• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

ASM #606 has been a $10 book for a while now - it doesn't really look like anything has changed :shrug:

Mike's right it sold really well for awhile, but it had cooled off lately. Few months ago I had no problem selling copies for $15 each. Now it looks like the retailer variant is really picking up steam.

The last few auctions do indicate overall it seems to be on the rise. The Long Beach Variant is increasing as well.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Look got the Spawn 223 to sell well for awhile. I really hope the print run was low. I look for the reg copy to hit $10 and probably stay around that for awhile at least.

One seller sold 50 presales a week back for the book even came out. The black and white version has been selling for $45-50 already.

Next time you are thinking of picking up that "rare" store variant you might want to think again.

From Mile High's newletter:

My final item for today is to offer you some more free variant editions of comics. Today's issues were published by Larry Doherty, of Larry's Comics, in Lowell, Massachusetts. Larry was a pioneer in the world of small press variants, oftentimes limiting the worldwide print runs of his special store editions to under 2,000 copies (!) each. Precisely because he prints so few copies of each individual issue, Larry is oftentimes reluctant to share/wholesale his variant to other comics retailers. He generously waives that prohibition in our case, however, which is the only reason why we are able to offer you a chance to pick up any of these rare Larry's Variants editions.

BIONIC MAN (2011) #1 LARRYS VAR

DUNGEONS & DRAGONS (2010) #1 LARRYS VAR

GAME OF THRONES (2011) #4 LARRYS VAR

HELLRAISER (2011) #1 LARRYS VAR

INVINCIBLE (2003) #1 LARRYS LTD

PLANET OF THE APES (2011) #1 LARRYS VAR

TRUE BLOOD (2010) #1 LARRY LTD

ASM #606 has been a $10 book for a while now - it doesn't really look like anything has changed :shrug:

Mike's right it sold really well for awhile, but it had cooled off lately. Few months ago I had no problem selling copies for $15 each. Now it looks like the retailer variant is really picking up steam.

The last few auctions do indicate overall it seems to be on the rise. The Long Beach Variant is increasing as well.

I had no idea it was ever worth more than cover.... Thanks guys.

Dont think it will matter if GL 0 sucks. Its the 1st app and thats all that will matter.

Did not BAZ first appear on the 2nd Last Page of Green Lantern #11?

That was more of a cameo. But if you're going that route, he did appear in the New 52 FCBD story first.

Dont think it will matter if GL 0 sucks. Its the 1st app and thats all that will matter.

That was more of a cameo. But if you're going that route, he did appear in the New 52 FCBD story first.

Oh yeah my bad you are indeed correct. So, Cameo FCBD DC 2012 and 1st Appearance Green Lantern #0?

Oh yeah my bad you are indeed correct. So, Cameo FCBD DC 2012 and 1st Appearance Green Lantern #0?

Nope, the cameo was in Uncanny X-Men #281 or was it Hulk #180 I can't remember?

ooooohhh dont get me started on cameos

Is Ultimate Fallout 4 variant hot or not. I've never seen a 9.8 for sale on eBay? Raw copies sometimes don't even sell. It's definitely one of the best books Marvel puts out. Opinions/thoughts?

Ultimate Comics Spider-man Pichelli Variant #1 9.8 sold for 275

Ultimate Comics Spider-man Variant #1 9.8 sold for 350

As far as I can tell, it's on his list due to this auction:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #606 & 607 NM BLACK CAT J SCOTT CAMPBELL MARVEL COMICS 2009

Nothing appears to have changed other than the price and interest. The auction you quoted was the reason it was on the list but now I have yet another list with a different quoted copy going for close to $20 in NM. Why? Hell if I know. I'm just telling you what moderns are heating up. ;)

I have a slightly different list this week of Modern Age comics that are not variants and not graded that are 'comics to watch'. Let me know what you think:

• Lady Mechanika #0 Aspen
  • Peter Panzerfaust #1
  • Transmetropolitan #1
  • Vengeance of Bane #1
  • Detective Comics #1
  • Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe
  • Manhattan Projects #1
  • Uncanny X-Men #266
  • Chew #1
  • Amazing Spider-Man #606

Now I assume the Punisher kills the Marvel Universe comic has made the list due to the fact that Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe is super hot. Sort of a trickle down theory going on there. hm(shrug)

Results farmed from here.

Edited by whetteon

I have a slightly different list this week of Modern Age comics that are not variants and not graded that are 'comics to watch'. Let me know what you think:

• Peter Panzerfaust #1
  • Transmetropolitan #1
  • Vengeance of Bane #1
  • Detective Comics #1
  • Manhattan Projects #1
  • Uncanny X-Men #266
  • Chew #1

The ones I bolded are outstanding reads and are selling very well in trade paperback format on Amazon.com.

Why is that important?

Amazon.com is much more mainstream then Diamond.

This theory worked for me with the Walking Dead before the tv show came out.

Will lightning strike twice? Probally not,but it`s good to keep an eye on these other Image books.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

• Peter Panzerfaust #1
  • Transmetropolitan #1
  • Vengeance of Bane #1
  • Detective Comics #1
  • Manhattan Projects #1
  • Uncanny X-Men #266
  • Chew #1

Now I assume the Punisher kills the Marvel Universe comic has made the list due to the fact that Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe is super hot. Sort of a trickle down theory going on there. hm(shrug)

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe is the First Garth Ennis Marvel work and his first work on the Punisher character, starting his epic run.

Always a hot book if you can find it at the right price.