• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Alright y'all it's time for your :news: Future State Wonder Woman #1 update :news:

1st full appearance of Yara Flor, star of Wonder Girl #1 which just debuted in May...

Outside of a few sellers who set BINs under market rate - $129 + shipping, wish I had caught one... - Cover A this book in 9.8 has consistently sold at $200+ at auction, has sold for a high of $250 at auction (May 26, 34 bids). High grade raws of Cover A have been fetching $15-$25 + shipping but the average is closer to that $25. The $15 sales are from people putting up below market BINs.

As some of you know - full disclosure - I picked up a bunch of copies of cover B when it was still up on TFAW for $4 per. Hopefully y'all did too I posted the link on here. That one is going for $10-$15 + shipping raw and 9.8's are around $80-$110 + shipping right now. One sold today for $110 + shipping.

Let me say again that I have a bunch of copies of this book so I'm probably biased but... I think this book has a lot of room and I think DC has big, big plans for this character. Could be wrong but let's review what we know so far.

Yara WAS slated to get a show on CW. So even before the release whatever was planned for Yara had DC/Warner Brothers confident enough to invest in a bigger push for her. That show was canceled so that plan ended up being changed but I have reason to believe that Yara is still slotted to be a big player for DC in the near term and potentially the long term if she catches on.

Why do I believe she is going to be given every opportunity to do just that? Joelle Jones did an AMA about Yara Flor and the Wonder Girl series before #1 dropped. She mentions that there are plans at DC for the "Wonderfam" and also mentions coordinating with Cloonan who is on WW right now. She also says that she and DC have big plans for Yara and that she will be integrated into the larger WW mythos. Again, I'm biased but it seems like DC is putting a lot into establishing a foundation for this character...

This book also appeared on the CBSI top 10 this week at #8, so that probably put a couple more eyeballs on it. There's an auction up for a 9.8 that ends Sunday morning... Will it reach $250? Will it exceed $250? There's a BIN at $250 OBO that is getting views and has 7 watchers... will this book keep going up as Wonder Girl issues drop? Issue #2 drops in about 10 days and I THINK it will be her origin story but not sure. Joelle Jones also mentioned in her AMA that her time on Wonder Girl will be all about establishing new villains so if you're a believer you might want to grab a few copies of a few of the early Wonder Girl issues as well... 

image.thumb.png.c9bcaa9ba52bf717ae5e8a1e026c1f62.png

I'm biased but IMO a book to watch for sure...

Edited by BoogieWoogie

4 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Alright y'all it's time for your :news: Future State Wonder Woman #1 update :news:

Outside of a few sellers who set BINs under market rate - $129 + shipping, wish I had caught one... - Cover A this book in 9.8 has consistently sold at $200+ at auction, has sold for a high of $250 at auction (May 26, 34 bids). High grade raws of Cover A have been fetching $15-$25 + shipping but the average is closer to that $25. The $15 sales are from people putting up below market BINs.

As some of you know - full disclosure - I picked up a bunch of copies of cover B when it was still up on TFAW for $4 per. Hopefully y'all did too I posted the link on here. That one is going for $10-$15 + shipping raw and 9.8's are around $80-$110 + shipping right now. One sold today for $110 + shipping.

Let me say again that I have a bunch of copies of this book so I'm probably biased but... I think this book has a lot of room and I think DC has big, big plans for this character. Could be wrong but let's review what we know so far.

Yara WAS slated to get a show on CW. So even before the release whatever was planned for Yara had DC/Warner Brothers confident enough to invest in a bigger push for her. That show was canceled so that plan ended up being changed but I have reason to believe that Yara is going to be a big player for DC in the near term and potentially the long term if she catches on.

Why do I believe she is going to be given every opportunity to do just that? She did an AMA about Yara Flor and the Wonder Girl series before #1 dropped. She mentions that there are plans at DC for the "Wonderfam" and also mentions coordinating with Cloonan who is on WW right now. She also says that she and DC have big plans for Yara and that she will be integrated into the larger WW mythos. Again, I'm biased but it seems like DC is putting a lot into establishing a foundation for this character...

This book also appeared on the CBSI top 10 this week at #8, so that probably put a couple more eyeballs on it. There's an auction up for a 9.8 that ends Sunday morning... Will it reach $250? Will it exceed $250? There's a BIN at $250 OBO that is getting views and has 7 watchers... will this book keep going up as Wonder Girl issues drop? Issue #2 drops in about 10 days and I THINK it will be her origin story but not sure.

image.thumb.png.c9bcaa9ba52bf717ae5e8a1e026c1f62.png

I'm biased but IMO a book to watch for sure...

Now that's what I call researching a potentially a good book to own, not just "because" there are a few high sales. And gives collectors information that they may not know so they can add it to their own assessment. 

I had picked up some copies of cover B as well. Thanks for posting the source!

9 minutes ago, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

Excellent news. Enough people should submit these to cgc that later in the year I can get a 9.8 for $50. 

You might be right. I think Cover A seems to have had production issues, or maybe all the ones delivered to shops around my town did. I grabbed... let's say several copies and I have 5 getting pressed and cleaned and those will all be subbed on a 9.6 prescreen. Then I have a couple more groups of 5 to submit. I'm sure I'm not the only one. And the cardstock Cover B seems to be pretty durable from the copies I've seen out and about so lots of those will grade high if there is durable demand for it.

I think it all depends on whether interest in the character grows or not in that time. I have been very impressed with Joelle's art so far and I enjoyed FSWW 1+2 but the Wonder Girl monthly is a different challenge. #1 was almost a teaser, really wish they'd done a double-sized issue debut, so I'm excited for #2 but whether these drop to $50 in a few months or not depends on how much people like the Wonder Girl series over the next few months. I am not super familiar with Joelle's writing so I don't know what to expect but I like everything so far. We'll see but clearly I've made my bet on my own best guess lol 

16 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

You might be right.

Usually am. Past 3 months have shown me anything can happen. The elite resellers I know didn't get in in this book. The professionals sold theirs already. So doesn't look good, though they aren't always right either. I just seen one sell for $125. As a buyer I am thinking I am not going to pay $250 when one went for half that price. As a seller i am praying cgc gets my copies back asap so I can make a profit. Enough sellers doing this creates a race to the bottom. Story could be fantastic but movies and tv make books valuable. Attention spans are short, always on to the next thing. I am not rooting against you or anything. Just saying you are behind the eight ball and not looking good. I am not buying or selling it so hope it goes up like crazy for you. Sounds like you are new to reselling so have fun. You sound excited energetic and optimistic which is good. 

1 hour ago, kimik said:

In this market where almost any 1st app is $200 in CGC 9.8, why would FS WW 1 drop?

Question is how long will this last?  I’m already seeing signs of things slowing down already with the economy and 1 of my good friends whose pretty wealthy after investments he made in the stock market and crypto world, has been warning me that he is seeing signs of things possibly coming crashing down in terms of the economy.  Unemployment is drying up, prices of goods is going up, and inflation is starting so who knows how long any of these 1st appearances will be able to hold value, in terms of the newer and no name 1st appearance comics.  

6 hours ago, kimik said:

In this market where almost any 1st app is $200 in CGC 9.8, why would FS WW 1 drop?

I have seen some soft sales in the last week mixed in with the new highs which is a mixed signal if you could ever have one but I think it might speak to the volume of buyers being a bit down. I see a lot of very high grade books continuing to push records but those sales don't seem to be dragging up the lower grades like they were a few months back. My GUESS is that some of the lower end buyers are pulling back a bit - this would make sense with some of the eviction and foreclosure moratoriums ending around the country. Given credit behaviors in the US it is probably pretty safe to assume that at least some volume of buyers over the last year were irresponsibly overextending themselves...

Really wonder what the end of the moratoriums and the fallout from that over the next few months will impact the total economy... all these sudden vacancies and foreclosures should slow the rising housing market for a while but for how long?

But, I just started seeing this over the last maybe 10 days. Could be a blip. Could've been the particular books I was following(ASM 194, ASM V3 #4 first Silk, ASM V1 14 first green goblin)... who knows...

Everyone in history has but... we live in interesting times, folks :bigsmile:

7 hours ago, kimik said:

Cancellation of her CW show might also be making buyers nervous and seeing what DC do with her before they decide if they want to take a punt.

On 6/3/2021 at 2:18 PM, manetteska said:

I'm selling everything to buy NFTs of Jerky Boys calls.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

It's a private sale, you have to contact Sol Rosenberg for the details.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:33 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I thought it was Frank Rizzo?  

I'll bring all my shoes and all my glasses.