• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Are we really arguing that a 2021 book driving up prices on a book from a couple years ago, on a series that largely took off complete based on the creative team who is now on their last issue is a good long term investment? And all because we have yet another symbiote running around? As if we’ve not had a million symbiotes in the past? 

Not to mention I’ve seen Venom 9 on at least one of these bigger YouTube channels hot book lists (which I typically watch to find out which books I should sell, not buy) as well as sites like BleedingCool. This is absolutely not the time to buy on this book. 

All that said, if you believe in it, go for it but common sense says this is a stay away right now.

Venom 9 has been a hot book since the beginning of time. It’s only dropped in price as much as it did because of what Cates did to Dylan. Watching Top 10 lists on yt or reading Bleeding cool, it’s just always far too late. Definitely wouldn’t depend on those sites, channels to buy or sell. Just my opinion tho if it works for you then all power.

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

OK....it's always good to clarify things.  

Ya with how much the prices on the Knull books dropped id just sit tight and hope a few years from now he comes back bigger and better, and with a better writer tackling him. The time to sell those was prior or literally right after KiB5.

Edited by RJ MacReady

9 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

Venom 9 has been a hot book since the beginning of time. It’s only dropped in price as much as it did because of what Cates did to Dylan. Watching Top 10 lists on yt or reading Bleeding cool, it’s just always far too late. Definitely wouldn’t depend on those sites, channels to buy or sell. Just my opinion tho if it works for you then all power.

You're the same guy that said Robin King from Dark Knight Death Metal Legends was the next big thing...

Pass.

12 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

Right, so in your mind either don’t get a ratio #35 or wait until Dylan as Venom is actually a consistent character. Or get it now and hold to list when that innevitably happens. Do you actually believe Dylan as Venom isn’t going to happen after this issue? That’s your bet?

In my mind I’ve seen 30 years of Marvel trying to create solo books for Venom that never came anywhere near the success level of Cates run. So, in my mind I’m not betting on Venom long term with Cates leaving the book. Not to mention we’re in the cycle leading up to a Venom 2 movie. There’s really all the red flags that this is a bad time to be buying in on Venom “keys” especially ones that came out in the last 5 years. If you got the books at cover great, you can afford to gamble if you believe in it but buying at the inflated prices of today seems like bad advice.

2 hours ago, RJ MacReady said:

1. Just to be clear the “beginning of time” in this case is 2018. Seems a little dramatic to use that phrase but to each his own.

2. I watch those sites and channels and check threads like this one precisely because it is “too late” to buy. The alternative to being too late to buy is being just in time to sell. You do understand that right? Being too late to do either seems like a very confusing state to be in. If you’re too late to buy because the book already landed on everyone’s radar one way or another and it shot up in price drastically you’re definitely not too late to sell, this is what you want as a seller. Unless you like to buy at the bottom and sell at the bottom. In that case then yeah, when a book takes off in price you’d be too late to buy and sell. 

3 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

You're the same guy that said Robin King from Dark Knight Death Metal Legends was the next big thing...

Pass.

It's funny how he thinks he has any credibility here. (I probably didn't actually need to use that last word. Oh, well.)

6 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=venom+%2335+1%3A100&_fsrp=1&_sacat=0&_sop=16

and the price hiking begins. 

hey if you use top ten videos to determine what to sell, that’s your prerogative pal!

Says the guy using asking prices to prove... what, exactly?

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:
13 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=venom+%2335+1%3A100&_fsrp=1&_sacat=0&_sop=16

and the price hiking begins. 

hey if you use top ten videos to determine what to sell, that’s your prerogative pal!

Says the guy using asking prices to prove... what, exactly?

Sorting a different way shows a different story

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=venom+%2335+1%3A100&_fsrp=1&_sacat=0&campid=5338116315&customid=CGCForum&toolid=10001&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&_sop=15&rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

1 hour ago, sleeper13 said:

I find it mildly amusing how a relative newbie is explaining buying comics to some long time forum members :whistle::facepalm:

On a separate note I hear the forthcoming Black Widow 8 has a first appearance and we should all buy that :bigsmile: (sorry running joke from another board)

Well if it’s in a top ten video or if bleeding cool reports on it……………………

1 hour ago, siro123 said:

So many people buying comics who have no idea what they are doing.

True Believers X-men 129 fleabay

The biggest problem in my experience is that people don't want to read.  I post books saying 2nd print in the title and the body of the listing for example;not to mention the UPC showing 2nd print, and 2nd printing written somewhere on the cover maybe.  Then someone comes along and asks me in a message whether or not the book is a 1st print.....WTF!?!  If someone doesn't know that the book is a reprint by looking at the huge True Believers written on the top, the modern day UPC in the left corner, the brand new looking paper and materials etc., the cover price itself AND the fact that the CGC label denotes the year printed, and that it reprints X-Men #129 then I have no remorse for the buyer.  Somehow the seller is supposed to read the listing for them and then telepathically give them the info...sorry folks that is only in the comics we love and read.  These same people must need someone to tell them to wipe their arse after they take a dump, too!

:sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo::sumo: