• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

It's been selling for $200+ for a while now. Plus that listing says it's 'MINT' and description claims it can get a CGC 10.0. Meanwhile the scan clearly shows at least 2 color-breaking spine marks. :insane:

I just looked at the photo ... two spine ticks, one bad corner (bottom left), off center (may be a produciton issue though) and spotting (which I can't tell if is on the book, the scanner or what), but it is not a 9.8 and it sure as :censored: is not a 10.

:facepalm:

Edited by Nico Esq

The spotting isn't really there. I have a copy. It looks like spotting but it's just how the print is. I thought it was spotting at first too. But those ticks and the corner are definitely there. Buyer is going to be pissed when cgc comes back at 9.0

Walking Dead 33 (2nd print), that is absolutely a hot comic and one that is hard to find in tip top grade b/c it's a second print. Anyone ever figure out what the print run is or are we still working with the less than 2K copies since it apparently didn't make into the Diamond top 300 as reported on comic chron?

Wow, I'm glad I picked up one in an undervalued lot a few months ago, when my target price was $35 bucks for a #33 2nd print and they were mostly going for up to and around $50, when they did come up, which was not all that often.

#34 second print has never really been as hard to find listed, or as expensive, so there you go, I guess.

Isn't Malibu Sun techinically the 1st Spawn?

Not a knock on you, obviously, but I can't believe people are considering a solicitation mag a first appearance. I mean, technically, Previews probably has the first appearances of half of new modern characters.

Maybe I should go stockpile whatever issue of previews shows the cover image of NYX #3 or, better yet, Walking Dead #1!! Previews #25896712 - the first appearance of Rick Grimes!

lol

Great point!

However, I bet there are quite a few people out there who would buy the Previews mag that first solicited WD #1.

:whistle:

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

;)

It's been selling for $200+ for a while now. Plus that listing says it's 'MINT' and description claims it can get a CGC 10.0. Meanwhile the scan clearly shows at least 2 color-breaking spine marks. :insane:

I just looked at the photo ... two spine ticks, one bad corner (bottom left), off center (may be a produciton issue though) and spotting (which I can't tell if is on the book, the scanner or what), but it is not a 9.8 and it sure as :censored: is not a 10.

:facepalm:

CGC IT!

Not a knock on you, obviously, but I can't believe people are considering a solicitation mag a first appearance. I mean, technically, Previews probably has the first appearances of half of new modern characters.

Maybe I should go stockpile whatever issue of previews shows the cover image of NYX #3 or, better yet, Walking Dead #1!! Previews #25896712 - the first appearance of Rick Grimes!

lol

Great point!

However, I bet there are quite a few people out there who would buy the Previews mag that first solicited WD #1.

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

;)

Neat!!! Very cool!

lol

Great point!

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

;)

Neat!!! Very cool!

Love the prototype logo/font

Jim

lol

Great point!

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

;)

I would buy one.

Some odds and ends selling well.

New 52 books are still chugging along well with some titles especially Det and Bat titles.

Nightwing books are crazy especially 4 and 1 is selling well.

Nazi Zombie seems to be holding stead at $20 for 1 & 2.

Shaolin Cowboy as a set 1-7 sells exceptionally well and had a new series coming out.

WD weekly 19 and 27 have stabilized and 27 looks to be moving a little higher. I would expect it to continue to rise as next season is coming up.

Daredevil issues 2,3 and 4 are selling well lately.

IM 282 still is selling well.

Secret from Image has slowed down. Issue 2 just killed its momentum I think.

Manhatten Projects is selling well as a set and has single issue 1.

Futurama 1 still sells for $25 easy

Valiants back issue pre unity have picked up again.