• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

It's a list of eBay books that are not graded, listed in the modern age category, have at least 2 bids and are valued at more than $10. I see the point your trying to make. The book has been consistently selling for $10-15. But when is a book no longer heating up? (shrug)

I have an idea to implement in the future that entails tracking titles and listing how many weeks they've been on "The Market" so we can determine which books are more recent and hot versus books that may be long term favorites. I just haven't had time to implement the feature.

Right now the best I can do is show you how many auctions have been listed on eBay week after week. Auction Listing Graph

I for one appreciate your input in this thread and the Market Report you provide (thumbs u

Edited by ernster

It's a list of eBay books that are not graded, listed in the modern age category, have at least 2 bids and are valued at more than $10. I see the point your trying to make. The book has been consistently selling for $10-15. But when is a book no longer heating up? (shrug)

I have an idea to implement in the future that entails tracking titles and listing how many weeks they've been on "The Market" so we can determine which books are more recent and hot versus books that may be long term favorites. I just haven't had time to implement the feature.

Right now the best I can do is show you how many auctions have been listed on eBay week after week. Auction Listing Graph

I for one appreciate your input in this thread and the Market Report you provide (thumbs u

+1

Thanks guys. I was wondering if my list were annoying others or not. Glad to see they are appreciated. :cloud9: (thumbs u

I love your market reports when you write them out here. When I go to your website I get kinda confused though.

How do you track watchers for auctions?

Thanks guys. I was wondering if my list were annoying others or not. Glad to see they are appreciated. :cloud9: (thumbs u

I'm sure they annoy some people, but some people have no class. I definitely appreciate the insight and thank you for posting the info.

I love your market reports when you write them out here. When I go to your website I get kinda confused though.

I tap into eBay's API and they tell me how many people are watching an auction.

Code monkey here and was intrigued with your site. Is the API publicly available? Also, what did you build your site with? I'm starting to dive into PHP a bit more and am looking for a fun side project, wanted to do something similar to what you do but for my own enjoyment, no competition or anything lol.

First appearance of Archangel.

What's going on with Archangel these days that is causing the interest?

He's in the popular Uncanny X-Force book.

(thumbs u

and keep the lists coming!

Code monkey here and was intrigued with your site. Is the API publicly available? Also, what did you build your site with? I'm starting to dive into PHP a bit more and am looking for a fun side project, wanted to do something similar to what you do but for my own enjoyment, no competition or anything lol.

Yeah, it's open to the public:

eBay API

It's not that difficult to work with either - the documentation is pretty solid.

Like mschmidt said, it's there and it's open for anyone who signs up and gets an Id. You are limited to using only current auctions. Completed auctions data mining is a service that requires payment. I used PHP and have just spent a great deal of time tweaking the results and filtering out the junk. I have a similar page in place for cards and video games that I will eventually be merging into what is currently there on The Market. The end goal is for the results to get better and more useful as time moves forward. (thumbs u

For Sport Cards

For Video Games

Edited by whetteon

On todays The Market - the top 10 Most Watched Graded books:

• Ultimate Spider-Man #160 sketch Variant SS 9.8
  • Walking Dead #1 9.8
  • Thief of Thieves #1 9.8
  • Wolverine #1 Campbell Variant 9.8
  • Batman #1 9.8
  • Chew #1 9.8
  • Avengers Vs X-Men #1 SS 9.8
  • Detective Comics #1 9.8