• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

On 5/26/2022 at 9:20 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I finally realized what his art style reminded me of - I really liked Hard Boiled by Frank Miller when I was in college. Here's an example of a page from that. There may be better examples, but this is the least graphic...

560711894_ScreenShot2022-05-26at8_17_25PM.thumb.png.ecfca437e0c909ec00d21f3624736e59.png

Yes..You are right!   Love that series.

I also  love Moebius and Bratukhin's scifi style has similarities... curious to see what this Agent of Wordle is about....

tumblr_o34lsz5V3R1rv33k2o2_1280.jpg

On 5/26/2022 at 8:21 PM, Wolverinex said:

If anyone else is looking, this is still in stock at TFAW if anyone is looking to buy at cover.    It's sold out at midtown and most of ebay except for two overpriced listings.

Batman #124 variant by Filya Bratukhin.   at TFAW is gone now.  I was surprised since it was limited to 1 per person but maybe they didn't have that much in stock... 

Looks like Agents of Worlde isn't available at TFAW now - at least, it won't let me add it. However, Scout Comics' website still has the ashcan available to buy, as well as metal printer's plates which are kind of cool: https://www.scoutcomics.com/collections/chaos-agent

On 5/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I just lucked into these two a couple of hours ago, sitting at cover price on a shelf in a small gaming store that has a few comics:

IMG_5178.thumb.JPG.01b56c730d5806ed5f0ba38d59f1e963.JPG

Are those books hot right now? I spec bought 5 or 10 apiece, and if they are hot now I have to do some box diving this weekend to try to find them. 

On 5/27/2022 at 5:51 PM, kimik said:

Are those books hot right now? I spec bought 5 or 10 apiece, and if they are hot now I have to do some box diving this weekend to try to find them. 

Yes, 11 is - first app of Iron Cat. Like $35+ and hopefully climbing - they've been relatively wiped off of eBay. 10 is doing ok too - there are a lot of signed copies on eBay, so be aware of that. It used to be a $5-10 book, but it seems to be creeping toward $20. It's just a cool Campbell cover.

On 5/27/2022 at 4:56 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Yes, 11 is - first app of Iron Cat. Like $35+ and hopefully climbing - they've been relatively wiped off of eBay. 10 is doing ok too - there are a lot of signed copies on eBay, so be aware of that. It used to be a $5-10 book, but it seems to be creeping toward $20. It's just a cool Campbell cover.

:censored:  Now I have to try to find them. 

On 5/28/2022 at 9:23 AM, eddly said:

I’m seeing it advertised as 1st full black cat as well?

I’m a bit confused.

The beauty of modern Marvels with multiple first apps. Just roll with it and sell all three. 

Black Cat #10 - cool cover

Black Cat #11 - 1st appearance (cameo or full?) of Iron Cat

Black Cat #12 - 1st cover and 1st full? appearance of Iron Cat

Edited by kimik

Looking at all of the "1st" appearances that the market counts now, having Venom, Carnage or Doomsday appear today would have been a speculative gold mine. Multiple cameos before a full first appearance = :flipbait:

Edited by kimik

Years from now will it become common belief that books released in 2020 and 2021 are more rare due to reduced access as a fall out from covid? Are the print runs actually lower?

In reality over this time period it became easier to pre-order books before foc in massive quantities, at least from what became available to me.

Just surprised books like Black Cat 11 and 12 can have value like this already. Perhaps it will settle once the 2nd wave of FOMO passes on these books. Is it the next stray dogs 1? High republic adventures 2?

Edited by eddly

On 5/28/2022 at 2:20 PM, eddly said:

High republic adventures 2?

As long as there are High Republic books and Star Wars movies and shows, this book will stay hot/retain value. We are currently in the Star Wars lull like last year around this time, but should pick back up soon with Obi-Wan, Andor, High Republic books and Mando in the winter. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 5/28/2022 at 5:25 PM, fastballspecial said:

I can't believe those books are selling.

Someone is going to get caught holding the bag on that one.

Iron Cat 1 - It’s not Black Cat in the suit, according to the solicitations.

Spoiler

Rumor Spec - It’s Odessa Drake.

Cheers! 🍻