• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,850 posts in this topic

So Fatale 1 is getting a third print, and 2 is getting a second print. Are there any differences between covers? I haven't seen a copy yet...

Fatale #1 3rd print arrives 2/22, the 2nd print of #2 comes in the week after. I'm guessing we'll see black and white versions of the Beast cover for the 3rd printing of #1 and a black and white version of #2 for that reprint.

So the 2nd print of issue 1 is a B&W version of the Beauty cover?

Yes, Fatale #1 2nd print is a Black & White version of the Beauty cover.

Just wanted to type that out for others.

Read Road Rage and Thief of Thieves today.

Road Rage has potential, but 2nd issue will tell if it going to be good. Will it sell well you betcha you know who was involved.

I thought Thief of Thieves was excellent. The art was average (Bite me Branget :foryou: I am an 80s art snob.), but it was very well written and I like the pace of it. I think it has good potential.

Edited by Fastballspecial

lol

It's an overall positive review. Why bite? :whistle:

I dont hate all moderns just Chew and bad writing and art in a modern. I realize its hard to pay $4 for a book and get both but I digress. (It shouldnt be.) End of rantrant

BTW I found another one I think will be a smash soon when it comes out.

Also saw they are doing Girl with Dragon Tatoo in Graphic Novel that should sell pretty good as well.

too much competition to sell fatale now...i'd wait till #3 comes out at least. With stupid ebay fees you'd have to have gotten them pretty cheap to make a worthwhile profit selling now.

Personally i'll just ride the storm out...might get burned but might pay off. I have 4 going for CGC/SS so no rush, unless issue 3 gets really stupid and the bottom falls out.

too much competition to sell fatale now...i'd wait till #3 comes out at least. With stupid ebay fees you'd have to have gotten them pretty cheap to make a worthwhile profit selling now.

Personally i'll just ride the storm out...might get burned but might pay off. I have 4 going for CGC/SS so no rush, unless issue 3 gets really stupid and the bottom falls out.

Highly unlikely.

yeah, i don't see brubaker suddently getting a case of suckage....noticed prices today have fallen some. Some oversaturation last couple days. need some CGCs to show up to generate some more heat.

i think all the people selling 1a and b together are making a mistake. Too many multiple issue lots for sale.

Edited by krighton

Highly unlikely.

Agreed,

I'm going to ride this one out a ways. So I figure I'll box most of up them up and send them to the CGC for holding. This way I don't run and list them all on Ebay tomorrow. Who knows, maybe it will pay off and the book jumps in that time.

See this is what gets me on this book and its why I cant totally invest in it. That and I dont think its as good as 2 of the 3 below. (I usually insert a Branget joke here, but all give him a break.)

Walking Dead, Morning Glories and Chew had 1/3 to 1/2 the print run and had 2nd, 3rd and 4th prints.

This book has a 20k print run and its done by the same guys that did Criminal how is that book doing? Not saying I dont have some copies stashed I just dont see it as a breakaway hit. And yes you can use this against me in a few months if I am wrong. Which the way sales are going might be likely.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Someone (a boardie?) really wants those Comicspro 2012 RRP books.

They bought all three offered by a store in Boulder.

(Thief of Thieves #1, Action Comics #1 and Detective Comics #1)

They also have the only bid on the other Action #1 available right now.

My LCS didn't put out the DC books today. I think it may been that they were waiting for a price to be established before they did.

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

See this is what gets me on this book and its why I cant totally invest in it. That and I dont think its as good as 2 of the 3 below. (I usually insert a Branget joke here, but all give him a break.)

Walking Dead, Morning Glories and Chew had 1/3 to 1/2 the print run and had 2nd, 3rd and 4th prints.

This book has a 20k print run and its done by the same guys that did Criminal how is that book doing? Not saying I dont have some copies stashed I just dont see it as a breakaway hit. And yes you can use this against me in a few months if I am wrong. Which the way sales are going might be likely.

you can't compare Fatale to Criminal just because they have the same artist/writer...Fatale has a horror theme and there are tons of horror/cthulhu/lovecraft/poe fans out there...that's a whole different ball game than a straight crime comic.

you can't compare Fatale to Criminal just because they have the same artist/writer...Fatale has a horror theme and there are tons of horror/cthulhu/lovecraft/poe fans out there...that's a whole different ball game than a straight crime comic.

I think its fair to make some comparison particularly when Criminal has some heat because of the rumored Movie deal ... it could also mean that there will be increasing interest in criminal by speculators and collectors.

And to okay devil's advocate...

You can compare...

Criminal did have the same artist/writer and plenty of people love crime theme books/movies/comics.

Not taking anything away from Fatale, I hope it is a huge hit going forward! With some of you backing it (like Branget did with Chew) it is possible it could be a very strong book investment wise.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised by the speculation in Fatale. Honestly, I've paid a few bucks extra for a couple of 9.8 candidates because I'm a huge fan of the series and want a 9.8 SS. I also want the same thing for Criminal, Gotham Central, Incognito, & Sleeper because I like Brubaker & Phillips. I agree with the logic that Fatale should be similar to Criminal/Gotham Central/Sleeper/Incognito, which don't really carry a premium. It wasn't a limited title. I don't read it and say "wow, that's the best thing that these guys have done."

The one thing that it potentially has going for it is that it could be an ongoing title. Even then, I don't see it. However, if the prices of the other 4 titles start carrying more weight, then maybe I'll jump on the Fatale as an investment property. For me, I'm just a fan and want my 9.8 SS first issue (as I want for Criminal, Gotham Central, Incognito, & Sleeper). I might be the ONLY guy who wants these things (I don't want a 9.8 SS Captain America #1 by Brubaker because I think that capes suck, IMNSHO).

Apologies for the rantrant, but I'm with the skeptics, even though I absolutely love the series and the team.

And to okay devil's advocate...

You can compare...

Criminal did have the same artist/writer and plenty of people love crime theme books/movies/comics.

Not taking anything away from Fatale, I hope it is a huge hit going forward! With some of you backing it (like Branget did with Chew) it is possible it could be a very strong book investment wise.

+1