• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Oh ! I have a few of those books. It's time to sell! :ohnoez::whee:

If I knew it was a recent trend I'd be on the sales wagon as well, but I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Avengers or if it's too far under the radar for the movie to affect it much. I'd like to have a copy, but I'm not sure that this is "sell high," or if it's going to hold this value. Surely there's more than just a single printing already out there...?

Oh ! I have a few of those books. It's time to sell! :ohnoez::whee:

If I knew it was a recent trend I'd be on the sales wagon as well, but I'm wondering if this has anything to do with Avengers or if it's too far under the radar for the movie to affect it much. I'd like to have a copy, but I'm not sure that this is "sell high," or if it's going to hold this value. Surely there's more than just a single printing already out there...?

$30 a book. Retail is right around $20-25. Several of those TPBs are pretty tough to find. I would think this lot might sell better in a month or so after singles/sets really are smokin.

So here I am at the first annual Ottawa Comic Con and what do I see?

Well I see Thief of Thieves being sold for $65 at the Comic Book Addition Booth.

They also had a Walking Dead #1 for $1500.

Which btw is retarded.

Conventions are not eBay.

Also, picked up a run of Walking Dead 1 - 90 for $2400 all at least 9.0s most higher.

moral of the story,

stop this eBay modern bs or at least don't publicize it. Because Giant hats will follow those as guides for there raw moderns.

I always find silver age and bronze age stuff at conventions to be overpriced when compared to EBay. hm

Ebay prices factor in an assumed overgrade of .5 to 1 pts and $3 to $10 for shipping.

I still have dozens of #361, about 100+ #362, and over 300 #363's...

(Plus the silver second editions)

Good lord - I wish everyone with an early 1990s collection for sale could read this....

Edited by voorhees

Good lord - I wish every with an early 1990s collection for sale could read this....

A lot of 363s out there. A lot. I should probably be quiet as I own a dozen most likely. Every deal I seemed to do at a show circa 1994 seemed to involve 5-10 of these or bagged spidey 1 ("limited" 100K edition) being tossed in.

Sell off a few of those ASM 363's on eBay and mention in the auction that the Original Art for the cover by Bagley just sold at Heritage for $17,000! :o