• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

Can't link, so I'll just transcribe it here;

"welcome back, readers!

This is Thief of Thieves Editor Sina Grace here, welcoming you back to our letters column.

We here at Skybound have been entirely overwhelmed by the success of the series. Pretty much every issue to date is celebrating a fourth printing, and then there's that whole AMC news."

"welcome back, readers!

This is Thief of Thieves Editor Sina Grace here, welcoming you back to our letters column.

We here at Skybound have been entirely overwhelmed by the success of the series. Pretty much every issue to date is celebrating a fourth printing, and then there's that whole AMC news."

That's just lazy, haven't you learnt how to post a link to the letters column of your comic yet?

:whistle:

"welcome back, readers!

That's just lazy, haven't you learnt how to post a link to the letters column of your comic yet?

:whistle:

Mate, when it comes to technology I am clueless. I feel more out of touch with the world everyday. :sorry:

Hulk #340 is picking up weird steam for some reason. Talking a $125+ over previous GPA on some. I just sold one for $275.

Sold my Spawn 220 D and F variants in a about an hour today. Had them at $20 and $100.

Did I miss something? I thought people stopped reading Spawn in aroung the turn of the milenium? Those are great sale!. Congratulations!! :applause:

2 sets sold today..covers a-f @ $305 & $356....a lot of people dogg on McFarlane,and Spawn doesn't move the numbers per month that it used to.but the back issues do well on Ebay! I buy every issue I find in .50/$1 boxes after #115. Some of these are tough books and there's guys getting back into collecting that have the first 50 or 100 and are trying to get the run up to date. If McFarlane does something to get Spawn back in the limelight,it could be a $1000 run just for the basic issues.

:wishluck:

Then I could sell my run 1-100

Sold my Spawn 220 D and F variants in a about an hour today. Had them at $20 and $100.

Did I miss something? I thought people stopped reading Spawn in aroung the turn of the milenium? Those are great sale!. Congratulations!! :applause:

2 sets sold today..covers a-f @ $305 & $356....a lot of people dogg on McFarlane,and Spawn doesn't move the numbers per month that it used to.but the back issues do well on Ebay! I buy every issue I find in .50/$1 boxes after #115. Some of these are tough books and there's guys getting back into collecting that have the first 50 or 100 and are trying to get the run up to date. If McFarlane does something to get Spawn back in the limelight,it could be a $1000 run just for the basic issues.

You probably could (I mean, you can sell ANYTHING), but the later issues are much more difficult to find, especially in HG. Most people stopped prior to #100, hence the lower print runs and increased cost.

You probably could (I mean, you can sell ANYTHING), but the later issues are much more difficult to find, especially in HG. Most people stopped prior to #100, hence the lower print runs and increased cost.

I was just talking about this with someone today. People really think Spawn is worthless, but whenever I find 100 and up for 50 cents or less, I grab them. I'll eventually form a lot of 10-20 books that can fetch a pretty decent number.

People need to check on that kind of stuff before assuming the value.

Edited by lemonman5

Wow. This isn't really Ebay-related, but the new DC 52 books old like hot cakes yesterday at a small local con. I cannot believe people would pay $20 per for a DETECTIVE COMICS #1 1st print, and $10 per for JUSTICE LEAGUE #1 1st print. My buddy also sold ACTION COMICS #1 1st print for $10.00 and the JIM LEE variant for $20.00.

Nice flips considering he got them for about $1 each.

Edited by voorhees

Top ten most active modern comic sets on The Market this week: :banana:

• Uncanny X-Force #1 - 18
  • Yenny #1 - 8
  • Detective Comics #1 - 7
  • Ultimate Spider-man #152 - 159
  • Batman #1 - 9
  • Detective Comics #871 - 881
  • Flash #1 - 9
  • Wodern Woman #1 - 8
  • Suicide Squad #1 - 9
  • Toxin #1 - 6

Seems to be backing up Voorhees observations on what people are actively seeking and buying. It appears that DC 52 titles are still very much hot and still very desired. (thumbs u

I sold a couple of these when they first came out for $10 a piece. I felt pretty giddy when people hit the BINs. Now I feel like I left money on the table. lol Oh well! (thumbs u

Edited by whetteon

I'm sorry I should have been more specific. I'm aware of the significance of that particular issue but I was curious as to why you think it will be worth digging up in the near future. I'm probably missing something obvious but I haven't looked at comics seriously in a long time and I seem to recall having a signed copy of this book stashed away somewhere so I figured I'd ask. Sorry for the noob-ish questioning.