• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

I don't know if it's heating up. But I have really liked the new Hawkeye.

Great covers and interior art with good story telling.

But......Hawkeye really hasn't had a lot of geek appeal.

Plus, you should only give out tips after you've cashed out.

Edited by Chi Bamm

Anybody get an awesome score and buy something recently that is modern and heating up on ebay, and is a comic book, and if so, what was it?

got Batman Adventures 12 in a 9.0-9.2 ish range, raw, for 99 cents. They have been doing strong this summer.

Edited by eisley

Ok, so who has cashed out from a modern that's heating up on ebay?

Something modern, ebay, comics, hot, talk about it.

His only 33 :/ born on 6/25/1979 well at least thats what his other internet profiles say, technically he is correct as he could have seen some BBC kids programmes at the age of 1 lol

I have lots of profiles, with lots of names, for someone furiously claiming I dont know you (though you did change your sig pretty fast andrew), you make a lot of assumptions about who i am, and what is true.

Keep going though, this is amusing :D

:popcorn:

once you lose the debate and ask other people to move on, yet keep crying like a wee girlie, i see no reason to not keep going :)

how many accounts do you have here btw?

Edited by eisley

You've been watching the BBC since the 1970's? What was your fave TOTP's episode? /quote]

as a kid i watched what my parents watched, and it was drama's and detective shows mostly, thanks for asking. Though I did watch the real doctor who as well, if you really want to go on about old BBC shows.

Since i've moved on, and you are spinning your tires like a n00b, why dont you ask krighton about the 60s instead.

no amount of vitriol or back peddling can counter my points. I can smash you fools all day long if you'd like, so keep trying. Maybe I shall live up to chavies, gavi, whatever his name is, comments. :D

BBC =faill, PP = never WD, what size is YOUR carbon footprint?

and interesting profile name.....

You've been watching the BBC since the 1970's? What was your fave TOTP's episode? /quote]

as a kid i watched what my parents watched, and it was drama's and detective shows mostly, thanks for asking. Though I did watch the real doctor who as well, if you really want to go on about old BBC shows.

Since i've moved on, and you are spinning your tires like a n00b, why dont you ask krighton about the 60s instead.

no amount of vitriol or back peddling can counter my points. I can smash you fools all day long if you'd like, so keep trying. Maybe I shall live up to chavies, gavi, whatever his name is, comments. :D

BBC =faill, PP = never WD, what size is YOUR carbon footprint?

and interesting profile name.....

So you didn't watch any BBC in the 1970's?

A revival i was watching to see, closed out @ $70 for CGC 9.8. That's a good sign for it, if it can hold the line there. With no real rumors to support it in the speculators market, not making lower highs is key to setting a floor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVIVAL-1-CGC-9-8-W-1st-Print-SOLD-OUT-Seeley-Norton-Frison-/170908003276?nma=true&si=Fx8fnvQxPsFWjSDxW%2BZaSA%2FwYNM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Let's try again.

Originally Posted By: Zaitsev

Anybody get an awesome score and buy something recently that is modern and heating up on ebay, and is a comic book, and if so, what was it?

got Batman Adventures 12 in a 9.0-9.2 ish range, raw, for 99 cents. They have been doing strong this summer.

A revival i was watching to see, closed out @ $70 for CGC 9.8. That's a good sign for it, if it can hold the line there. With no real rumors to support it in the speculators market, not making lower highs is key to setting a floor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170908003276

Edited by eisley

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REVIVAL-1-CGC-9-8-W-1st-Print-SOLD-OUT-Seeley-Norton-Frison-/170908003276?nma=true&si=Fx8fnvQxPsFWjSDxW%2BZaSA%2FwYNM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

What does that mean?

"not making lower highs is key to setting a floor"

It's making my head spin trying to figure it out. lol

Let's try again.

I hope that the book keeps on rolling!

ebay Comic charts would be sweet, my search says that beyond the first few gotta have it sales, the one cgc 9.8 before it went for 5 more total out of pocket,

but even so, a couple of 70's is a nice jump from the 60s and under before those,

and probably a good spot to watch for sentiment.

The variants seem to still have some good average value as well.

We will see what happens with prices and if/when it gets any extra hype, but it's a good read at cover nonetheless.

I screwed up the quotes, but was trying to tell the other guy, nice score on that Batman!

Edited by Zaitsev

yah....some guy in England knows whether a Canadian watches BBC since the 70s, and whether a stage actor driven BBC show can top American Pop Culture and outsell WD comic books...

So, how did you manage that...

...when you were only born in '79?

hm

It's great when a n00b jumps in an posts about one thing they read, without reading the rest of the thread.......

His only 33 :/ born on 6/25/1979 well at least thats what his other internet profiles say, technically he is correct as he could have seen some BBC kids programmes at the age of 1 lol

I have lots of profiles, with lots of names, for someone furiously claiming I dont know you (though you did change your sig pretty fast andrew), you make a lot of assumptions about who i am, and what is true.

Keep going though, this is amusing :D

:popcorn:

once you lose the debate and ask other people to move on, yet keep crying like a wee girlie, i see no reason to not keep going :)

how many accounts do you have here btw?

Have you considered a career in googling? you are a BEAST.

I'm trynig to be a good boy here, but I am going to start docx'ing n00bs if they dont get it under control.

Let's try again.

I hope that the book keeps on rolling!

ebay Comic charts would be sweet, my search says that beyond the first few gotta have it sales, the one cgc 9.8 before it went for 5 more total out of pocket,

but even so, a couple of 70's is a nice jump from the 60s and under before those,

and probably a good spot to watch for sentiment.

The variants seem to still have some good average value as well.

We will see what happens with prices and if/when it gets any extra hype, but it's a good read at cover nonetheless.

I screwed up the quotes, but was trying to tell the other guy, nice score on that Batman!

Thanks, nice to see sentient life exists here lol. I agree on the 70, its a bullish sign. There are WAY less on offer, seemed like people pulled a lot of them when the numbers got so low.

Obviously without TV rumors it wasnt going to hold the earlier 90s. I have sme 9.8+ candidates to sub, but am going to wait and see where it goes. If it dipped to the 50s I was just going to buy someone elses.

70 is a good line for it to hold if we can see somemore. :)