• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I am surprised at the prices that some of the Frank Cho Harley Quinn Rebirth B covers are fetching now. Is this something new, or have they been selling for a decent premium for a bit now and I just did not notice?

On 5/31/2022 at 2:30 AM, kimik said:

I am surprised at the prices that some of the Frank Cho Harley Quinn Rebirth B covers are fetching now. Is this something new, or have they been selling for a decent premium for a bit now and I just did not notice?

Looks like $3-$7 minus very few outliers. There are about 50 issues, correct?

On 5/31/2022 at 4:15 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Reminds me a bit of Juan Ryp

I didn't know him so I looked him up, then see that he cites Darrow as an influence. So good eye.

Looks like even with the solicitation describing the 1st app., and the character front and center on the cover, that Avengers Forever 6 is popping.  This whole run has several $10+ issues and it is still under the radar it seems?  Sales are $8-15 with asking prices already hitting $25.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Avengers+Forever+6&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5338314175&toolid=10050&customid=1000&rt=nc

On 6/1/2022 at 9:06 AM, Wolverinex said:

Surprised that Harbinger 1 9.8s continue to move up in price while most Moderns have dropped... @valiantman

The magical "30 Years Old" birthday happens this year for Harbinger #1. 

Something similar happened in the last few years for Bone #1, Crow #1, and maybe even Cry For Dawn #1.

On 5/31/2022 at 4:24 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Ryp tends to illustrate books with a lot of violence. First became aware of him when he did Black Summer for Avatar.

Some of his work for Valiant on Britannia, an under-appreciated series about a criminal investigator in Roman Britain:

britannia.webp

On 6/1/2022 at 1:24 PM, gradejunky said:

I remeber seeing Ryp's work back in around '04 when I started collecting again.  He did alot of covers for Avatar books, and even some interiors for Shi amongst others I'm sure. Amazing details in his work no doubt.

shiRyp interior.jpg

beautiful sketch.  Great stuff.  

On 6/1/2022 at 12:24 PM, valiantman said:

The magical "30 Years Old" birthday happens this year for Harbinger #1. 

Something similar happened in the last few years for Bone #1, Crow #1, and maybe even Cry For Dawn #1.

I didn't know there was a 30 year rule in addition to the 25 year rule... Anyway, I just remembered Harbinger 1 9.8 languishing around 600 bucks for the longest time....

On 6/1/2022 at 1:39 PM, Wolverinex said:

Yes but stuff like SIKTC 1 9.8 and Young Avengers 1 9.8  have all dropped.  

Well SIKTC dropped partially because its been a cash grab for months. Printing tons of variants
for several issues that turns fans off. (They apparently dont care.)

Young Avengers is in the dip right now.

On 6/1/2022 at 1:25 PM, Wolverinex said:

I didn't know there was a 30 year rule in addition to the 25 year rule... Anyway, I just remembered Harbinger 1 9.8 languishing around 600 bucks for the longest time....

Honestly, I think the rule is becoming 30, 35, and 40 more often than the old 25 rule.

On 5/27/2022 at 3:18 AM, Wolverinex said:

Yes, I was reading that he draws and inks carefully by hand on paper which is why it takes time.   I do appreciate an artist who is a perfectionist.

Apparently, his newer stuff, he has upgraded to a tablet recently so it's much easier to fix mistakes and allows him  to be faster.  

Nice find, Ryan.  Thank you      Found some previews. Just preordered the first two books.

FTOQtLFX0AEsugh?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FTOQrhFX0AETBtZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Getting a 'Planetary' vibe from the art

On 6/1/2022 at 7:09 PM, Beige said:

Getting a 'Planetary' vibe from the art

Yes,  I agree.   I preordered a copy of it.  You should check out  his art on CAF.   Good stuff.  I'm sure it takes a lot of time for him to draw his stuff though.  

Edited by Wolverinex