• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

'Death of (character X) ' has become a recurrent joke in the industry. I'll discount the value of that.

I'd also discount it because its coming from a retailer who is probably drowning in "hot" books that are just "ready to explode" in value :eyeroll:

>>I'd also discount it because its coming from a retailer who is probably drowning in "hot" books that are just "ready to explode" in value<<

Sleep tight "joecgcmaniac"

That's not the case.

I was simply posting a friendly heads up for boardies from the front lines of retail. No need to be antagonistic.

Am I missing DC combo numbers on Comichron, or are they folded into all Justice League numbers?

The Justice League #12 combo pack could be a great bet. Alternate coloring on the cover.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2012/2012-07.html

Edited by LarrysComics

>>I'd also discount it because its coming from a retailer who is probably drowning in "hot" books that are just "ready to explode" in value<<

Am I missing DC combo numbers on Comichron, or are they folded into all Justice League numbers/

The Justice League #12 combo pack could be a great bet. Alternate coloring on the cover.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2012/2012-07.html

All the DC Combo packs have been sporting alternate coloring. Too bad they're hardly ever in NM condition.

All the women in my office are pizzed off over this. They claim Wonder Woman would never go for Supes, but would be better matched with Batman or Green Lantern. So, its not going to be hot on eBay with the women in my office.

I think you might need to adjust your jock strap if you're arguing

with women in your office over this.

Just sayin..

I'm not arguing I agree that its stupid. The lady that brought it up in the office is a big Wonder Woman fan but not a comic collector. Just pointing out that all the women I've spoken to all think its stupid. Fan-boys are probably sporting chubs over the cover alone.

'Death of (character X) ' has become a recurrent joke in the industry. I'll discount the value of that.

I'd also discount it because its coming from a retailer who is probably drowning in "hot" books that are just "ready to explode" in value :eyeroll:

Nah... I don't think so. I don't see Larry being able to pimp sales for himself here. I think he's just voicing an opinion. 2c

Locally there is a ton of Justice League 12 just due to large print run. However, Larry's got the call on GL Annual 1 it has sold out at all 3 shops. I got a copy at one store and read it. This could be like the Sinestro Corps storyline again very interesting insights into GL history.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Thanks for the kind words Sir.

Just a friendly heads up to boardies: Green Lantern Annual #1 is out of stock at Diamond.

I'm NOT telling you to spend medicine money on it. It will NOT put your children through community college.

It's a killer book though. Key. Smart. Fun.

I would imagine that it is indeed the next Sinestro Corps one shot.

Also.

If you speculated on the new 52 in the last year.

You did pretty good.

Agreed..... Out of all the annuals that came out this week, GL was the most fun read.

Superman, Batman and Flash annuals you need to read the monthly books to understand what's going on, but in GL, it explains it very well, and I can just jump in and enjoy the story.

When I was reading , it did reminds me of the Sinestro Corps special. Fun read indeed.

While on a different subject, anybody picked up Aquaman variant RobotChicken?

I stopped by at mt LCS 10 mins after they opened and they only have two left. The guy said they had ten copies, and it's a 1:10 variant, not a chase variant like Spawn 222

I stopped by at mt LCS 10 mins after they opened and they only have two left. The guy said they had ten copies, and it's a 1:10 variant, not a chase variant like Spawn 222

I was able to pick up three copies!

I'm wondering if I should have accepted your offer? Can someone explain the importance of this book to me?

Also, did you leave any on the shelf, Pike?

I got two !!....they only had four copies and wouldn't let me buy them all...and they limited me to two copies of the new Justice League 12

I got two !!....they only had four copies and wouldn't let me buy them all...and they limited me to two copies of the new Justice League 12

I got five total, 3 @ Midtown and 2 from a boardie

I got five total, 3 @ Midtown and 2 from a boardie

i got 4 total.. one off ebay and 3 at my lcs..