• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Sometimes I think people just don't care.  They enjoy throwing money into the trash.  It's an addiction. 

It’s fine if you got the money to blow and you want to do it, only a problem when you’re choosing a Web of Spider-Man 1 variant over eating this month. But I honestly feel most people paying these prices for a book like that are closer to the latter rather than the former. Hope I’m wrong, for their sake…

On 6/12/2021 at 7:28 PM, AJLewandoski said:

Well they say She Hulk is going to be a courtroom procedural maybe the Hulk is going to have to get an alien paternity test and pay some back child support? lol The show may suffer from a few too many Jade giants if they do add him in. Abomination, Hulk, She Hulk, Skaar, and whatever other gamma irradiated family/friends show up. 

I saw the sold ebay prices and had a happy chuckle! I didn't know anything about the "rumor"

A few years ago my little boy LOVED Skaar on Hulk and Agents of SMASH..So being a comic book collecting goofball dad, i was buying the raw high gradeWhat if's up at $5-$15 apiece. I have about 45 of them..😄 and when he doesn't come on the show,its ok..😎

34 minutes ago, bikesnbuses said:

I saw the sold ebay prices and had a happy chuckle! I didn't know anything about the "rumor"

A few years ago my little boy LOVED Skaar on Hulk and Agents of SMASH..So being a comic book collecting goofball dad, i was buying the raw high gradeWhat if's up at $5-$15 apiece. I have about 45 of them..😄 and when he doesn't come on the show,its ok..😎

At those prices you can't go wrong! I doubt he'll actually show up, but if he does you can start your son a nice little college fund (or add to an existing one) (thumbsu 

16 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

At those prices you can't go wrong! I doubt he'll actually show up, but if he does you can start your son a nice little college fund (or add to an existing one) (thumbsu 

ESPECIALLY when I see prices like THIS>>LOOK at those CREASES!! :whatthe: 986867416_Screenshot2021-06-26084520.jpg.b6207526a98d7d07899e75ee6f42878a.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274838495375?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&fbclid=IwAR05IxpL7w9ZGBykx1FCnkkDxKRg-hYHmBKuoPne-C3DZCue1EbEe-phNKE&nma=true&si=G12b%2BwmOkBzkj6CYfdaaPYQh7dQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

11 minutes ago, bikesnbuses said:

Looks normal to me.  I would just press it to a 9.9

6 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Is the 'What If Planet Hulk 1' the first partial OR full appearance of Skaar? If the former, then that would make World War Hulk 5 his first full appearance?

Well its a What If? so it's not in continuity of the main marvel universe, and he doesn't make a great appearance he's mostly in shadows the whole time, and he isn't named he's just alongside his mother so do with that what you will. The market decides what the right book is, god only knows what factors decide it. There are so many dubious "first appearances" be they actually seconds like Wolverine or Apocalypse or a first who's more of a concept like we have here with Skaar or Gwenpool whose initial cover app is not the actual new character. 

4 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Well its a What If? so it's not in continuity of the main marvel universe, and he doesn't make a great appearance he's mostly in shadows the whole time, and he isn't named he's just alongside his mother so do with that what you will. The market decides what the right book is, god only knows what factors decide it. There are so many dubious "first appearances" be they actually seconds like Wolverine or Apocalypse or a first who's more of a concept like we have here with Skaar or Gwenpool whose initial cover app is not the actual new character. 

Is there something between the What If PH1 and the WWH5 that would override the latter as his 1st app? I think both came out in December ...

10 minutes ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Is there something between the What If PH1 and the WWH5 that would override the latter as his 1st app? I think both came out in December ...

I DO agree about the WWH 5 is the real 1st appearance. I SWEAR when I first started buying them that the CGC label stated that What If was "1st appearnce of Skaar"(The REASON I started buying them)

BUT I saw last year that WWH5 said that ,so I switched (I only have ,like 10 of them..:(:bigsmile:

Edited by bikesnbuses

3 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

What if PH 1 was December 07 World War Hulk 5 was Jan 08 so it's a 1 month difference obviously I don't represent the market but that seems like an intentional teaser leading into the main story 

I still don’t get why people are speculating on skaar when he probably won’t be introduced for a few years if ever.   It’s just insane that people are speculating on 2nd tier characters when marvel still has plenty of 1st tier characters to introduce in order to get to the other characters.  And this will probably take years to get to.  In the year till that happens, don’t people realize if we go into a recession, most of those books will be up for sale flooding the market and be easier to get at a cheaper price while waiting for the character to eventually appear in a movie or show?

1 hour ago, rckstr1253 said:

I still don’t get why people are speculating on skaar when he probably won’t be introduced for a few years if ever.   It’s just insane that people are speculating on 2nd tier characters when marvel still has plenty of 1st tier characters to introduce in order to get to the other characters.  And this will probably take years to get to.  In the year till that happens, don’t people realize if we go into a recession, most of those books will be up for sale flooding the market and be easier to get at a cheaper price while waiting for the character to eventually appear in a movie or show?

WWH5 for me, first continuity appearance, I've been buying the variant cover for years. What if PH gets the bigger bucks because it had a smaller print run... I think that is the only real appeal there.

Also, we had a massive worldwide pandemic recession and collectibles have sky rocketed so the old economic rules are on the out until further notice.:nyah:

3 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

Part of that is many are priced out of 1st appearance of said 1st tier characters but can afford a 1st of Skaar. I’m sure most would prefer an X-Men 1 or FF 1 if they could get it for the prince of What if Planet Hulk. I don’t recommend it for the reasons you mentioned, probably won’t be introduced for awhile if ever.

5 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

Many people can’t even budget out months in advance. I doubt most people buying these books are worried about a recession that may or may not happen and whether it would even have an impact on the collectibles market. 

People buy what they like. If they are going to pay a premium for stuff I’ve got stacks of laying around then I’m happy to assist. 

With that said, I do have an issue with the hucksters who make their followers, and noobs, think some random book, they have a ton of, is going to go to the moon in order to offload said book at a premium. However, I’m not altruistic enough to not list my issue of Pump and Dump #1 if people are paying up for it. If anyone else is, congrats, you’re a better person than me. 
EF63C968-0FB8-432A-AC1A-4D550D8F3C4C.gif.31bb17c27d6a9f61cfea469eee14f155.gif

Edited by awakeintheashes

If you are interested, the ASM 55 Third Printing is seeing good graded price increases. I initially ordered 50 awhile back and recently added more because they are still available raw fairly cheap. Here is one site you can find them and there may be other sites to buy from as well:

10/03/2021 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #55 3RD PRINT GLEASON VARIANT – SAD LEMON COMICS

Recent ebay sold 9.8's and CGC graded:

amazing spiderman 55 third print cgc in Collectible Comics | eBay

Of course with TATS its impossible to state whether the current trend upward will hold. However, if you already have some copies this may be of interest to you.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

20 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

If you are interested, the ASM 55 Third Printing is seeing good graded price increases. I initially ordered 50 awhile back and recently added more because they are still available raw fairly cheap. Here is one site you can find them and there may be other sites to buy from as well:

10/03/2021 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #55 3RD PRINT GLEASON VARIANT – SAD LEMON COMICS

Recent ebay sold 9.8's and CGC graded:

amazing spiderman 55 third print cgc in Collectible Comics | eBay

Of course with TATS its impossible to state whether the current trend upward will hold. However, if you already have some copies this may be of interest to you.

Nice. I liked that color combo the best and figured it would do well long term. It is surprising to see it selling for more in 9.8 than the first print. 

3 minutes ago, kimik said:

Nice. I liked that color combo the best and figured it would do well long term. It is surprising to see it selling for more in 9.8 than the first print. 

Agreed! I'm also surprised to see some are still available raw...but once this gets figured out then prices will no doubt go higher if the trend continues.

I have 7 that are at CGC but still not marked as received so for transparency sake I'm looking at three to four months before they are graded if lucky...:)

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

Just now, CHASEnBLUE said:

Agreed! I'm also surprised to see some are still available raw...but once this gets figured out then prices will no doubt go higher if the trend continues.

I have 7 that are at CGC but still not marked as received so for transparency sake I'm looking at three to four months before they are complete if lucky...:)

I hope the market holds and continues to go up then. I have 50 tucked away some place and I should send some in I guess. I figured it would need more time to have some sort of value.

Just now, kimik said:

I hope the market holds and continues to go up then. I have 50 tucked away some place and I should send some in I guess. I figured it would need more time to have some sort of value.

(thumbsu