• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

see, not a buzzkill

Shall i give you more?

Thor 347 as well, up until the movie.

Battle Scars 1 for the Shield Show --1st black fury (nick jr) and 1st agent coulson in comics

i could keep going lol.

Actually, I guess the real first appearance of a black Nick Fury would be the ultimate version.

see, not a buzzkill

Shall i give you more?

Battle Scars 1 for the Shield Show --1st black fury (nick jr) and 1st agent coulson in comics

i could keep going lol.

Actually, I guess the real first appearance of a black Nick Fury would be the ultimate version.

yup, but while they use a lot of the Ultimate stuff in the movies, none of it moves much. First Nick Fury Jr would have been a better way to describe it, or black 616 fury.

I think that they turned the side kick agent into coulson later on in the series (with #1 becoming his first appearance once it was known) is a pretty big vote in favor of that being the one.

Strange Tales 135 is actually the one seeing the biggest crank on the TV show, but its not modern so i didnt post it. Also, entry point is a lot higher.

Being able to get Battle Scars #1 for cover (I got two) still makes it one worth grabbing. It has seen some movement, and I dont see it going any lower. Nothing to really lose there.

see, not a buzzkill

Shall i give you more?

i could keep going lol.

yup, but while they use a lot of the Ultimate stuff in the movies, none of it moves much. First Nick Fury Jr would have been a better way to describe it, or black 616 fury.

I think that they turned the side kick agent into coulson later on in the series (with #1 becoming his first appearance once it was known) is a pretty big vote in favor of that being the one.

Strange Tales 135 is actually the one seeing the biggest crank on the TV show, but its not modern so i didnt post it. Also, entry point is a lot higher.

Being able to get Battle Scars #1 for cover (I got two) still makes it one worth grabbing. It has seen some movement, and I dont see it going any lower. Nothing to really lose there.

Actually I would agree that Battle Scars is likely to go up a bit while the Ultimate Nick Fury appearances get overlooked.

All this is assuming that they use the character of Nick Fury in the series which isn't a given.

Give up....a buzz kill like eisley is never wrong and will never change direction.

an opinion about something that hasnt happened, cant be right or wrong.

When PP#1 9.8 SS sells for $1700+ I will retract my opinion.

If BuzzKill= discussing things other than cheerleading everything forever without limit, guilty.

If you want to hear me shill for something, we can talk about ToTs. WD is AMC's cash cow, and Kirkman their golden boy. The comic and the shows are being written concurrently. in my opinion, there is NO way that ToT doesnt get piloted and aired.

The book has started on its second leg up, and will be THE book to own, and the next WD if there is one. It's print run will limit it from hitting Chew numbers pre-show launch, but the two variants are likely the way to go.

The speculators/hoarders on here I am sure have lots of ToTs. Hat tip to anyone with 9.9s regular or 9.8s and up on the variants. Like Kylen Selena, I BELIEVE IN YOU.

You will be the ^^ s

If you were a member of the community six months ago, you would have watched Krighton make thousands selling Thief of Thieves slabs. :makepoint:

makes sense why he doesnt like my comment then, and i still stand by it :D

BBC=fail

and my comment was about your age (not krightons). If you are older than me, you dont show it with your comments.

Regardless, as i said, if doctor who is the best case scenario, (it wont reach that), then it certainly isnt going to touch WD.

The BBC is a rising star. Doctor Who is an international sensation. Copper is great. Luther is great. Peter Panzerfaust has a lot of potential because BBC is creating the pilot. I don't nkow Gaz, but I would encourage you to be more respectful of other members particularly when they have substantially more information that you do about a topic. Arguing is not the way to make friends or impress people. My 2 Cents.

The BBC is a rising star. Doctor Who is an international sensation. Copper is great. Luther is great. Peter Panzerfaust has a lot of potential because BBC is creating the pilot. I don't nkow Gaz, but I would encourage you to be more respectful of other members particularly when they have substantially more information that you do about a topic. Arguing is not the way to make friends or impress people. My 2 Cents.

BBC is a rising star? they are what they have always been, nothing has changed. Feel free to back up that claim with some information or facts. They have always been massive, and always will be....

Peter Panzerfaust is limited by all the points I have already made, and you are welcome to quote one of them and refute it.

Gaz has no information on any subject, nor did he post any, let alone "substantial" information. Neither did you for that fact. So you should actually read what was wrote. He jumped into the discussion by questioning whether I watched the BBC, which I have for over 30 years. So the only thing he actually said, was wrong.

He works for the BBC and I guess didnt like my comments about the BBC. They are my opinions, and I am entitled to them. The totality of me being "disrespectful" was saying BBC =fail??? seriously...and that the BBC is a global warming propaganda machine....

REAL insulting stuff.

So by all means, point me to or link some Doctor Who comic sales links that show how great its spin offs are doing.

Or as I challenged in the thread, list the top BBC dramas or shows by ratings, of all time, and show any of them to be boosting Comics.

Actually, the only insult I said, was when I quoted Shakespeare. Which I am sure you didnt catch, but working for the BBC, I'll assume he did ;)

Lastly, if you think I am trying to make friends or impress people......I'm not. In fact, I am genuinely frustrated with the cheerleader attack squads on here that try to squelch any debate, like it was CNBC power lunch, and I am talking about a stock that might be a hold or even HEAVEN FORBID a sell.

Panzerfaust will stay strong, boosted by low print run, and a coming show. With the BBC, it likely will get made, be a critical success, and stick around for a bit.

It wont EVER be WD, or even close. my 2 cents.

PS - i still think captain hook will have a large carbon footprint ROFL

TBH eisley, maybe you should re-read the posts yourself, all I asked was this...

Do you actually watch any content by the BBC (shrug)

And I did because, most people who do would not take your view regards the BBC. It's not exactly like it is a cert that a Canadian would, seeing as it's the British Broadcasting Company so I wasn't completely out their with feeling the question was pertinent.

I then responded to Zaitsev who seemed to misread, what I asked, and felt I was asking if I thought Americans wouldn't have watched the BBC, Which I wasn't

Do you actually watch any content by the BBC (shrug)

I think that this has been talked about in the PPZ thread, but yes, Americans know a lot of BBC programming, and watch a lot of BBC-America.

I wasn't talking about Americans in General as I understand It's place over their but his comments just strike me as being someone who knows nothing about the BBC and the shows they produce (shrug)

I honestly said nothing else, until you decided to shot me down, as if I was a child (shrug) Why? Maybe it was actually me who hit some kind of nerve, I don't know? It wasn't your comments regards the BBC that were disrespectful it was how you handled my question.

I was watching it before you were born, and I didnt say they would have bad actors, or anything other such thing. I am sure the show will be cast with great stage actors, and be well written.

I stand by all my comments. Especially Captain Hook the climate denier villian lol.

and my comment was about your age (not krightons). If you are older than me, you dont show it with your comments.

You then went on to tell me I knew nothing about the BBC (well at least not as much as you), which you may have learnt isn't true and called me immature. You have since gone on to insult my intelligence.

Why disrespect someone for simply asking a question and continue to do so just to stroke your own ego, feel big do you?

I have no stake in the PZ debate, I was not insulted or upset about your BBC comments, I just didn't think your comments were either fair or from someone who knew anything about the BBC.

I could give you a list of great modern shows that the BBC have produced in the last 5 - 10 years but why would I bother when you wouldn't listen any way.

Personally you really do need to draw a line over this, forget it and move on. YOu are simply making yourself look bad and like Nico has pointed out you will start to loose friends very soon if you continue to act like this to more than only me and you honestly are.

Its only comics after all. It's great to have your opinion but please don't tell me I can't have mine :/

I'm holding #1, #1 second print, #2, #2 second print, and #3 of PPZ for now, they seem to be heating up on the ebay.

From what I am reading and seeing on the net this may be a good idea. It's doubtful that it will be a WD or even a Chew but It will most likely be somewhere just behind.

It ain't going to be another Walking Dead.

The PPZ book is already faltering in terms of content and the show has a high likely-hood of failing, just because that's how it is out there in TV land.

PPZ, at least the early, "htf" issues have not finished with their rallys and break-outs though..

The PPZ book is already faltering in terms of content and the show has a high likely-hood of failing, just because that's how it is out there in TV land.

PPZ, at least the early, "htf" issues have not finished with their rallys and break-outs though..

can i have tonights winning lottery numbers?

Bedlam #1

ToT #1

Saga #1

PP #1

Revival #1

Zombies vs Robots #1

Powerball: TWD #1 9.9

(thumbs u

Heh, well, I kept a double run going until the end of the first arc, and I think that it would be a better move, if you are still buying them, to spend on more of the first few issues vs. keeping multiple runs going.

I hope that the TV show is better than the comic, which I don't need a crystal ball to tell you, kinda sucks at this point! =)

I have no stake in the PZ debate, I was not insulted or upset about your BBC comments, I just didn't think your comments were either fair or from someone who knew anything about the BBC.

I could give you a list of great modern shows that the BBC have produced in the last 5 - 10 years but why would I bother when you wouldn't listen any way.

Do you think the BBC can produce a show that will be a driver of PPZ demand and sales? WD has been great, but there have been other mass media comic adaptations that have not translated into demand at the comic book level. Even if they make a great show, is it the type of property where watchers will say 'Oh, that's based on a comic? Where can I get it?' hm