• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Whats the deal with xo 68?

last issue. low print run

the thing about the hype on the last issues of these valiants (and a book like conan 275) is that the last issue didn't really have much of a lower print run than the last few issues, but folks get excited about the last issue when the second to last issue is likely just as hard to find.

It would appear that Valiant variants and #1's, after 20 years, has finally paid off for those people who have held onto them for all these years after the bubble burst!

Harbinger #1 - Currently selling for $63.

Eternal Warrior #1 Gold - at $50 to $80ish

X-O Manowar #1 sells at a brisk $20

Harbinger pink seems to get about $55.

Valiant is all over The Market's modern books heating up! :ohnoez:

What is the difference in the eternal warrior gold and the eternal warrior gold embossed?

The gold has gold lettering. The gold embossed has gold lettering that is stamped so that it can be felt if you run your hands across it. Check out examples at www.valiantfans.com (thumbs u

I very very rarely dip into this pool, but I have to here - this statement is just factually wrong. They are NOT hard to find - there may be a lot of demand for them, but they're everywhere.

I have to agree. I have an auction for all 52 #1's and nobody has even sniffed the opening bid of $99. Nobody is watching the auction either :-(

I very very rarely dip into this pool, but I have to here - this statement is just factually wrong. They are NOT hard to find - there may be a lot of demand for them, but they're everywhere.

I have to agree. I have an auction for all 52 #1's and nobody has even sniffed the opening bid of $99. Nobody is watching the auction either :-(

jeez. SMH. i ALREADY corrected that post. days ago. we can let it die now.

:news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news::news:

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'm FAIRLY CERTAIN that NOT ONLY are the New 52 #1s NOT RARE, but they ALSO, for the most part, have VERY HIGH print runs. A few might sell for a bit of a premium, but they certainly are *not* hard to locate. Quite the opposite, in fact. Few modern books are as easy to find as the New 52 #1s. :slapfight:

So, you know...you are just wrong. It would be nice if you would admit your error instead of being so argumentative. :baiting:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :shy:

Edited by jjeanius

To add to that, X-O Manowar 68 is fetching close to $70 right now.

I just picked up a collection loaded with Valiants. I sold a couple of the X-O Manowar #1s here for what they're going for on eBay, and have a couple of more that I might wait on. I think I will unload the #68s now, since they might have peaked. I definitely picked up this collection at the perfect time. A couple of months ago, it would have been pretty worthless, IMO

Any other decent priced Valiants worth noting? I'm not familiar with what's valuable with Valiant.

Was the $70 a completed auction? Was that graded?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-O-MANOWAR-68-LAST-ISSUE-VALIANT-/300714502006?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4603fb2776#ht_500wt_1182

The book was creeping up over the past couple of weeks and this is the last sale.

I think Bloodshot 51 will be the next $30-40 book soon.

Edited by lemonman5

I just picked up a collection loaded with Valiants. I sold a couple of the X-O Manowar #1s here for what they're going for on eBay, and have a couple of more that I might wait on. I think I will unload the #68s now, since they might have peaked. I definitely picked up this collection at the perfect time. A couple of months ago, it would have been pretty worthless, IMO

Any other decent priced Valiants worth noting? I'm not familiar with what's valuable with Valiant.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-O-MANOWAR-68-LAST-ISSUE-VALIANT-/300714502006?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4603fb2776#ht_500wt_1182

The book was creeping up over the past couple of weeks and this is the last sale.

Thanks. That's the highest I've seen a X-O #68 sell for. Too bad the content is so poor.

An hour after I posted about Bloodshot 51, the copy I had up for just under $30 sold. Looks like that book is indeed heating up.

An hour after I posted about Bloodshot 51, the copy I had up for just under $30 sold. Looks like that book is indeed heating up.

If had more than one copy of that I'd post one as well. I was trying for years to put together a run of the final issues and rare issues of Valiant books, but kinda just gave up after the struggle.

Edited by gradejunky

(thumbs u

It would appear that Valiant variants and #1's, after 20 years, has finally paid off for those people who have held onto them for all these years after the bubble burst!

Harbinger #1 - Currently selling for $63.

Eternal Warrior #1 Gold - at $50 to $80ish

X-O Manowar #1 sells at a brisk $20

Harbinger pink seems to get about $55.

Valiant is all over The Market's modern books heating up! :ohnoez:

is unity 0 & 1 worth slabbing?

or just a 5 dollar book?

hm