• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

wow, my hardcore 1s (3 copies) sold on ebay for $24 about five minutes after I put them up. unfortunately, all the other copies at my LCS were a bit dinged.

yup. i'm gonna go down tomorrow and pick up at least 2 more. sold 3 sets of 2 copies. all within about 30 mins of putting them up.

There is a large movement that is trying to eliminate the R word. My younger brother is offended by it. I am kind of torn bc I don't think of people w DSMIV Disorders, cognitive problems, etc. when I think of that term. But the same logic can be used to rationalize the use of certain racial epithets or the word gay in a derogatory manner. Now back to comics.

I had this debate on here not too long ago. Trying to eliminate the word is only giving it power. I prefer to differentiate between any mental challenges and the term person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point which I reserve for those who choose to act in a certain manner.

DSMIV. lol

Nice book with too much power. There was a time when homosexuality was a condition to be treated and now they want to treat people with a high sex drive. Insurance companies must love this book. I wonder how many are going to claim they can't work because they have a high sex drive. :facepalm:

On the comic front I am starting to receive quite a few requests for Invincible issues graded. Could be the start of a trend. ;)

I can count several that I evaluated for SSI/SSD based an claims of sexual dysfunction. Do keep in mind though that diagnosis does not equal disability and quite honestly the DSM IV-TR holds no real power in that sense. Instead it is the clinician's and review board's judgment that will essentially determine if the capacity to be gainfully employed remains (or ultimately the judge if a case is appealed)

And by the way the term "retarded" is offensive...try explaining it's use in slang to someone with an intellectual disability and see how it goes (tried to do that...not fun).

Oh yeah, Infinity Gauntlet TPB is heating up..

It's not just the Infinity Gauntlet TPB... Anything Thanos is showing a major uptick recently.

Quasi-Recent appearances

Silver Surfer v3 34-50 (#34 trending up)

Thanos Quest 1-2 (Hot)

Infinity Gauntlet 1-6 (Hot)

Warlock and the Infinity Watch 1-42

Infinity War 1-6

Infinity Crusade 1-6

etc.

There is a large movement that is trying to eliminate the R word. My younger brother is offended by it. I am kind of torn bc I don't think of people w DSMIV Disorders, cognitive problems, etc. when I think of that term. But the same logic can be used to rationalize the use of certain racial epithets or the word gay in a derogatory manner. Now back to comics.

I had this debate on here not too long ago. Trying to eliminate the word is only giving it power. I prefer to differentiate between any mental challenges and the term person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point which I reserve for those who choose to act in a certain manner.

DSMIV. lol

Nice book with too much power. There was a time when homosexuality was a condition to be treated and now they want to treat people with a high sex drive. Insurance companies must love this book. I wonder how many are going to claim they can't work because they have a high sex drive. :facepalm:

On the comic front I am starting to receive quite a few requests for Invincible issues graded. Could be the start of a trend. ;)

I can count several that I evaluated for SSI/SSD based an claims of sexual dysfunction. Do keep in mind though that diagnosis does not equal disability and quite honestly the DSM IV-TR holds no real power in that sense. Instead it is the clinician's and review board's judgment that will essentially determine if the capacity to be gainfully employed remains (or ultimately the judge if a case is appealed)

And by the way the term "retarded" is offensive...try explaining it's use in slang to someone with an intellectual disability and see how it goes (tried to do that...not fun).

Much the same as trying to explain that the DSM holds no real power to someone who has been "diagnosed". ;)

I'm a bigger fan of controlling what is within your power to control. Rather then trying to control the word it's easier to control your reaction and thoughts surrounding the word. Just my 2c

I'm currently working on my thread derailment addiction and I'm losing the battle. :facepalm:

question. what's a good price for the Mind The Gap variant (not the white cover, but the black cover variant). a local LCS has them for $10. i don't see any for sell by themselves on ebay ( a few pricey sets).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mind-the-Gap-1-RARE-US-1-1000-Regional-Variant-Image-Comics-1st-Printing-/261024399497?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item3cc6444089#ht_500wt_1180

also, i went to a local LCS to get some copies of Hardcore #1 yesterday, and they had 3 copies of Walking Dead Weekly #19 on the shelf for cover price. i couldn't believe it. even though the price has dropped on the weeklies, it's still a hot book

Maybe "Super Hero" ain't what it used to be. ;)

hm

As a dedicated super-hero fan, it's tough being beaten over the head with schlock year after year. My tastes have definitely wandered.

Maybe "Super Hero" ain't what it used to be. ;)

I agree, but every time I'm in my LCS there is always people still buying super hero books.

But how much of that is habit? It took me a LONG time to give up on Xmen.