• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

There's something about No. 4's... hm

You know that brings up that age old argument from back in the 90s. Does the 4th issue still hold that special place? Some of you as old as me will remember how input/sales didnt get back to companies until after the 4th issue was printed. So alot of issue 4s always sold for a premium for awhile. I think there was a big article on it in Wizard years ago.

Secret from Image has slowed down. Issue 2 just killed its momentum I think.

secret has never sold for more than cover on ebay.

Gotta love that never statement. You sure about that? Like say maybe worth betting on? :idea:

i was wrong. one copy sold for $4 and one sold for $5. all the rest have been cover or worse.

Nazi Zombies should be hot - only a print run of 1816!

The last Zombie should do better soon as well - only 1336 in 1st print run.

Revival will go through the roof and be the next Saga, and I reckon Punk Rock Jesus will also be a hit.

Peter Panzerfaust continues to gain support - its quite clever and I have a suspicion that Alpha Girl would make a good film later down the line.

Robots v Zombies is greenlit to be a film (ignore the Dolph Vehicle out later in the year) and The Vault has been picked up by Jonny Depp.

All worth getting a couple of #1's in your box.

Andy, don't take this the wrong way, but I think you have way too high expectations for Revival. I read the 1st issue. I enjoyed it. It is not the next Saga. I'll be happy if it does as well as Fatale. Didn't get to read Punk Rock Jesus yet, but I'm anxious for it. I have a feelling that both Punk Rock Jesus and Revival will be readily available at LCSs around the country b/c of the Walking Dead 100. Incidently, does anyone know if there is going to be any variant covers for Punk Rock Jesus. Peter Panzerfaust is not selling well. There was a CGC 9.8 book that didn't sell on ebay for months. I think it finally sold for $45. Alpha Girl is not a hit. I'll be surprised if Image is publishing it this time next year. I'd love for the book to take off b/c I have a ton of copies of number one and a few ashcans I'd like to get rid of, but I doubt that I could make a reasonable profit on my investment in that book at this stage of the game. I'll also be shocked if the Vault is ever made into a movie and even if it is, I think at best we'll see numbers on it that are comparable to Kick , Wanted and a number of other movies that arose from comic book series.

Andy, don't take this the wrong way, but I think you have way too high expectations for Revival. I read the 1st issue. I enjoyed it. It is not the next Saga. I'll be happy if it does as well as Fatale. Didn't get to read Punk Rock Jesus yet, but I'm anxious for it. I have a feelling that both Punk Rock Jesus and Revival will be readily available at LCSs around the country b/c of the Walking Dead 100. Incidently, does anyone know if there is going to be any variant covers for Punk Rock Jesus. Peter Panzerfaust is not selling well. There was a CGC 9.8 book that didn't sell on ebay for months. I think it finally sold for $45. Alpha Girl is not a hit. I'll be surprised if Image is publishing it this time next year. I'd love for the book to take off b/c I have a ton of copies of number one and a few ashcans I'd like to get rid of, but I doubt that I could make a reasonable profit on my investment in that book at this stage of the game. I'll also be shocked if the Vault is ever made into a movie and even if it is, I think at best we'll see numbers on it that are comparable to Kick , Wanted and a number of other movies that arose from comic book series.

You own a comic shop or was it an illegal download ?

A copy I ordered was delivered to me yesterday. I think a lot of others also received the same copy yesterday. I don't own a comic shop and I don't download illegal comics I have respect for the law as I am an officer of the court.

There is a 1:25 variant for PRJ.

I disagree re:Peter Panzerfaust but what do I know.

I am certain though that Revival, WD inspired or not will be massive.

Diff'rent folks and all that I guess...

The Vault - I paid $3 for all 3 issues so not bothered either way tbh.

Then you'll be happy to call Diamond US & out them then as they're not allowed to

I have no civil duty (legal, moral or otherwise) to report anyone for sending me a comic I ordered which happened to not have been released by Diamond, but thanks for the suggestion. :) I'm an attorney. I'm not the comic police. lol

Edited by Nico Esq

Then you'll be happy to call Diamond US & out them then as they're not allowed to

I have no civil duty (legal, moral or otherwise) to report anyone for sending me a comic I ordered which happened to not have been released by Diamond, but thanks for the suggestion. :) I'm an attorney. I'm not the comic police. lol

Spiderman had no civil duty to stop that robber either, and look how that turned out.

Spiderman had no civil duty to stop that robber either, and look how that turned out.

:signfunny:

ohsnap.jpg