

14 minutes ago, Tnexus said:

I don't think people realize that Paypal isn't technically instant. They just front you the money while it clears. Heck, depositing a check at a bank still takes a day or two to clear.

Yes and they have your credit card on file as a back up so that you can have instant access to the money. No reason why eBay can’t do that as well - no?

55 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

You are correct they are accruing interest on our money. There is no way they can deny this.

2 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I recently sold a couple Nintendo DS games for $150 per. Absolutely insane. I'm going to visit my parents in a few weeks and I'm going to clear out all of my old Gamecube and N64 games. It looks like I can ever sell all the beanie babies I bought as a kid right now lol 

And yes I'm with you it's difficult to find a buyer for this junk otherwise

Those jerks over at Key Collector put some heat on the Ultimate Fallout #4 La Mole foil edition earlier today. Every raw copy on Ebay sold today. I was just looking at them yesterday because I've been quietly putting together a set of my favorite la mole foil reprints related to Spider-Man :gossip:. Already picked up the #101 and Annual #21 reprints but it looks like I'll have to hurry if I want to grab the others I'm looking for now that Key Collector is starting to point people towards these...

image.thumb.png.ad0a08093464e0fc0ed126ade6649d89.png

Note the date. These guys that put out the pro spec list on Key Collector clearly have an audience of BUYERS because a couple of the books they put out catch heat every single week...

Edited by BoogieWoogie

7 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I recently sold a couple Nintendo DS games for $150 per. Absolutely insane. I'm going to visit my parents in a few weeks and I'm going to clear out all of my old Gamecube and N64 games. It looks like I can ever sell all the beanie babies I bought as a kid right now lol 

And yes I'm with you it's difficult to find a buyer for this junk otherwise

Those jerks over at Key Collector put some heat on the Ultimate Fallout #4 La Mole foil edition earlier today. Every raw copy on Ebay sold today. I was just looking at them yesterday because I've been quietly putting together a set of my favorite la mole foil reprints related to Spider-Man :gossip:. Already picked up the #101 and Annual #21 reprints but it looks like I'll have to hurry if I want to grab the others I'm looking for now that Key Collector is starting to point people towards these...

image.thumb.png.ad0a08093464e0fc0ed126ade6649d89.png

Note the date. These guys that put out the pro spec list on Key Collector clearly have an audience of BUYERS because a couple of the books they put out catch heat every single week...

U shouldn't be surprised it happens with every spec site sooner it later. Honestly at this point I think it's impossible to prevent.

Foreign variants have started to bring good money but the market is very slim for these and I would argue there is alot of artificial demand created.

Edited by fastballspecial

7 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

U shouldn't be surprised it happens with every spec site sooner it later. Honestly at this point I think it's impossible to prevent.

Foreign variants have started to bring good money but the market is very slim for these and I would argue there is alot of artificial demand created.

I just think the foil covers look rad. I did buy two copies of the La Mole ASM #101 reprint but that just to sub and try for a 9.8. No other plans to resell these and I just want 1 of the UF4 reprint. All for the PC.

I hope you're right about the buzz around foreign editions fading because I do want to collect those Gwen Lives original stories from the Mexican Spider-Man series...

Just now, 1Cool said:

Fear Agent TV Show Coming to Amazon From Shazam Director – /Film (slashfilm.com)  I've not heard anything about it since the beginning of the year.

Thanks! As I stopped buying moderns a while ago, this was one of the last titles I enjoyed and have the whole series including the Jack Davis Last Goodbye variant cover. I was bored last night and remembered the title and poked around on eBay. Was surprised at the prices.

10 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

You are correct they are accruing interest on our money. There is no way they can deny this.

They actually have denied it and made it a point to point it out in an email when they started forcing people to switch to managed payments. 

1150D352-7DE6-498A-B1F3-6DB41019A5FB.jpeg

Edited by Corona smith

7 hours ago, littledoom said:

Interview With The Vampire 1's have been selling with AMC adaptation news

This one makes little sense to me.  Lestat's first was elsewhere. Remember too, they are doing Vampire Chronicles including the witches etc.  If Interview is hot maybe grabbing those others cheap is a good move now.