• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Man people really are jumping on dark reign young avengers now too?   Yea it has a young Loki on the team, but marvel could have him joining the original young avengers team, or even create a team not seen in the comics.  Why jump the gun over one episode?  If anything, you should get the 1st app of kid Loki in my opinion.  I own neither, but still if I was a betting man I’d go with that book first. 

1 hour ago, wiparker824 said:

“Start of pandemic you could get a 9.8 for $1500, now it’s testing 4k.”

That was my original comment you responded to, I thought it was clear when I said start of the pandemic…

start of the pandemic was february, i'd be curious what the sales were then before folks thought the end of the world was near and we were joking about it with elbow bumps the march prices reflected some terror (every comic was off in march i would think), the thing about auctions (dunno what kind of sales these were), throw in one more legit bidder and who knows where the price would be? if you were also involved in any auction it likely would have sold for more than the price you see BINs are another issue.

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

Punisher War Journal 6 has some nice high sales for a dollar book. 

yeah, i always thought it was an ugly cover, #7 was the more desired one for a wile, but maybe a lot more printed, dunno

11 minutes ago, the blob said:

start of the pandemic was february, i'd be curious what the sales were then before folks thought the end of the world was near and we were joking about it with elbow bumps the march prices reflected some terror (every comic was off in march i would think), the thing about auctions (dunno what kind of sales these were), throw in one more legit bidder and who knows where the price would be? if you were also involved in any auction it likely would have sold for more than the price you see BINs are another issue.

Not interested in arguing semantics on start of the pandemic was merely talking about where it bottomed out. For what it’s worth there’s no data that I see from Feb, last 9.8 before 3/20 is from end of Nov in 2019 and it sold for $1560 which is in line with the prices I listed from March… not sure what we’re really talking about at this point. 

1 hour ago, rckstr1253 said:

Man people really are jumping on dark reign young avengers now too?   Yea it has a young Loki on the team, but marvel could have him joining the original young avengers team, or even create a team not seen in the comics.  Why jump the gun over one episode?  If anything, you should get the 1st app of kid Loki in my opinion.  I own neither, but still if I was a betting man I’d go with that book first. 

Swiiing...and a miss.

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Swiiing...and a miss.

How so?   There is no guarantee the dark reign young avengers will be in the mcu.   It could be any team with kid Loki or a alternate Loki in his teens or what not, on any assembled team they choose to use.  

43 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

How so?   There is no guarantee the dark reign young avengers will be in the mcu.   It could be any team with kid Loki or a alternate Loki in his teens or what not, on any assembled team they choose to use.  

It's Sylvie the Enchantress. Young Avengers dark reign #1 is her first appearance. In a spanish speaking country she was named in the credits seen above. Honestly with this new leak/revelation, I have no idea how thor #5 or annual 18 isn't treading water. 

38 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

It's Sylvie the Enchantress. Young Avengers dark reign #1 is her first appearance. In a spanish speaking country she was named in the credits seen above. Honestly with this new leak/revelation, I have no idea how thor #5 or annual 18 isn't treading water. 

Ahhhh I guess I missed that.  

5 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

I have both so I win either way, but I think Thor 5 still has value. We definitely know there's tons of Loki variants out there. Even if this variant is not "Female Loki", there's no reason we won't see one in the future. I mean at some point Hiddleston is going to step away from the role. Seems like a likely recasting choice down the road if/when that happens.

Dont forget Star Wars cast a "Mara" to throw people off the trail. No reason Sylvie can't be either.

Edited by Tnexus

9 hours ago, Tnexus said:

I have both so I win either way, but I think Thor 5 still has value. We definitely know there's tons of Loki variants out there. Even if this variant is not "Female Loki", there's no reason we won't see one in the future. I mean at some point Hiddleston is going to step away from the role. Seems like a likely recasting choice down the road if/when that happens.

Dont forget Star Wars cast a "Mara" to throw people off the trail. No reason Sylvie can't be either.

So are they saying this variant is just Enchantress and not Enchantress Loki? Because if she is still Loki, bear with me, ergo Lady Loki.

28 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

So are they saying this variant is just Enchantress and not Enchantress Loki? Because if she is still Loki, bear with me, ergo Lady Loki.

If I recall Sylvie was made by Loki, so sort of? I assume we will know in a week or two which way they are going with it.