• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,841 posts in this topic

Peter pan has a lower print run than chew.....if bbc were fail it wouldnt be pushing $60 raw.... peter pan transcends normal market trends.....

Do you really believe that? Or is that the investor side of you talking your rational side out of being right?

Better way to put it, are you saying that because you paid $60 for one?

If you read what I wrote, I said long term. i dont doubt it will stay hot, especially with the small print run. If a show gets made it will be great for the price of the book.

What I also said, and I stand by it, is that it will NEVER come close to Walking Dead in terms of popularity/effect on mainstream--pop culture. Which imo means, it will NEVER reach the prices WD has.

Also, BBC = Mega Fail, regardless. With them making it, they'll probably turn Captain Hook into a WW2 era climate change denier, and have peter lecturing him on his carbon footprint.

Its a good story concept with a low print run that hasnt seen its peak yet, but not the next WD. my 2 cents

The concept statement ALONE caused me to pull the trigger & order the most copies of Peter Panzerfaust of any retailer.

Peter Pan vs Nazi's. THAT'S cool as mess.

The book itself underwhelmed. Mediocre at best. I was bored after #1.

Best of luck, but it better get to Peter Pan vs Nazi's FAST.

+1

PP #1 has a lower print run than Chew (fact)....i bought all my Peter Panz's for cover or less. Except for my PP #1 SS which i bought for $50 and sold for $223.00.....BBC is anything but fail....worst case you sell only to europeans who appreciate it more.

Edited by krighton

Peter pan has a lower print run than chew.....if bbc were fail it wouldnt be pushing $60 raw.... peter pan transcends normal market trends.....

Do you really believe that? Or is that the investor side of you talking your rational side out of being right?

If you read what I wrote, I said long term. i dont doubt it will stay hot, especially with the small print run. If a show gets made it will be great for the price of the book.

What I also said, and I stand by it, is that it will NEVER come close to Walking Dead in terms of popularity/effect on mainstream--pop culture. Which imo means, it will NEVER reach the prices WD has.

Also, BBC = Mega Fail, regardless. With them making it, they'll probably turn Captain Hook into a WW2 era climate change denier, and have peter lecturing him on his carbon footprint.

Its a good story concept with a low print run that hasnt seen its peak yet, but not the next WD. my 2 cents

Do you actually watch any content by the BBC (shrug)

I think that this has been talked about in the PPZ thread, but yes, Americans know a lot of BBC programming, and watch a lot of BBC-America.

I wasn't talking about Americans in General as I understand It's place over their but his comments just strike me as being someone who knows nothing about the BBC and the shows they produce (shrug)

Agreed....MOST books will NEVER come close to TWD.

I think that this has been talked about in the PPZ thread, but yes, Americans know a lot of BBC programming, and watch a lot of BBC-America.

I wasn't talking about Americans in General as I understand It's place over their but his comments just strike me as being someone who knows nothing about the BBC and the shows they produce (shrug)

I was watching it before you were born, and I didnt say they would have bad actors, or anything other such thing. I am sure the show will be cast with great stage actors, and be well written.

I stand by all my comments. Especially Captain Hook the climate denier villian lol.

Your comments make me laugh cause if you knew me you wouldnt be saying it lol

Gaz are you the guy that works at the BBC? Or am I thinking of someone else on the boards?

^^

makes sense why he doesnt like my comment then, and i still stand by it :D

BBC=fail

and my comment was about your age (not krightons). If you are older than me, you dont show it with your comments.

Regardless, as i said, if doctor who is the best case scenario, (it wont reach that), then it certainly isnt going to touch WD.

Edited by eisley

if you did, you would know my global warming joke clearly shows that I do. I am Canadian not American, and I have seen the BBC my whole life, thanks for asking.

It could have been worse - you might have been weened on ITV shows.