• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

The rumor re: a new Venom being introduced in 35 has been out there for a bit. My file LCS owner and another LCS owner friend tipped me off a couple or so weeks before FOC that they heard rumors from their industry contacts was a new Venom in #35. I did not order as big as I normally would have due to the cover price and it not having been confirmed by FOC. I should have listened to them. lol 

16 minutes ago, kimik said:

The rumor re: a new Venom being introduced in 35 has been out there for a bit. My file LCS owner and another LCS owner friend tipped me off a couple or so weeks before FOC that they heard rumors from their industry contacts was a new Venom in #35. I did not order as big as I normally would have due to the cover price and it not having been confirmed by FOC. I should have listened to them. lol 

I'll post some here slabbed for sale when they come back... maybe early 2022? lol

3 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

I'll post some here slabbed for sale when they come back... maybe early 2022? lol

What is the over/under on the number of new Venoms between now and then?

1 hour ago, kimik said:

Everyone knew a new Venom was in the book. No one knew Dylan was the new Venom until this weekend. A new Venom is a fart in the wind. Dylan becoming the new Venom is why it’s in any way relevant as everyone thought Dylan was done considering Knull stripped him of his powers. Hence why Venom 7 and 9 prices plummeted. They will go up again now tho.

37 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

Everyone knew a new Venom was in the book. No one knew Dylan was the new Venom until this weekend. A new Venom is a fart in the wind. Dylan becoming the new Venom is why it’s in any way relevant as everyone thought Dylan was done considering Knull stripped him of his powers. Hence why Venom 7 and 9 prices plummeted. They will go up again now tho.

The Gleason variant should do well

14 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

I think the Gleason cover is the nicest of the bunch.  Anyone have a pic of Dylan as venom?

It's not quite Wednesday so would be hard to find. I'm sure there are some who've peeked lol

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
22 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

I think the Gleason cover is the nicest of the bunch.  Anyone have a pic of Dylan as venom?

It's not quite Wednesday so would be hard to find. I'm sure there are some who've peeked lol

If this is it. It looks pretty lame. I’ll be surprised if this issue takes off in any variant but to each their own. 

Spoiler

739BE073-4FC8-453D-913A-03AECEA70993.jpeg.ba2241133ba032b7e9d495b2f99bbddd.jpeg

Trying to get a unsigned copy on Campbell site is not in my wheelhouse so meh

But there is this...

2 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:
11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
26 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

If this is it. It looks pretty lame. I’ll be surprised if this issue takes off in any variant but to each their own. 

Hide contents

739BE073-4FC8-453D-913A-03AECEA70993.jpeg.ba2241133ba032b7e9d495b2f99bbddd.jpeg

Oh and thanks for the sneak peek

Screenshot_20210615-175600_Email.jpg

36 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh sh*t.  Sorry. I thought this was out last Wednesday and that is how people saw the new venom costume.  

Just now, rckstr1253 said:

Oh sh*t.  Sorry. I thought this was out last Wednesday and that is how people saw the new venom costume.  

Oh no worries with DC being out most places on Tuesday today lol

I too made the same whoops moment earlier today hahah

Happy to pay it forward! We all get so excited that it can be hard to keep track

No Worries!

I didn't go crazy but ordered 4 covers I liked before FOC at like $7 each (Gleason, Garcin, Bianchi and Bagley). I did find a Crain trade cover at what I guess was "retail" ($30) a while back, so I pulled the trigger on that too since it seemed to be popular. The virgin was sold out where I found the trade, but it was the only place I found the trade still in stock anyway.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

5 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

What’s the better one to buy to speculate on?

I'd say Gleason, Garcin, Bianchi and Bagley. Maybe the Crain trade.

:baiting:

11 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Probably none of them, but Cover A usually sees the most love for any book that gets hot. I guess the highest incentive would do well if this book heats up, but I'm thinking you'll have to wait years for that to happen. 

The 1:100 is already down to 84.99 and one has sold for 64.99 today. A far cry from the $175 that was mentioned earlier. 

Speculating on this book seems like a fool's errand, but I'm happy to be wrong. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

8 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

Go ratio or don’t go at all. Too many exclusive variants and giant print run for anything but the 1:50 1:100 1:500 to hold value. I bought two of the 1:100 for under ratio myself.

books selling. 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=venom+35+1%3A&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

8 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Probably none of them, but Cover A usually sees the most love for any book that gets hot. I guess the highest incentive would do well if this book heats up, but I'm thinking you'll have to wait years for that to happen. 

The 1:100 is already down to 84.99 and one has sold for 64.99 today. A far cry from the $175 that was mentioned earlier. 

Speculating on this book seems like a fool's errand, but I'm happy to be wrong. 

Fools errand if and only if you truly don’t believe Dylan will be Venom in the comics and regularly sooner than later. If and when Knull comes back especially, Dylan as Venom will go hand in hand. Honestly this is one of the more common sense spec books of recent memory. Ratio buy and hold is worth it. People don’t even realize Dylan becomes Venom yet because it hasn’t been widely reported publicly yet. But it’s already driving Venom 7 and 9 sales left and right:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=first+appearance+dylan+brock&_trksid=p2334524.m4084.l1313&_odkw=first+appearance+dylan+brock&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Book will get in people’s hands today so I predict you’ll see more movement and price hikes after today

Edited by RJ MacReady