• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,853 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I only got back into comics last year - worth digging into Saga trades strictly for the read or nah?

Saga is a great story, but its an Adult themed story that really wasn't needed. They could have written 
this story for a much wider audience instead they chose an adult themed book which frankly I thought
was a mistake. 

2 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Same, honestly... I need to check out Invincible on Prime but I don't know if I should read the series first or not hm

At the very least, read the first 12-15 issues of the series before watching the show. There's a reveal about that far in that IMO they got to too quickly in the show. 

5 hours ago, manetteska said:

IMO this is the time to SELL Invincible #1.

I agree. If you can get $10 large for Invincible or any modern book for that matter, I would cash out in a second and look to buy a major SA key like FF1, AF1, or something of the sort. Even a 0.5 of those books is still a better buy than a modern. 

47 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I don’t even want to check eBay prices cause I was one of those guys who immediately dumped God Country 1 A & B cover sets for cheap the week of release. Today GC hired it’s movie director!

I have some 3rd prints i need to dig out

1 hour ago, Lpgk said:

I agree. If you can get $10 large for Invincible or any modern book for that matter, I would cash out in a second and look to buy a major SA key like FF1, AF1, or something of the sort. Even a 0.5 of those books is still a better buy than a modern. 

This is my plan. I’ve got the full run, all 1st prints including 1st issue yellow label signed by Kirkman in a 9.6. I love the series, bought all of them off the rack but they will probably never be more valuable than they are right now...

That said I don’t think the book will ever be “cheap” again, the show will come and go but it was a popular book before the show with an incredibly low print run in the early issues, similar to TWD. The print run makes it quite a bit different than your run of the mill modern that explodes in price IMO. Even comparing to other independents like Saga which someone mentioned, Saga’s print run was almost 4x what Invincible 1’s was. The supply just isn’t going to be there for the price to really tank. 

1 hour ago, Lpgk said:
7 hours ago, manetteska said:

IMO this is the time to SELL Invincible #1.

I'm not saying Invincible, or any modern is worthless, therefore Sell, Sell, Sell.

IMO (again) The Walking Dead (tv show) was a cultural phenomenon, on basic cable, lasted multiple seasons, a spin-off, and the high for a 9.8 was $2500 (note: "was" the key word, before all of this nuttiness, in the TWD heyday. I just looked it up and I guess it's around $3500 now).

Invincible is a cartoon (it may be good and "adult" but many people will be turned off b/c it's animated), on a streaming service, has a single season under its belt, and a 9.8 can fetch multiples of TWD? No brainer. (And I'll say it: JK Simmons voice acting was downright rough at times.)

Though some moderns are looked down upon, they are more of the overall market than SA keys; new issues come out every Wednesday and moderns are more heavily bought/sold than any SA key.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Web of Spider-Man #1 2021 has some nice above cover sales this week.

It's the 1st appearance of Harley Keener... a kid that was in Iron Man 3. Now it's characters from the movies coming to comics that are causing things to heat up lol

And didn't everyone consider Iron Man 3 a dud? I bought 2 copies of cover B because it shows off the Avengers Academy Disney attraction but I'm going to dig em out and get em gone at this point. Mission accomplished :grin: