• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

picked up uncharted #1 & 2 from my LCS for under cover. sold on ebay for $15 BIN (not trying to be too greedy)

noticed my LCS suddenly had multiple copies of ToT #2 again, so i bought 2 and sold them on ebay for $20 BIN. gonna go by the store again and pick up more copies today.

you greedy little haha...nahh im just jealous!

picked up uncharted #1 & 2 from my LCS for under cover. sold on ebay for $15 BIN (not trying to be too greedy)

noticed my LCS suddenly had multiple copies of ToT #2 again, so i bought 2 and sold them on ebay for $20 BIN. gonna go by the store again and pick up more copies today.

you greedy little haha...nahh im just jealous!

lol. It was like christmas when I saw 7 copies of ToT #2 that they didn't have the day before.

Is it just me or has the Walking Dead cooled down on feebay for the moment. I keep seeing copies selling for much less than they have a few months ago. I imagine that this will start to revert when issue 100 hits and that when the next season debuts it will be Walking Dead insanity again. I also tend to think that this coming December may be the all time peek for Walking Dead books, if the new season premieres around Halloween and starts off with a bang with the introduction of the Governor. Anyone else have any thoughts on these issues?

WD has cooled off a bit. Not a shock. It is far and above what it was 6 months ago and will probably heat up again closer to the show. For those that read the book, we all know it only gets better from here on out lol

In other words, the time to buy is now (and I have been). Buy when the market is low, sell when its high...works in all walks of life...

I'm glad things are cooling down. As much as I love collecting these it was getting awful difficult to hang on to them!! So many other things I thought about getting...

That's the problem when you collect things because you enjoy it then they increase in value more then you think they are worth and you get to thinking...

+1 appears raw prices have cooled a bit, but there's still a few oddball fluctuations here and there. The Weekly issues seem to have took a serious downturn as well, although I'm sure the key Weekly books will still sale for more than expected, come show time.

+1 appears raw prices have cooled a bit, but there's still a few oddball fluctuations here and there. The Weekly issues seem to have took a serious downturn as well, although I'm sure the key Weekly books will still sale for more than expected, come show time.

I stock piled Weekly's as soon as I saw the price sky rocket on normal issues. Alot easier selling them for a decent profit. I mass piled the keys only issue I cant seem to get is 1 for anywhere a near reasonable price so I can sell a set.

Anyone got a NM copy of 1 they want to get rid of PM me. Once the season starts again this wave will start all over again. They have cooled down a bit, but the keys are still selling well. Some of the other books like ToT and others have taken a small chunk out.

If I ever pay more than cover price for a weekly I deserve to be punched in the face. I'm shocked that even the WD 19s and 27s have cooled down. WD 1 is definitely cool. They are selling in CGC 9.8 Universal at $1,250 approximately. Issue 53 is finally down to a reasonable price. What is shockin to me is that WD 48 is still getting top dollar. I didn't think that it would continue to sell for big bucks when the rest of the series started to cool. I agree with JJ though. If you are a Walking Dead fanatic (like all of us on the forum are) now is the time to buy (or if you are all stocked up - it's time to get those raw books slabbed and signed if we get the chance).

I'm kind of shocked that the Thanos appearances have enjoyed such a huge bump considering a sequel to Avengers is years away.

I'm also kind of shocked that the Vengeance of Bane hasn't started heating up again. I understand that the price on those books is higher than any of us would have imagined before he became his lead role in Batman rises, but now appears the time when you would imagine that those books would start to climb in price.

I guess everyone who generally buys these books spent all their money on Thief of Theives. lol

I'm kind of shocked that the Thanos appearances have enjoyed such a huge bump considering a sequel to Avengers is years away.

The Thanos bump shouldn't be shocking. It's the same thing as the WD 19 bump after Michonne appeared on the season finale. People were excited to see Thanos, and are buying while the excitement is there.

Plus, all the speculators are fighting each other for the books in the rush to get Thanos inventory. 2c

I'm also kind of shocked that the Vengeance of Bane hasn't started heating up again. I understand that the price on those books is higher than any of us would have imagined before he became his lead role in Batman rises, but now appears the time when you would imagine that those books would start to climb in price.

I guess everyone who generally buys these books spent all their money on Thief of Theives. lol

Bane isn't a mainstream character yet. So he won't be sought after by casual fans until after they see the movie (and that's only if the movie is good).

The comic book fans & speculators who read the Bane story in the 90's have already secured their copies. This book has been hot for a LONG time. CGC 9.8's were selling for $250 last summer.

The Thanos bump shouldn't be shocking. It's the same thing as the WD 19 bump after Michonne appeared on the season finale. People were excited to see Thanos, and are buying while the excitement is there.

Plus, all the speculators are fighting each other for the books in the rush to get Thanos inventory. 2c

I anticipated a minor bump, not a near 1000% to 2000% increase in the value of the first appearance. Particularly when we all know that it is going to be a long time before the new Avengers film (at least 3 years if not more). I guess I anticipate that we would see a price jump of about four times tops not 10 to 20 times. Although I guess when compared to Thief of Thieves the sky is the limit. The other thing is that it is rare that there are only a handful of films that have caued individual comics' value to go wild with speculator driven purchases. I don't know, after Thief of Thieves - all bets are off for me. I can't claim to be able to predict with any level of certainty the consequences of speculator driven price jumps anymore than I can predict the weather. I'm no comic shop salesman and I'm no weather man. lol

I anticipated a minor bump, not a near 1000% to 2000% increase in the value of the first appearance. Particularly when we all know that it is going to be a long time before the new Avengers film (at least 3 years if not more). I guess I anticipate that we would see a price jump of about four times tops not 10 to 20 times. Although I guess when compared to Thief of Thieves the sky is the limit. The other thing is that it is rare that there are only a handful of films that have caued individual comics' value to go wild with speculator driven purchases. I don't know, after Thief of Thieves - all bets are off for me. I can't claim to be able to predict with any level of certainty the consequences of speculator driven price jumps anymore than I can predict the weather. I'm no comic shop salesman and I'm no weather man. lol

Whats to say Avengers 2 is going to be his next appearance? He could appear in cap a 2, thor 2, iron man 3 before Avengers 2.

Bane isn't a mainstream character yet. So he won't be sought after by casual fans until after they see the movie (and that's only if the movie is good).

The comic book fans & speculators who read the Bane story in the 90's have already secured their copies. This book has been hot for a LONG time. CGC 9.8's were selling for $250 last summer.

I was out of the industry about seven months ago. What was the Vengeance of Bane 1 CGC 9.8 going for before the announcement that he was the villian in Batman Rises $100 or less in certain circumstances? I wish we had some idea of how rare that issue is. I imagine that there have to be between 75K - 150K copies that were printed. I recall that it wasn't a heavily ordered book when it came out because no one was aware that Bane was going to be the character that broke Batman's back. At the same time, I would imagine that every Batman one shot had to sell at least 50K - 100K copies and the art on that book was strong and Chuck Dixon was already a heavy hitter back then.

If this movie does well I think this book is going to demand crazy prices, but a lot of people I talk to don't have a lot of faith in the film. I for one am very excited about the movie and belong to the Nolan can do no wrong with Batman movies club. lol

Whats to say Avengers 2 is going to be his next appearance? He could appear in cap a 2, thor 2, iron man 3 before Avengers 2.

He wouldn't work in Cap 2. He's just too big and bad. I think the same goes for Iron Man. He theoretically could be a villian in Thor 2, but I would think that in those movies we may get some post -script background info, but I really doubt that Thanos is going to be a villian in movie other than Avengers. Do you think he could legitimately be the villian in one of those other films?

Supposedly he is the main bad setting up the fight in Avengers 2 and will have cameo, credit scenes in the upcoming movies. That will keep building the intrigue for the character until he does have his breakthrough performance

I havent seen it in the movie with my own eyes but wasnt the Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's trophy room in Thor? Loki had the mind gem in his staff in Avengers. These movies are going to be playing off of each other going forward.

He wouldn't work in Cap 2. He's just too big and bad. I think the same goes for Iron Man. He theoretically could be a villian in Thor 2, but I would think that in those movies we may get some post -script background info, but I really doubt that Thanos is going to be a villian in movie other than Avengers. Do you think he could legitimately be the villian in one of those other films?

Actually...

He doesn't have to be the main villian in any of those movies to be effective.

Captain America was the first hero to encounter the Cosmic Cube in the comics, and Thanos would later obtain it afterwards.

Iron Man was actually the first hero to encounter Thanos (the red hot Iron Man #55), and Thor is one of the few superheroes that could go toe to toe with Thanos.

He could very well make at least an appearance in each of those movies.