• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

except for Peter Panzerfaust...must be the BBC TV slant not appealing to US buyers. Or the people selling the comic aren't advertising it correctly (which they're not).

When you're cruising for comic books on eBay do you only buy the ones that say "TV SHOW COMING SOON" in the title? :makepoint:

Not all of these are BBC produced, but Mr. Bean's show eventually got a movie, & Top Gear & Wheeler Dealers are popular with the the gear heads, the Two Fat Ladies sold a bunch of cookbooks here, Teletubbies were big for a while, there's that crazy chef Gordon Ramsay, and there're are a number of people who watch BBC News every night over here, the list goes on and on and covers many different gamuts!

except for Peter Panzerfaust...must be the BBC TV slant not appealing to US buyers. Or the people selling the comic aren't advertising it correctly (which they're not).

When you're cruising for comic books on eBay do you only buy the ones that say "TV SHOW COMING SOON" in the title? :makepoint:

Has anyone suggested it might be the book itself for why its not selling?

Edited by Fastballspecial

so much for ToT fading...unless there's some shill bidding going on.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thief-Thieves-2-and-3-NM-Robert-Kirkman-first-print-/350584152836?pt=US_Comic_Books

That's just dumb. These issues are in stores (including mine) for $15 BINs.

while that price does seem high, those books are not in most stores.

Is there any show that's really transitioned from BBC to US besides The Office?

Three's Company

American Idol

Wife Swap

Being Human

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I remember.

The Inbetweeners (really disappointed with the fact that it's gonna be an MTV show)

The IT Crowd (thank god this one didn't get picked up, Joel McHale doesn't need anymore screen time)

Sherlock (Elementary here in the US, stupid Lucy Liu as Watson... meh)

X-Factor

Can probably go on and on and on. Nobody in America has an original idea anymore.

The Inbetweeners is just the funniest thing I've seen in ages. It pushes the boundaries of good taste but is relatable to almost anyone who has gone through those teenage years.

Brutally honest and brutally funny. Is the MTV show going to be the original UK version or a recast US interpretation like the Office and Life on Mars?

The trailer for the Inbetweeners was shown at comic con and it was an Americanized 1:1 carbon copy. The sex talk in the bathroom was identical, the frisbee scene was changed from a wheelchair to a guy on crutches and it was a football instead. They even did the driveway spraypaint with the same names.

I'm really on the fence about this. It definitely needs to be done differently.

Three's Company

American Idol

Wife Swap

Being Human

I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I remember.

Wilfred?

Wilfred is from Austrailia or New Zeland I think

The IT Crowd (thank god this one didn't get picked up, Joel McHale doesn't need anymore screen time)

This show was BRILLIANT and American writers would have turned it into 100% Rubbish. I'm glad it never made into a US series. I like Joel on The Soup, he's good at that position, I couldn't see him carrying the IT Crowd at all, and NOBODY would be able to replace Matt Berry as their corporate boss.

So..."Everybody Loves Tank Girl" #1 has become a $10 book since it was released last week...

Only two on eBay right now...one auction and one buy-it-now...

Even older issues of Series 1 are starting to rise...

was told this book was allocated, which would explain to small degree why there might be higher pricing in the short run.

Right off the top of my head, I can go as far back as 'Three's Company' in the late 70's, which was based on a British sitcom called 'Man of the House', and 'All in the Family' which was based on 'Til Death Do Us Part'.

Also, American Idol, Who wants to be a Millionaire, Whose Line is it Anyway, and even American Gladiators all either have their roots in a British TV show or are direct copies.