• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Several of the last issues have shown sales $15 to 20 now. 144 didn't explode till the series I was buying them for cover and under 

I just bought a collection that had a bunch of Invincible. No Invincible keys, but just selling those copies will allow me to break even or even a small profit. Definitely helps maximize the profit on the real gems in that collection  

The same thing happened with WD back when any copy was selling $5-$10 each. 

16 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Well I can finally say I am seeing the slow down most of talked about.

I forget when it happened last month, but my sales just hit a screeching halt. Definitely good to have a breather and allows for time to catch up on record keeping, and most importantly, buying/restocking. 

Things have started to pick back up this past week. And, yes, while it’s Copper, Sandman is going to be a monster to watch.  I sold a copy of #8 for way more than I ever thought I would last week. News keeps dripping out and keeping interest piqued.  Keep any eye out for the title when digging through boxes or yard sales. 

Also, I cannot stress enough the importance of relationship building

Edited by awakeintheashes

My sales this week were literally nill.  I have not sold anything all week.  Past few weeks have slowed down for me big time and I'm assuming that having conventions this year as opposed to almost none last year is the main culprit.

1 minute ago, gradejunky said:

My sales this week were literally nill.  I have not sold anything all week.  Past few weeks have slowed down for me big time and I'm assuming that having conventions this year as opposed to almost none last year is the main culprit.

I think it’s that, and the fairweather collector, that rediscovered comics over that last year, now has other things competing for their attention. 

Nice to see Sandman take off. I guess I should decide now whether to submit the double signed copy of #1 (Gaiman and McKean) I landed a few years back or not.

I chose a different path with Sandman. I sold my 1s early on for a decent profit. I just sold a VG 8# for $60 last month. Some guy asked me
to take a picture of the interior front page which made me laugh. 

I bought a ton of Essentials Sandman 1 4 and 8 for nothing and I bought a ton of Sandman 75 cheap after what I saw happen
with Preacher. Will see how it plays out, but I should get a decent return since I paid no more then $1 each for most of them.

5 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:
22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Well I can finally say I am seeing the slow down most of talked about.

I forget when it happened last month, but my sales just hit a screeching halt. Definitely good to have a breather and allows for time to catch up on record keeping, and most importantly, buying/restocking. 

Things have started to pick back up this past week. And, yes, while it’s Copper, Sandman is going to be a monster to watch.  I sold a copy of #8 for way more than I ever thought I would last week. News keeps dripping out and keeping interest piqued.  Keep any eye out for the title when digging through boxes or yard sales. 

Also, I cannot stress enough the importance of relationship building

I am the same I sold a bunch one day then nothing for a few days then a few this weekend. I am enjoying the break right before I go on vacation.
When I come back I will start my annual sales thread here so this time I will close down my ebay store or put it on vacation to make it easier on me.
Less interuptions.

13 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I chose a different path with Sandman. I sold my 1s early on for a decent profit. I just sold a VG 8# for $60 last month. Some guy asked me
to take a picture of the interior front page which made me laugh. 

I bought a ton of Essentials Sandman 1 4 and 8 for nothing and I bought a ton of Sandman 75 cheap after what I saw happen
with Preacher. Will see how it plays out, but I should get a decent return since I paid no more then $1 each for most of them.

Sandman is one of the titles I keep in archival boxes - have never considered breaking up the run until . . . hm Of course, I've sold dupes here and there, but.

3 hours ago, littledoom said:
4 hours ago, divad said:

Sandman is one of the titles I keep in archival boxes - have never considered breaking up the run until . . . hm Of course, I've sold dupes here and there, but.

This is not the time to be selling Sandman

Tough call to make. Set of 1-75 just sold for $1500.00 thats double a price from two weeks ago.
and a 9.8 have sold between $14-1600.00 last few weeks. Covid money has dried up so the 
next few months should be really interesting to see if new highs continue.

39 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Tough call to make. Set of 1-75 just sold for $1500.00 thats double a price from two weeks ago.
and a 9.8 have sold between $14-1600.00 last few weeks. Covid money has dried up so the 

That set was neatsuff. Thouse auctions always go a little higher as they have a great reputation.  (thumbsu

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I think the bull market will slow down or end on most books, but those with clear near term catalysts aren't done ticking up. Sandman was undervalued for years, so I don't think we've seen the top there yet. 

Everybody who has their mitts on one is holding on to their #8 variants, but I'd love to see what one would bring in an open auction format. I believe it's been almost a year since one sold on GPA

Edited by Legion of Goom

3 hours ago, Legion of Goom said:

I think the bull market will slow down or end on most books, but those with clear near term catalysts aren't done ticking up. Sandman was undervalued for years, so I don't think we've seen the top there yet. 

Everybody who has their mitts on one is holding on to their #8 variants, but I'd love to see what one would bring in an open auction format. I believe it's been almost a year since one sold on GPA

The way the 8 variant was distributed makes it very unlikely anyone has randomly found out their copy was one. I'd think most of the people with the variant are holding because they can't replace it if they sold it

Edited by PeterPark

15 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

The way the 8 variant was distributed makes it very unlikely anyone has randomly found out there copy was one. I'd think most of the people with the variant are holding because they can't replace it if they sold it

I think you're spot on. That's been my experience when I've come across those with a copy that I've inquired about.

13 hours ago, divad said:

Ok, let me know when. :foryou:

Probably after the show debuts.. look at Invincible and the Boys prices.... sell your copies of Cloak and Dagger, Inhumans, Runaways, Jupiters Legacy when those shows hit... when there is a longstanding cult following for already desirable series hold those until after the show debuts... the creators of those were great and wont let their properties fail

15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

It doesn't take covid to make those series great.. in other words when there is no covid buyers will still pay up in the future