• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

See this is what gets me on this book and its why I cant totally invest in it. That and I dont think its as good as 2 of the 3 below. (I usually insert a Branget joke here, but all give him a break.)

Walking Dead, Morning Glories and Chew had 1/3 to 1/2 the print run and had 2nd, 3rd and 4th prints.

This book has a 20k print run and its done by the same guys that did Criminal how is that book doing? Not saying I dont have some copies stashed I just dont see it as a breakaway hit. And yes you can use this against me in a few months if I am wrong. Which the way sales are going might be likely.

I appreciate the break. ;)

See this is what gets me on this book and its why I cant totally invest in it. That and I dont think its as good as 2 of the 3 below. (I usually insert a Branget joke here, but all give him a break.)

Walking Dead, Morning Glories and Chew had 1/3 to 1/2 the print run and had 2nd, 3rd and 4th prints.

This book has a 20k print run and its done by the same guys that did Criminal how is that book doing? Not saying I dont have some copies stashed I just dont see it as a breakaway hit. And yes you can use this against me in a few months if I am wrong. Which the way sales are going might be likely.

you can't compare Fatale to Criminal just because they have the same artist/writer...Fatale has a horror theme and there are tons of horror/cthulhu/lovecraft/poe fans out there...that's a whole different ball game than a straight crime comic.

And to okay devil's advocate...

You can compare...

Criminal did have the same artist/writer and plenty of people love crime theme books/movies/comics.

Not taking anything away from Fatale, I hope it is a huge hit going forward! With some of you backing it (like Branget did with Chew) it is possible it could be a very strong book investment wise.

Very important. (thumbs u

I think it has legs. I've loved all of the brubaker/phillips series, and i'm glad this one finally got some hype. It doesn't have a tiiiny print run, but it's not huge either. Combine that with the two covers (people who have to have both gobbling up the print run) and i think this one will stay hot for a while. The first issue was great. Haven't yet read the second.

I'm suprised that there isn't more interest in Batwoman. I didn't really appreciate it, but I thought that there would be a lot more interest in a Bat title with lesbian lead character. Anyone think this title or 52 7 or 11 will ever heat up?

I'm suprised that there isn't more interest in Batwoman. I didn't really appreciate it, but I thought that there would be a lot more interest in a Bat title with lesbian lead character. Anyone think this title or 52 7 or 11 will ever heat up?

I hope so. :whistle:

Small52WEEK07SS98.jpgSmall52WEEK11SS98.jpg

Batwoman's problem is she isn't relevant. They could have made her origin more interesting but she left the military because of don't ask don't tell. How about having her being harassed and falling in a vat of something that gives her night vision or some type of power. The origin just falls flat for me.

Right now she's not an integral part of the DC mythos, it's almost like she's fighting on earth prime where there's no other super heroes. In Batman's first 6 issues he's been fighting for his very existance, in Batwoman's she's more worried about starting a relationship.

They really need to pump up the volume and give her something that makes her different. Right now she's just an older Batgirl who likes girls. At least Batgirl is interesting because of her miracle recovery.

She needs to be broken or give her a nemesis that will carry through her run, maybe let some Bane like character beat the out of her, let her join a group of other super heroes, guest shot with superman wouldn't hurt. Heck make her Bi instead, at least she could make Batman take notice by flirting with him.

How about trying something new and assume everyone knows what lesbians do in their social lives. Let's draw/write the character where lesbians are just like the rest of the population (which they are) and do things other than just making out and looking for the next partner.

I'm sure you can have a lesbian character in a comic without having to highlight the fact every issue. Batman likes girls, if he were to go out on a date and smooch with a new honey every issue i think people would wonder what the heck was going on and where's the action.

Edited by krighton

Didn't someone mention earlier that Batwoman #0 was doing well?

most of the issues are doing ok on ebay...they're not dead by any means. They're just steady. I'm sure (hope) they have something big planned for her title. down the road. Maybe they'll murder the lady detective she likes and she'll seek revenge causing Batman to intervene.

Didn't someone mention earlier that Batwoman #0 was doing well?

I sold the standard copy for $17 and the 1:10 Variant for $18.

you can't compare Fatale to Criminal just because they have the same artist/writer...Fatale has a horror theme and there are tons of horror/cthulhu/lovecraft/poe fans out there...that's a whole different ball game than a straight crime comic.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised by the speculation in Fatale. Honestly, I've paid a few bucks extra for a couple of 9.8 candidates because I'm a huge fan of the series and want a 9.8 SS. I also want the same thing for Criminal, Gotham Central, Incognito, & Sleeper because I like Brubaker & Phillips. I agree with the logic that Fatale should be similar to Criminal/Gotham Central/Sleeper/Incognito, which don't really carry a premium. It wasn't a limited title. I don't read it and say "wow, that's the best thing that these guys have done."

The one thing that it potentially has going for it is that it could be an ongoing title. Even then, I don't see it. However, if the prices of the other 4 titles start carrying more weight, then maybe I'll jump on the Fatale as an investment property. For me, I'm just a fan and want my 9.8 SS first issue (as I want for Criminal, Gotham Central, Incognito, & Sleeper). I might be the ONLY guy who wants these things (I don't want a 9.8 SS Captain America #1 by Brubaker because I think that capes suck, IMNSHO).

Apologies for the rantrant, but I'm with the skeptics, even though I absolutely love the series and the team.

Me too. Those two together make some of the best comics of the modern era.

Yeah. I've sold 6-7 copies of both covers for $10-$15 of the #0 issue. I've read all of it and the art is great, but the story is a little lackluster. Krighton, you're dead on. She needs something. I think the #0 issue will hold steady for a while, but overall it's gonna take some major hype for the rest of the series to really heat up.

i've come close to buying Peanuts, big fan, not sure why i haven't...i missed the 1st issue and didn't feel like starting at #2 for some reason. I wish it were drawn like the classic original Peanuts when they first came out.

Edited by krighton

Alpha Girl #1 seems hot right now selling at 3x cover. Interesting. I couldn't get rid of my copy when they came out until I dropped it for sale below cover. The read was krap. Maybe people are just curious since it deals with girls and zombies. Either way, maybe I should head back t my LCS and pick up the stack that's still there. (shrug)

Alpha Girl #1 seems hot right now selling at 3x cover. Interesting. I couldn't get rid of my copy when they came out until I dropped it for sale below cover. The read was krap. Maybe people are just curious since it deals with girls and zombies. Either way, maybe I should head back t my LCS and pick up the stack that's still there. (shrug)

Really? I better get mine on eBay!