• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Interesting to see that ASM 93 is now starting to pop a bit on eBay. I thought that was telegraphed pretty hard by the Gleason cover? Then again, Goblin Queen was as well and I know stores here that somehow missed going bigger than a few extra shelf copies on it.

On 3/28/2022 at 7:55 PM, Troy Division said:

Whilst I am fully aware this book has been on fire for some time, I wonder if GPAnalysis can pivot to monitor auctions via social media apps.

https://comicbookinvest.com/2022/03/28/new-record-price-ultimate-fallout-4-djurdjevic-variant-cgc-9-8-sold-on-whatnot/

Depends I guess if they consider it solid. I've seen this posted everywhere. How long has this app been used?  Multiple sales will get their attention. I understand the book we are discussing here but GPA tends strict and conservative for a reason 

On 3/28/2022 at 5:55 PM, Troy Division said:

Whilst I am fully aware this book has been on fire for some time, I wonder if GPAnalysis can pivot to monitor auctions via social media apps.

https://comicbookinvest.com/2022/03/28/new-record-price-ultimate-fallout-4-djurdjevic-variant-cgc-9-8-sold-on-whatnot/

Why? :nyah: To further distort reality? :peace:

On 3/29/2022 at 1:40 AM, divad said:

Why? :nyah: To further distort reality? :peace:

My point is that if new media is outpacing legacy media how do WE (everyone buying or selling / tracking for insurance purposes) keep up to date with FMV?

On 3/28/2022 at 9:49 PM, fastballspecial said:

Depends I guess if they consider it solid. I've seen this posted everywhere. How long has this app been used?  Multiple sales will get their attention. I understand the book we are discussing here but GPA tends strict and conservative for a reason 

I am unsure how long the app has been in use.
I've seen it mentioned here and online but I am not a fan of live streaming auctions.
Maybe someone who has used Whatnot can chime in.

I am not a WhatNot user myself but it is used by many, many legitimate dealers. Just like with Shortboxed, these apps are starting to draw a lot of attention and the sales made there are legitimate. 

On 3/29/2022 at 10:30 PM, Wolverinex said:

If you can find a copy of batman Beyond the white Knight tomorrow, get the IA cover.    Selling briskly already on ebay.

Low print run.  New Robin as well. 

BMBTWK_Cv1_00111-900x900.jpeg

I had this series pre-ordered because I enjoyed Sean Murphy's take on Batman.  He did some interesting things.  Looking forward to this one as well.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:33 AM, Troy Division said:

My point is that if new media is outpacing legacy media how do WE (everyone buying or selling / tracking for insurance purposes) keep up to date with FMV?

I am unsure how long the app has been in use.
I've seen it mentioned here and online but I am not a fan of live streaming auctions.
Maybe someone who has used Whatnot can chime in.

I'm sure it's possible, but it's way too easy to fake a sale on Whatnot. I wouldn't personally trust it.

On 3/29/2022 at 10:30 PM, Wolverinex said:

If you can find a copy of batman Beyond the white Knight tomorrow, get the IA cover.    Selling briskly already on ebay.

Low print run.  New Robin as well. 

BMBTWK_Cv1_00111-900x900.jpeg

I am hearing that the cover A was just shortprinted this week, and the remainder of the copies are to ship next week.  Do not pay the ebay price for these.  If you already have copies to sell, I guess more power to you as the lemmings are falling over themselves to get this book it seems.  If the remainder of the ordered copies ship next week or sometime thereafter, well....:tonofbricks:

On 3/30/2022 at 12:38 AM, Tnexus said:

I'm sure it's possible, but it's way too easy to fake a sale on Whatnot. I wouldn't personally trust it.

It was a legit comic store that sold it and they waited till the payment went through just in case. I watched just to see how high it went. 

On 3/30/2022 at 9:48 AM, gradejunky said:

I am hearing that the cover A was just shortprinted this week, and the remainder of the copies are to ship next week.  Do not pay the ebay price for these.  If you already have copies to sell, I guess more power to you as the lemmings are falling over themselves to get this book it seems.  If the remainder of the ordered copies ship next week or sometime thereafter, well....:tonofbricks:

I just checked on Ebay and the sales are steady at $25-$30.  Is this due to FOMO?  Not many people I talk to are into the Batman Murphyverse.  I always thought it was more of a niche Batman.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:58 AM, kimik said:

And the fact that Batman Beyond appears to be the DC poor man's version of Miles Morales. There is demand for BB related 1st apps across all series.

That's true.  A lot of the batman universe may center around Terry and Damian as time goes on