• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,846 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, MrWeen said:

This one makes little sense to me.  Lestat's first was elsewhere. Remember too, they are doing Vampire Chronicles including the witches etc.  If Interview is hot maybe grabbing those others cheap is a good move now.

Considering Innovation published the Vampire Lestat series before Interview with the Vampire, that seems like a good one to look out for.

5 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Considering Innovation published the Vampire Lestat series before Interview with the Vampire, that seems like a good one to look out for.

Interview is the story being adapted, it's not so much a first app that matters

35 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Interview is the story being adapted, it's not so much a first app that matters

I've been thinking about this with Hardcore being optioned. Because typically you want the first appearance, not the story being adapted. The Hardcore story being adapted is rumored to be the later Image series by Diggle.

13 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

The main issue I think most have is that while eBay says they are saving the seller money, they may save you some money but while saving you money, holding everyone’s money for even a few days will earn them tons and tons of money in interest over the long run.

Amazon is the biggest online retailer in North America. The only way to get paid through amazon is through their managed payment system.

Why does no one ever bring up how Amazon is making all of this money while holding onto the funds? Is it because its not a real thing?

10 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I've been thinking about this with Hardcore being optioned. Because typically you want the first appearance, not the story being adapted. The Hardcore story being adapted is rumored to be the later Image series by Diggle.

The later series is based on the first series though, no?

The first series was just a one issue release as part of Image's Top Cow Pilot program where they just released one issue of a series and see how it performs, right?

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:
13 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

The main issue I think most have is that while eBay says they are saving the seller money, they may save you some money but while saving you money, holding everyone’s money for even a few days will earn them tons and tons of money in interest over the long run.

You are correct they are accruing interest on our money. There is no way they can deny this.

But there is an easy way that we can all benefit from it..............own eBay shares. It is similar to bank stocks or utilities - buy shares in the ones you personally use and let the dividends pay your bills.

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

They actually have denied it and made it a point to point it out in an email when they started forcing people to switch to managed payments. 

1150D352-7DE6-498A-B1F3-6DB41019A5FB.jpeg

Now tell me if you believe it or not. They didn't really answer the question there only part of 
it concerning weekends.

I am okay with it either way, but all companies accrue interest in different forms.
I am just not naive in thinking that they are not making interest on my money.

1 hour ago, MrWeen said:

This one makes little sense to me.  Lestat's first was elsewhere. Remember too, they are doing Vampire Chronicles including the witches etc.  If Interview is hot maybe grabbing those others cheap is a good move now.

I thought about that as well. Those Rice novels were fantastic when I was in college so much depth to them.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Amazon is the biggest online retailer in North America. The only way to get paid through amazon is through their managed payment system.

Why does no one ever bring up how Amazon is making all of this money while holding onto the funds? Is it because its not a real thing?

Well that and Amazon sucks for buying comics. lol
Its one of my last resorts because they arrive beat to hell or in a 
manilla envelope alot.

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Well that and Amazon sucks for buying comics. lol
Its one of my last resorts because they arrive beat to hell or in a 
manilla envelope alot.

Sure. I'm not really talking about it as a comic book resource and more as a online retailer that also does the managed payment setting. BUT If you purchase comic books from Amazon just don't buy them if they have "Prime shipping". If the seller is doing the shipping and not amazon it usually has a lot more protection. Also the returns on amazon are way easier from a buyers perspective than on ebay.
But again, I'm just curious why no one brings up the "they're making money on my money by making interest" for amazon but think its a valid argument for ebay.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Sure. I'm not really talking about it as a comic book resource and more as a online retailer that also does the managed payment setting. BUT If you purchase comic books from Amazon just don't buy them if they have "Prime shipping". If the seller is doing the shipping and not amazon it usually has a lot more protection. Also the returns on amazon are way easier from a buyers perspective than on ebay.
But again, I'm just curious why no one brings up the "they're making money on my money by making interest" for amazon but think its a valid argument for ebay.

I would think because most sell on ebay and have no experience with Amazon would be my guess.

Yes I know the return system well which is why I don't buy from that format for comics I had to use it 
too much.

28 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Uhhh... they do.

Amazon is pretty terrible to everyone outside of its walls with a few exceptions that help them boost profits. Even though their sellers do just that, they treat them like garbage. They lose shipments - and we're talking shipments that costs 10s of thousands or 100s of thousands of dollars in some cases - their payouts take a long time and they reserve a portion for potential returns... they create AmazonBasics product of anything that does well so they try and undercut their private sellers which is legal...

AFAIK FBA sellers are currently trying to get their contractual terms changed in court so that they can bargain as a collective. People that sell on Amazon complain PLENTY about them. Way more than Ebay. Strange comparison 

1 minute ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Uhhh... they do.

Amazon is pretty terrible to everyone outside of its walls with a few exceptions that help them boost profits. Even though their sellers do just that, they treat them like garbage. They lose shipments - and we're talking shipments that costs 10s of thousands or 100s of thousands of dollars in some cases - their payouts take a long time and they reserve a portion for potential returns... they create AmazonBasics product of anything that does well so they try and undercut their private sellers which is legal...

AFAIK FBA sellers are currently trying to get their contractual terms changed in court so that they can bargain as a collective. People that sell on Amazon complain PLENTY about them. Way more than Ebay. Strange comparison 

I don't believe I was making an argument of the benefits of selling on Amazon over ebay. I was making a comment on amazon collecting interest.

There are people that claim amazon is making money by collecting interest on managed payment funds that they are banking before sending to sellers?

1 minute ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

I don't believe I was making an argument of the benefits of selling on Amazon over ebay. I was making a comment on amazon collecting interest.

There are people that claim amazon is making money by collecting interest on managed payment funds that they are banking before sending to sellers?

lol buddy if you want to be huffy about it fine but you're making an assumption based on... what? Given that Amazon hold people's money for far longer than Ebay does I'd be surprised if no one had ever made that claim.

I don't believe there's a way to prove a negative either but if you want to back that smarmy tone with some actual information and not just a guess based on your ignorance of how Amazon operates I'm all ears...

2 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

lol buddy if you want to be huffy about it fine but you're making an assumption based on... what? Given that Amazon hold people's money for far longer than Ebay does I'd be surprised if no one had ever made that claim.

I don't believe there's a way to prove a negative either but if you want to back that smarmy tone with some actual information and not just a guess based on your ignorance of how Amazon operates I'm all ears...

Huffy?

I'm not sure where you're getting this perceived attitude you're reading. I sell on amazon, way more than I do on ebay, its not ideal but it is what it is. I was simply making a comment on someone suggesting ebay was making this move so they could profit from interest payments. Sorry I triggered you or made you think I was trying to poke at you or whatever.

All the best.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

I would buy both. When options news first hits, buyers quickly buy the very first issue without much consideration. some Stealth 1s sold. Pilot Season 1 has multiple preview apps of those characters. That’s already jumped in price 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Again, not disagreeing with you, I'm only talking about eBay since that is what the discussion was about. I have never sold on Amazon so I'm not qualified to talk about their business practices :foryou:

It's bothersome because eBay is trying to disguise their new system as saving sellers money while at the same time they are really going to be raking in millions. Just be honest about it - we aren't stupid.

Edited by Jordysnordy

5 hours ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Because people whine?