• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,833 posts in this topic

As of this post, it actually looks like this book has either cooled down or remained flat.

one sold yesterday for $15 and one also sold for $30. the one that sold for $15 is listed as VF/NM whereas the other was listed as NM. there's one at $12 with 2 hours left. let's see where that ends, and then we can get an idea if it's dropping or not. there's also one with 3 days left at $10

Which is my point ... a criteria of "an auction with more than 2 bids which is currently above $10" gives you no indication whether a book is hot or not.

As always, I'm open for suggestions on improving the search. Feel free to give me a more rigorous detailed list of rules that I should follow. :hi:

Your listings are fine here. Some intrepet the data the wrong way or too lazy to look it up themselves. Feel free to keep listing exactly as you are. If 80% of us are happy you have accomplished a rare feat. (thumbs u

i'll take 100 of these (nm/m) for $2 each...

78b4baa1-9200-4c05-bab1-e6feede7dfe9.jpg

How about 2 for $100?

I thought you said it was a .50 book?

it is, in vf condition. you asked for nm/m and those are SUPER RARE.

ok $1 for VF!

How about 2 for $100?

ok $1 for VF!

yay. double my money!!!!

This weeks modern comics heating up that are NOT variants:

• Thief of Thieves #1
  • The Goon #3
  • Batman: Harley Quinn
  • Batman: Vengence of Bane #1
  • Detective Comics #1
  • Malibu Sun #13
  • Action Comics #1
  • Saga #1
  • Dark Avengers #1
  • X-O Manowar #1

and two bonus books heating up that just missed the cut:

• Amazing Spider-Man #441
  • Nightwing #4

Check out how many variants were not included in this list (ie. Thief of Thieves was actually number 24 on that list) over at The Market

I love the list of books that are not variants. To be honest, the variants bug the hell out of me, so it's very refreshing to see this list.

What's going on in Malibu Sun 13, ASM 441, and Nightwing 4?

Amazing Spider-Man 441 is a spidey fan favorite. Carnage + Silver Surfer = awesome!

Malibu Sun 13 is the 1st appearance of Spawn which seems to have a ton of fans lately.

Nightwing 4 ... no clue. (shrug)

Dagnabbit, I've been staring at 20-30 Malibu Sun 13s at a LCS for the past 2 yrs. that was sitting in the quarter bins. Betcha it's gone now, =-(

How about 2 for $100?

Like the 'new 52' #1s? :devil::grin::baiting:

was there a new announcement with Chew that I missed in regards to the tv pilot? finally finishing up the last couple issues of the run that we need and prices on the first ten issues or so seem to have spiked again issue #2-5 notably so

Any books showing heat have been picked clean around here.

My only consolation.......

i'm still pulling these "icecubes" for cover price.

Photobucket

I posted it earlier but I his a LCS in Charleston last week and it had AT LEAST 40 copies of #2 first prints on the shelf......maybe more.

Any books showing heat have been picked clean around here.

My only consolation.......

i'm still pulling these "icecubes" for cover price.

Photobucket

I posted it earlier but I his a LCS in Charleston last week and it had AT LEAST 40 copies of #2 first prints on the shelf......maybe more.

:o that''s alot, my guy has a few more, but grades are VF-NM at best.

I would buy them at cover and not think twice about it if they are in any form of decent saleable condition.

Not 40 copies, but you know what I'm saying...

Edited by Zaitsev

New 52 Nightwing #4 is a bear to find in NM condition. I passed on two F/VF copies for $6 each that a seller had at the Heroes Convention in Charlotte back in June. Over the past 3 months I have seen only a few copies but they all had multiple color breaking stress marks along the spine.

I have become a grade snob. :sorry:

Edited by TJ325

Nightwing #4 is a bear to find in NM condition. I passed on two F/VF copies for $6 each that a seller had at the Heroes Convention in Charlotte back in June. Over the past 3 months I have seen only a few copies but they all had multiple color breaking stress marks along the spine.

I have become a grade snob. :sorry:

Mine has a couple color breaking spine tics and some NCB ones on the back. Batman 4 has the same problem and I think they were released the same week.