• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

Exhausting, and im not kidding. Whew. What a great time. Got a 2nd copy for $20. Both ofto mine are NM/NM-. Saw tons of people folding theirs tho. Phone bout to die. Pics later

Great you went thru it. (thumbs u. Great experience.

Trying something a little different today. I'm talking about comic sets that are doing well on eBay as voted by bidders. They paint a slightly different pictures than the typical one issue books that we see over and over again. So here they are, the top 10 comics sets as reported by The Market

• Dead Space #1-6
  • Thief of Thieves #1-5
  • Nightwing #1-9 (DC 52)
  • Detective Comics #1-11
  • Venom Circle of Four
  • Metal Gear SOld #1-8
  • Ultimate Spiderman Vol2 #1-4
  • Peter Panzerfaust #1-4
  • Uncanny X-Force #10-18
  • Justice League #1-3 + Variants (DC 52)

(thumbs u

Wildcats #1 gold seems to be a fan favorite as of late. It's getting close to the $25 mark. Is there some reboot I'm unaware of? hm(shrug)

Current auction

I'm kicking myself looking at those unsigned issues that went for so cheap. Even in VF, I've been on the lookout for copies of that book without Jim Lee's signature for awhile. I keep getting caught up with other books and forgetting about it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130646368841?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D130646368841%26_rdc%3D1

I want to say this is the 5th one i've sold over the past 6-8 months.

Wildcats #1 gold seems to be a fan favorite as of late. It's getting close to the $25 mark. Is there some reboot I'm unaware of? hm(shrug)

Current auction

Some other books doing well lately for some reason some of these make no sense to me.

Gambit Gold Retailer Variant - I bet I have had 10 of these in the last 3 years or so. Never sold them for alot maybe $10-15. All of a sudden its 1 in 100 variant according to some sellers and it sells for $25-40. Heck one variant lot sold for $175 with a few other X variants in it.

Dead Space - Always sells well as a set. Trick is the set is a nightmare to make. Issue 4 and 5 are just ridiculous to find. I find issue 6 much easier then those two.

All Thanos stuff still selling well. One misplaced gem is Avengers Infinity Gauntlet. The books sucks and the art is terrible, but it sells well as a set.

Some Sonic Hedghog issues still sell very well.

Big Hero 6 is seeing some good money as sets currently. Apparently Disney going to produce a movie has pushed this book as well as Alpha Flight 17 their first real app.

Batman, Detective and Nightwing are all selling very well in the back issue market. All 3 52 series are doing very well back issue wise.

Revival seems to be the newest hit from Image. The print run though doesnt seem to be that small you can still get copies all over the place. Its actually very well done.

I dont understand the Image Golds making a comeback at all.

Valiant key back issues are seeing nice jumps again as the characters return. So far I really enjoyed Harbinger, but was luke warm on X-O looking forward to reading Bloodshot.

Harbinger has been awesome. I think we will keep seeing heat on that book. I'm shocked that Eternal Warrior has been as hot as it is without him having his own book. I'm also shocked that the gold Valiant books are getting more heat. I'm very anxious for Archer and Armstrong. It's strange, but most of the older guys who go to my LCS haven't even figured out that Valiant is back. I wonder how much of the old Valiant stuff is in good shape. In spite of the large print runs, we didn't do nearly as good a job of keeping our comics in nm/m condition in the 90s. I think that is half the reason that books like New Mutants 98 and Vengeance of Bane have been able to do so well in the secondary market in spite of the large print runs on those titles. The other Valiant book I'm anxious to see if there is a market for is the signed Bloodshot 6 (fist Ninjak)that predated the VSS program. I know there are a number of those floating around (b/c I have one), but I don't konw if it will get any heat when Ninjak shows up in XO. Anyone feel like sharing their opinion or thoughts?

Harbinger has been awesome. I think we will keep seeing heat on that book. I'm shocked that Eternal Warrior has been as hot as it is without him having his own book. I'm also shocked that the gold Valiant books are getting more heat. I'm very anxious for Archer and Armstrong. It's strange, but most of the older guys who go to my LCS haven't even figured out that Valiant is back. I wonder how much of the old Valiant stuff is in good shape. In spite of the large print runs, we didn't do nearly as good a job of keeping our comics in nm/m condition in the 90s. I think that is half the reason that books like New Mutants 98 and Vengeance of Bane have been able to do so well in the secondary market in spite of the large print runs on those titles. The other Valiant book I'm anxious to see if there is a market for is the signed Bloodshot 6 (fist Ninjak)that predated the VSS program. I know there are a number of those floating around (b/c I have one), but I don't konw if it will get any heat when Ninjak shows up in XO. Anyone feel like sharing their opinion or thoughts?

It was one of the more common VVSS books. It may pick up some. Ninjak has never been as popular as some of the other characters so it will probably be limited in how much it could increase in value.

Not to mention you can get his first appearance for a couple of dollars.

It is still a cool book and one I don't have. (thumbs u

Saga holding around $30 for a NM 1st print #1

Revival listed for $20 already (non-variant)

Peter Panzerfaust #1 1st print hardly seen and price up to 15 quid

Irredeemable Ant-man - new listings up to $9.95 each from $1 2 days ago.

Multiple lots all gone - either sold or removed, I only saw one guy offering 4, and that was from Canada. I assume people have decided that the O'Grady character will be the Ant-Man in question and are reacting accordingly.

Fatale, Mind the Gap,Manhattan Projects and Thief of Thieves all holding on to their inflated prices $10 - $25 ish for the 1st print #1 of MTG and Fatale, a little higher for MP, whilst ToT #1 first print is now on for $100 raw in places.

This series better be good.

Dancer has bombed.

The Red Star and New Deadwardians don't have many #1's about which is suprising as the print run was 26,828 and 14,530 respectively. The Red Star movie is an explanation for that comic,but The New Deadwardians might be the next to gather pace...

I'm still keeping a look out on Robots v Zombies, Powers (image) and Nonplayer simply because of recent TV/Movie contracts but they still seem to be about the same price.

Edited by Andy70

Saga holding around $30 for a NM 1st print #1

Revival listed for $20 already (non-variant)

Peter Panzerfaust #1 1st print hardly seen and price up to 15 quid

Irredeemable Ant-man - new listings up to $9.95 each from $1 2 days ago.

Multiple lots all gone - either sold or removed, I only saw one guy offering 4, and that was from Canada. I assume people have decided that the O'Grady character will be the Ant-Man in question and are reacting accordingly.

Fatale, Mind the Gap,Manhattan Projects and Thief of Thieves all holding on to their inflated prices $10 - $25 ish for the 1st print #1 of MTG and Fatale, a little higher for MP, whilst ToT #1 first print is now on for $100 raw in places.

This series better be good.

Dancer has bombed.

The Red Star and New Deadwardians don't have many #1's about which is suprising as the print run was 26,828 and 14,530 respectively. The Red Star movie is an explanation for that comic,but The New Deadwardians might be the next to gather pace...

I'm still keeping a look out on Robots v Zombies, Powers (image) and Nonplayer simply because of recent TV/Movie contracts but they still seem to be about the same price.

Saga is a solid $14-20 book currently and may reach $30 but it aint there yet.

Revival is still a cover price book although selling well thru, but still availabe at cover even on ebay currently. ToT is selling thru on 1s at around $45-60. Make sure you are accurate on some of this stuff or at least quote where you are seeing that stuff sell that high cuz on ebay it not currently. Notice I said currently many of those can reach that price in a few weeks.