• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Just put up my copy of Eternal Warrior 1 gold embossed this afternoon and just checked back to find its already over $20 with over six days left on the auction.

Is it 1994 again?

No, in 1994 you could have added a zero to that auction price .. lol

lol

Still not bad for a book I just pulled out of a longobox at the LCS yesterday and paid $6 for though.

Listed some books last night on eBay with BINs, and the following sold in under 12 hours:

Marvel Comics Presents #26 (Coldblood lol ) $9.99Manhattan Projects #1 (1st) $9.99

:applause:

Feels like Death of Superman or the Great Chromium Cover Chase all over again! I just got my 15 copies in the mail yesterday. :ohnoez:

That is the issue with Ebay, most people are being charged both a final value fee, and an additional percentage on the shipping as well. I know this for a fact because this has happened to me for months Ill charge someone $3.75 for media mail which includes item being shipped in a bubble mailer, and ebay takes $0.34 of the shipping fee and then a final value fee on price. Think that is why so many sellers are getting fed up with this because its eithers "ebay/paypal payment hold because sellers have under 50 positive feedback as seller", Paypal holding funds until customers get the merchandise and only releasing the shipping cost to the seller once they fund the shipping from their own money and not the sale of the item. But yet paypal automatically takes out its share before the funds are even released. Then you have fees from ebay (FVF, shipping) and then Paypal fees. So whatever you sale between all those fees you may end up with anywhere from a small amount on a small sale or large amounts on the bigger sales taken before you get anything. And I know the shipping fee is a seperate fee on ebay now because if you do free shipping you dont get charged a fee. And it gets me angry like so many other sellers that just because ebay thinks you are charging to much because they have set limits you should be able to send something for they take that fee. And most sellers on their like myself only charge the minimum US postage charge and they still get fee of that.

walking dead #53 is dying. 2 copies at around $10, 1 with a smaller bid. no other copy bid on.

Latest issue prolly had something to do with that.

Win some, lose some lol didn't quite understand the huge jump in price on that one. After 19, seems some people were hoping to have the next big book. Although, new collectors from the show, who don't keep up with the new issues, might bump prices should Abraham show up on AMC (shrug)

he's not dead yet.....if a kid can have half his head removed and still walk around with a large bandaid on it, a little arrow won't stop mr. big man.

Edited by krighton

That is the issue with Ebay, most people are being charged both a final value fee, and an additional percentage on the shipping as well. I know this for a fact because this has happened to me for months Ill charge someone $3.75 for media mail which includes item being shipped in a bubble mailer, and ebay takes $0.34 of the shipping fee and then a final value fee on price. Think that is why so many sellers are getting fed up with this because its eithers "ebay/paypal payment hold because sellers have under 50 positive feedback as seller", Paypal holding funds until customers get the merchandise and only releasing the shipping cost to the seller once they fund the shipping from their own money and not the sale of the item. But yet paypal automatically takes out its share before the funds are even released. Then you have fees from ebay (FVF, shipping) and then Paypal fees. So whatever you sale between all those fees you may end up with anywhere from a small amount on a small sale or large amounts on the bigger sales taken before you get anything. And I know the shipping fee is a seperate fee on ebay now because if you do free shipping you dont get charged a fee. And it gets me angry like so many other sellers that just because ebay thinks you are charging to much because they have set limits you should be able to send something for they take that fee. And most sellers on their like myself only charge the minimum US postage charge and they still get fee of that.

Again, there's no separate ebay "shipping fee".

Ebay charges a final value fee on whatever the total selling price of your auction ends up being - eg. the price the item sells for + the shipping cost listed in the auction. The final value fees are the same no matter whether your item sells for $100 with a $5 shipping charge, $105 with free shipping, or $5 with a $100 shipping charge. Their main reason for doing is (well, apart from padding their coffers, of course) was to get rid of the people who'd list a $500 item with a $1 BIN and a $499 shipping cost.

I can't speak as to the Paypal holds you mention - I've never experienced one of those myself.

Ebay charges a final value fee on whatever the total selling price of your auction ends up being - eg. the price the item sells for + the shipping cost listed in the auction. The final value fees are the same no matter whether your item sells for $100 with a $5 shipping charge, $105 with free shipping, or $5 with a $100 shipping charge. Their main reason for doing is (well, apart from padding their coffers, of course) was to get rid of the people who'd list a $500 item with a $1 BIN and a $499 shipping cost.

I can't speak as to the Paypal holds you mention - I've never experienced one of those myself.

Yes there is. Some of the stuff I sell gets charged up to .54 shipping fee (and they call it that) Some stuff doesn't get charged a shipping fee. Everything gets charged a final value fee tho.

That is one aspect of Walking Dead that I thoroughly enjoy... When characters die, they stay that way ;) while Carl's injury was out there, it was a cross shot, that never hit his brain. Abraham took one straight through, and he had his guts tire out hm pretty sure it's over for him :grin:

Yes there is. Some of the stuff I sell gets charged up to .54 shipping fee (and they call it that) Some stuff doesn't get charged a shipping fee. Everything gets charged a final value fee tho.

What kind of stuff do you get charged a shipping fee on?

No, there isn't.

The Final Value Fee is based on what eBay calls the "item's total cost to buyer" - which is the "total amount of the sale, including the cost of the item, shipping, and any other fees a seller may charge, excluding any sales tax".

To help out sellers that like to keep track of these things, eBay breaks the FVF down into two line items pr. auction on their invoices:

- the "Final Value Fee on Shipping" (which would be the $0.54 you mentioned above)

- the "Final Value Fee"

Those two items added together gives you the total Final Value Fee for any item (or, as I like to call it, the "Final Final Value Fee").

If an item is listed with free shipping, there's no "Final Value Fee on Shipping" item on the invoice - which makes sense seeing that you can't charge a FVF on $0.00. But this doesn't mean that there's suddenly an extra eBay shipping charge on top of the FVF when you do have a postage cost - there's not. It's just, again, the FVF being calculated based on the item's total cost (which includes shipping).

Here's the example eBay uses on their FVF page:

- You sell an item for $95.00 with a shipping cost of $5.00.

- Your final value fee on the item cost is 9% of $95.00, which is $8.55.

- Your final value fee on the shipping cost is 9% of $5.00, which is $0.45.

Whether this item was sold for $95 with $5 shipping, $100 with free shipping or $80 with $20 shipping wouldn't matter - you'd still be charged the same $9.00 FVF.

It honestly isn't that complicated, really - whatever your item's total cost to buyer is, that's what will be used for the final value fee calculation :shrug:

i just realized what's going on. a few items i sold that didn't get final value for shipping fees were items that the buyer didn't pay for. altho i sold a poster for .99 with $5 shipping that didn't get a final value on shipping fee. so, guess i'm gonna have to charge .50 more on shipping.

Edited by Hawkman

That is one aspect of Walking Dead that I thoroughly enjoy... When characters die, they stay that way ;) while Carl's injury was out there, it was a cross shot, that never hit his brain. Abraham took one straight through, and he had his guts tire out hm pretty sure it's over for him :grin:

Didnt shane die...and then come back? :)

It honestly isn't that complicated, really - whatever your item's total cost to buyer is, that's what will be used for the final value fee calculation :shrug:

i just realized what's going on. a few items i sold that didn't get final value for shipping fees were items that the buyer didn't pay for. altho i sold a poster for .99 with $5 shipping that didn't get a final value on shipping fee. so, guess i'm gonna have to charge .50 more on shipping.

Yeah, that's what I did when they introduced this new fee structure - upped my shipping cost by fifty cents.